BLOOD OMEN: LEGACY OF KAIN
The 100 Secrets
June 18, 2000
By Shaftiel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About a week ago I dug up Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and realized
that I had never gotten all the secrets... in fact, I had never even
tried. So I started playing again and went on the net, checking the
FAQs and Lo! There wasn't a complete list anywhere! Worse yet, at
the official site, (http://220.127.116.11/heritage/faq/faqtoc.htm) all
of the links to the graphics explaining the walkthrough were gone!
What to do?
Well, here it is: all 100 secrets. 80% of the credit goes to Mr.Slam
(email@example.com) for writing the 30+ page walkthrough that
listed 88 of them. His is posted on GameFAQs.com, and everywhere
else as well. Most of these are taken directly from him; they may be
listed in a different order with slightly altered descriptions, but
almost all are his. The last 20% goes to the (semi) defunct official
homepage listed above; even without the graphics, the site helped
quite a bit.
Oh, and thanks to Silicon Knights and Crystal Dynamics for making a
game that's still fun to play after five years.
Using this Guide:
The secrets are listed in the order that you will encounter them
assuming that you go straight from the beginning of the game to the
end, taking bat form only when forced to do so. This is very
different from the order that you will (most likely) actually get
them in. For example, from the start of the game, the first secret
that you can get is Secret 6, as 1-5 require enhanced strength or
wolf form. Similarly, Secret 15 is one of the last you can get, as
the third strength fountain is near the end of the game. The order
that I have listed them in makes them very easy to find, however.
This FAQ only lists the secrets that the game registers as "Secrets"
and show up on the Secrets: xx/100 on the Status menu. Lots of neat
things, some of which can be a little tricky to find, are not
included in this list because the game does not count them as
Note that you need to get Secrets 1-97 before you return the doll to
Willendorf. If you don't know why from the other FAQs, I won't give
it away, but trust me on this.
You CAN screw up and make some secrets difficult, if not impossible,
to get. At least three of the people you need to possess repop as
ghosts when you kill them, and you can't possess a ghost without
Spirit Wrack, the last spell you get. Oops. So make sure that you
are throwing the correct spell when you try to possess them.
ALL OF THE SECRETS:
1. Mausoleum - In the first mausoleum you'll find two small
boulders lying in two symbols of blood. Push
the boulders off their switches (you'll need
increased strength) and a secret door will
open to your south/east.
2. Cemetery - East of the first mausoleum there can be
found a flay. Use Lupine form to jump over
3. Cemetery - Same as secret 2, but walk south and take
the vial of blood.
4. South-west crypt – South of the first mausoleum is a crypt that
you need wolf form to reach. It contains a
teleporter that teleports you to the crypt
located east of here.
5. Ziegstuhl - Behind the counter in the tavern where you
started the game is a red glow; there's a
button here. It opens a passage behind the
bar to a backdoor leading to the Flay Forge.
6. Shrine of Light - From the entrance, go right and walk into
the south-east corner. A wall will open
giving you a Blood Vial.
7. Shrine of Light - Almost at the end of the dungeon, when
you're heading south, you'll see a pillar
with a red glow around it. It's a switch and
opens the two doors at the sides of the
8. Spirit Forge - North-west of the Wolf Cave is a cave with
the Flay Spirit Forge.
9. Brigand's Base - Follow the bridges east from Nachtholm, then
jump up the ledges and enter the mooncave
when the moon is full.
10. Cave north-east - Use mist form to walk over water and go into
of Nachtholm the cave. It's a teleporter to a stonehenge
location with lots of items.
11. South-east of - Cross the water and enter the moon cave
Nachtholm during a full moon. It's a teleporter to
another stonehenge area.
12. Big Horn Brothel - Enter the Big Horn Brothel in Steinchencroe.
Walk north and go up the middle passage.
There you'll see two chairs against the
wall; push the left chair to the left. Doing
this will reveal a secret door which is a
backdoor to the Spirit Forge of Implode.
