The City of Tyr
1) Upon entering, a woman will come up to you and talk to you
about the Veiled Alliance. No matter what you say to her she
will get killed and a group of Draxans will come out to attack
you. Kill them and pick up the note which the woman left.
2) Go into the building directly north-east of the place where
you fought. It will be an inn. Go into the eastern section and
talk to the dwarf Arslan. Tell him that the woman talked to you
about the Veiled alliance and that you are not a member but
would like to join. He will quest you to discover what the
templars are up to in exchange for membership.
3) Leave the inn and enter the building south-east of the one
you exited. Go into the eastern section and open the first door
up. Talk to Fayina and say that you need her help to get into
the templar's headquarters. She will tell you to first settle
her debt with Acar. Leave.
4) Walk down the road west to the market and then go up through
the market and enter the building directly north of the market.
The guard will stop you. Tell him that you want to see Acar and
head to the north-eastern room. Talk to Acar. Tell him that you
are there to settle Fayina's debt. Since you won't have the
money, tell him that that surely the money is not all that
important. He will tell you that he can forget the debt if you
carry a message to Boric the overseer of the mines. Take the
note and leave his house.
5) Go into the house directly west of Acar's. Talk to Boric and
tell him that you are there to deliver a note. Give him the
note and he will agree to the proposal. Leave his house and
return to Acar.
6) Talk to Acar and tell him that Boric agreed to the proposal.
He will forgive Fayina's debt. Return to her and tell her that
she owes Acar nothing. She will tell you a special way to knock
and give you a key to the templar's storeroom.
7) Go to the very north-east corner of the city and enter use
Fayina's key on the easternmost door on the Templar HQ. Enter
the storeroom and advance to the west wall. You will overhear a
conversation between the head Draxan and Griphens. They will
say how they plan to deceive the Tyrian Templars. Leave the
storeroom and go to the main door of the building, to the west.
8) Use the door and knock twice, then once. Enter, go straight
north and talk to the head templar. Tell him that the Draxans
plan to kill them all. He will want proof. Tell him that the
proof is in the room to the east. He will "accidently" drop the
key. Use it on the door to the east and kill the little
monster. Enter and use the closet at the bottom of the room.
You will find a journal of the Draxan commander.
9) You can give the journal to the head templar for some
experience. Then, use the cabinet in the top of the eastern
room twice to enter it. When you appear, the Draxans will all
leave through the cabinet (you can't stop them), leaving
Kaleobuta alone. Kill her and she will leave a document saying
how she planned to ally with the Draxans. This is the proof you
needed. Open the eastern door and leave the templar HQ.
10) Return to Arslan and show him the proof. Tell him that you
are ready to go to the Veiled Alliance. Follow him to the
bathhouse in the southwest corner of the city. He will leave
you there. Open