13. Secret Feeding - East of Steinchencroe is a cave. Simply walk
Area to the statue of the four-armed demon to get
14. Secret Feeding - From secret 13, break the statue with the
Area spiked mace and continue through the
dungeon. You will get the secret
automatically when you walk far enough.
15. East of - Push the gray boulder and exit to the east
Steinchencroe (you need all three strength fountains).
16. Spirit Forge - North of Steinchencroe is a mooncave in
which is the Spirit Forge of Implode.
17. Vasserbunde - In this town there's a house that you cannot
enter because of a menhir blocking the door.
Simply smash it with the mace and go inside.
Go to the west room and move Kain over a
hidden floor switch in the north-west
corner. Now go back to the main room, where
you'll notice that the cage has moved to the
left, revealing a door. Behind it is a
backdoor to the Font of Putrescence Forge.
18. South-west of - Smash the stone south west of Vasserbunde
Vasserbunde and obtain the items.
19. South/west of - Change to mist form and follow the river,
Vasserbunde exiting the map to the south-west. You'll
find a Symbol of Power and two other items.
20. Nupraptor's - After the four tests, at the first crossing,
Retreat go south into the lower jaw and push the
lever. This will open a door to your north-
21. North of - West of the magic cave is another menhir.
Vasserbunde Smash it with the mace and get the items.
22. Spirit Forge - The putrescence Forge is located in the
mooncave south of Coorhagen.
23. Inspire Hate - In order to get the Inspire Hate spell, go
Dungeon to the area with the female ghosts. Open
every door and then pull the chain (to open
the first door) again. Now a secret door
will open to the dungeon.
24. Malek's Bastion - When you first enter the Bastion, step on
the grill directly above the teleporter on
the right; this will open a secret door
to your north-east.
25. Malek's Bastion - After going into the door of Secret 25, walk
all the way (just keep going up without
teleporting) until you come in a room with
four levers. Pull the first and the last one
down and a door will open to your west.
Through that door is another lever: pull it
and there will be no more ghost-guards in
26. Lost City - Okay, the Lost City is huge, with 28 secrets
and literally hundreds of items. Every
secret is either a button or switch. To get
there head north-west across the water from
the Mist Dungeon. There you will come to an
island with a teleporter that will take you
to the entrance, but the entrance is blocked
by a huge gate that only opens when there is
a full moon. When you get in you will first
have to go into the building immediately to
your east. In the big area with the ice walk
there's a button in the north-east corner.
27. Lost City - Same as Secret 26, but in the north-west
corner. Having completed both Secrets 26 and
27 opens the door in the same area.
28. Lost City - In the area behind the door of Secrets 26
and 27, there is a statue of a snake in the
center of the hall. It is a switch that
opens the gate south of where you entered
the Lost City, allowing you access to the
rest of the city.
29. Lost City - From where you entered the Lost City walk
all the way south, then enter the first
temple you come to. It should have flame
guns inside. In that temple there's another
statue in the first right corner.
30. Lost City - Same as secret 30, but further north in the
31. Lost City - Same as Secret 29 and 30, but yet further
into the building. Hitting the buttons of
Secrets 29, 30 and 31 opens the door in the
32. Lost City - Go outside the temple of Secrets 29-31 and
go into the temple directly north of it.
Just inside the entrance there is a button
to the left.
33. Lost City - After you push the button at secret 32, walk
to the right and take control of the guard's
mind. Now walk north and push the button to
open the door to the teleporter.
34. Lost City - Still controlling the guard, walk into the
teleporter. North of the teleporter exit is
35. Lost City - Same as Secret 34, but push the next button
on your way.
36. Lost City - Same as Secret 34.
37. Lost City - Same as Secret 34.
38. Lost City - Same as Secret 34.
39. Lost City - Same as Secret 34.
40. Lost City - Same as Secret 34.
41. Lost City - Go into the next temple to the east. Use the
control mind spell to take control of the
priest to the left. Now push the button to
42. Lost City - Same as Secret 41, but do the same thing to
the priest to the right.
43. Lost City - Go north through the door that opened after
you completed Secrets 41 and 42. Go left and
take your first right. There should be a
44. Lost City - Same as Secret 43; backtrack, but now go
right and take the first left.
45. Lost City - Behind the teleporter is a switch on the
wall that unlocks the last building.
46. Lost City - All the way in the north-east corner of
the Lost City is a building. This is it: the
Spirit Forge clearing house!!! There are
hallways to the right and the left, with
four doors off of each One door is open. Go
through it (eight doors... eight types of
items... eight Spirit Forges.... nah, it
couldn't be...) and hit the switch. It will
open the next door.
47. Lost City - Same as secret 46 (OMG! It really is the
Spirit Forge clearing house!!!).
48. Lost City - Same as secret 46.
49. Lost City - Same as secret 46.
50. Lost City - Same as secret 46.
51. Lost City - Same as secret 46.
52. Lost City - Same as secret 46.
53. Lost City - Same as secret 46. Now dance around, 'cause
you have more items than you can lift and
you're done with the Lost City!
54. Control Mind - When you enter the dungeon, head north. Walk
Dungeon on until you get the control mind spell. Go
back south until you see three guys on the
left with maces. Use magic to kill two of
them and then possess the remaining one.
Walk west and pull the switch. Still
controlling him, walk back and take the
55. Control Mind - Same as Secret 54, but do the same thing to
Dungeon the guys on your right (three guys with
56. Control Mind - Go to the location where the arrow-shooting
Dungeon skulls are. Pass them. Now pull the switch
and go back up. Turn right and take control
of the guy who is standing there. Walk
north, avoiding the axe, and take the Heart
57. Control Mind - Go back to the main room of the Mind
Dungeon Dungeon. Note the guy in the north-eastern
corner, the one with the switch. Flipping
this switch will alternately open a secret
door to the north and open the front door,
so if you want to come back, you'll need to
switch it before you leave. Enter the
aforementioned secret door. As soon as you
enter the new room, stand still and fire an
Energy Bolt. You'll hear it hit a switch,
opening the teleporter immediately above
you; this is a backdoor to the Antitoxin
58. Control Mind - Now kill one of the two guys on the left and
Dungeon take control of the other one's mind. Walk
north and turn the switch. Now you'll have
access to the backdoor to the Energy Bank
Spirit Forge in the next room north.
59. Control Mind - Possess one of the guys to the right and go
Dungeon due north. There you'll see another switch.
Pull it to lower a bridge so you can walk to
the teleporters (like you'd want to).
60. Spirit Forge - In the south-west corner of Termagant Forest
(the area with the Control Mind & Flame
Sword dungeons) you can find an Energy Bank:
just turn to Wolf and jump up. But the
Energy Bank Spirit Forge is in the same
location. Change to Mist form and walk
through the crack in the wall.
61. Spirit Forge - In the Termagant Forest, the cave north-east
of the flame sword dungeon contains the
Antitoxin Soul Forge.
62. Vorador's - At the second red triangle on the ground go
Mansion east. Take control of the northern gypsy's
body and pull the switch. Now go back to the
triangle as Kain and the door to the left
will be opened.
63. Vorador's - Having completed Secret 62, exit south
Mansion through the newly-opened door. Take any
items you want. Walk through the east door
in mist form and take the symbol of Power to
get the secret.
64. Vorador's - At the first area with lots of floor spikes
Mansion and the two gypsies shooting at you from the
north there is a secret button at the third
pillar that opens a door back to the east
(you can see the secret area on your
65. Vorador's - From the button that triggered secret 64,
Mansion walk north through the door. At the next
door there is a secret button to the left.
This button opens a secret door to the
south-east of here (again, look on your
66. Vorador's - When you get the Chaos Armor, walk north.
Mansion There's a secret button near the pillar.
Then take control of the gypsy's mind and
walk through the secret door.
67. Vorador's - Two rooms north of the Blood Shower spell,
Mansion in the room with the two gypsies, there
there is a secret button on the wall to the
north. This opens a door to the west.
68. Vorador's - After Secret 67, exit through the door to
Mansion the west. You'll enter a room with two
ghouls and four meals (chained victims).
Again there's a button on the north wall.
This opens a door next to the button from
69. Vorador's - Continuing forward through the mansion,
Mansion you'll next find an ancient chronicle of
Vorador. To the right of it is a secret
button. This opens a door to the south.
70. Vorador's - After secret 69, take control of the gypsy,
Mansion walk all the way south and finally exit.
There's a button in the NW corner of the
room you'll enter; this reveals a door to
the left of the chronicle (by Secret 69).
71. Vorador's - In Vorador's dining room, after meeting
Mansion him, walk to the north-west corner. Walk
through the wall in mist form (there's a
part you can pass through).
72. Vorador's - Still in his dining room, walk through the
Mansion door to the east. You'll see a green glow
next to the pillar to the north. That's
because there is a secret button here.
73. Janos' House - In the middle of Uschtenheim you will find a
house with three rooms, but the doorway to
the east is closed. To open it go AAALLL the
way back to the first crypt and push all
three buttons (the ones where you originally
only pushed two to get past some spikes).
Now go back to Uschtenhei'm and the door
will be opened. There, you'll find a
backdoor to the Heart of Darkness Forge.
74. West of - Here you can find one Implode. It's not
Uschtenheim much, but it's a secret.
75. North-west of - From Secret 74, continue north and then east
Uschtenheim using lupine form. There are should be
2 Pentalich's of Tarot. Take the first
one for Secret 75.
76. North-west of - Take the second Pentalich of Tarot from
Uschtenheim Secret 75, take get another secret.
77. Lava Cave - Halfway between Uschtenheim and Dark Eden
is a cave filled with lava. Pull the
switch in the NW corner.
78. Spirit Forge - Also between Uschtenheim and Dark Eden is a
huge boulder, beyond which is a gate that
only opens under a full moon (the gate shows
up on the map), beyond which is a cave
containing the Heart of Darkness Forge.
79. Lightning Cave - Between Dark Eden and Abernus, near a
beacon, is another huge gate that only opens
during the full moon. Behind it is the
dungeon where you can get the Lightning
80. Town of Abernus - In the area where you encounter a gray demon
for the first time there is a house with the
door is half smashed (north of where the
demon stands. Enter the house in mist form.
There are two gray demons and a slow time
inside the house; the slow time is the
81. Town of Abernus - From Secret 80, walk east through a crack in
the wall next to the door. Use mist form.
Exit south from the small room you enter.
Now you're in a big sewer. There is another
stairway in the NW corner; this leads to
another small room with a crack. Again walk
through the crack in mist form and take the
items. The energy bank is the secret.
82. Town of Abernus – Go back into the big sewer from Secret 81.
In the SW corner of the sewer system is a
heart of darkness, which is a secret.
83. Town of Abernus – From secret 82, exit through the door to the
south in mist form. In the second sewer area
there is a secret slow time to the east.
84. Town of Abernus - In the second sewer area of secret 83, exit
by taking the other stairs. Walk through the
crack (I think you know how by now). The
slow time in the chamber to the north is the
secret. Also, this is a great place to exit
the sewer, as you are in front of the
85. Abernus' - At the northern end of the first section of
Cathedral the cathedral (before you get soul reaver),
at the last room you teleport into, there's
a passage to the south out of the room. This
is one of the coolest secrets in the game.
86. South-east of - When travelling from Abernus to Willendorf
exit from Abernus you pass two huge boulders to the south
blocking a passage to the lake to your
south. There are four Hearts of Darkness
there, one of which is the secret.
87. Gypsy Cave - This is the cave directly east of Secret 86.
When you enter the cave walk until you see
two gypsies throwing knives, one to the
right and one to the left. Control the mind
of the one to the right and lead him to a
floor panel; this opens a door in the north
end of the cave.
88. East of Willendorf- Push the large brown boulders, then walk on
and push the large gray boulder. At the end
are a few Pentalich's of Tarot.
89. South-east of - If you go south until you can't anymore, you
Willendorf come to an area where the map shows a beacon
and three caves. One of the caves contains
those jesters that summon zombies, as well
as some items, and is a secret.
90. Spirit Forge - South of Secret 89 is a mooncave. This
contains the Slow Time Spirit Forge.
91. Willendorf - There is a house on the western edge of the
Village town, overlooking the lake and separated
from the rest of Willendorf by a cliff.
There you'll find the backdoor to the Slow
Time Spirit Forge.
92. South of - Walk to the island in mist form. There are
Willendorf four Hearts of Darkness and a magic orb.
93. Island south of - South of Elzevir's Mansion is a small island
Elzevir's Mansion covered with ice. There you will find a few
items, one of which is a secret.
94. South/west of - From the Secret 93, walk west, then follow
Elzevir's Mansion the coast south. You'll see a magic orb and
95. South of - From Secret 94 continue to follow the coast
Elzevir's Mansion counter-clockwise and you'll find another
magic orb and a heart of darkness.
96. South of - From Secret 95 continue to follow the coast
Elzevir's Mansion and you'll find a blood vial with yet
another magic orb.
97. Spirit Forge - To the west of William the Just's Stronghold
you can see two caves, one of which is a
mooncave. You get there by heading north-
west from just outside his stronghold. This
contains the Pentalich of Tarot Forge. Note
that there is no backdoor to the cave.
-Return the Doll-
98. Spirit Forge - Go to the Pentalich of Tarot Forge again.
Yes, it counts as more than one secret.
99. Stronghold of - As you journey through the stronghold you may
William the Just witness a conversation between Mobius and
William. This is the room with the secret. To
get it, continue on until you come to a room
with three hallways running north to south
and four switches along the north wall, two
in the center hall and one in each side hall.
Flip the switch to the immediate left of the
door and exit the room through the now-open
door in the south-east corner. The switch
that is the secret is to the east of the door
in the room you enter.
-Fight William the Just-
100. Spirit Forge - Wait a while (it's good to have a book), then
go back into the Pentalich of Tarot Forge.
Congratulations! You got all 100 secrets!
Some final notes:
Some of the secrets are described as backdoors, a phrase used by
Mr.Slam. These are teleporters that lead directly into the Spirit
Forges. These are the fastest ways to get into the Forges; much
faster than, for example, waiting for a full moon. In his FAQ he
covers this; what he misses, however, is that the cool thing about
the backdoors is that they allow you to possess and send normal
peasants to the Forges. Try it, it's pretty cool.
The moongates open only on full moons. A full moon occurs once every
two hours of real time, so keep track of them. Luckily, there are
only five moongates that don't have backdoors: Secrets 9, 10, 26-53
(the Lost City), 79 (the gate to the Lightning spell) and 97, 98,
100 (all three are the Pentalich Spirit Forge). Sadly, one of them,
that is the Pentalich Forge, must be revisited three times, and you
end up waiting for a couple of hours the last time. Other than that
you should be able to hit more than one moongate with each full
Something to note is that having a list with all the secrets makes
the game very, very easy, and it isn't terribly hard to begin with.
If you get all the secrets you will spend most of the game with
between 60 and 99 of each item, even using them as fast as you can.
The Lost City alone has about 50 of each item; the last building
there is essentially a Spirit Forge K-Mart. So goof around a little,
try to use the axes a lot, or see just how long 99 Spirit Batteries
last if you use them non-stop.
One final thought: as you get these secrets, if you're going for all
100, MARK THE ONES YOU GET. There's nothing more frustrating than
having 96 and not knowing which one you missed... trust me on this.
This document copyright 2000, Matthew Barker.
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain copyright 1996, Crystal Dynamics.
This document is meant to be not meant to be used in a for-profit
manner, and nobody, other than gamefaqs.com, has permission to
reprint/reproduce/distribute/post it without first obtaining my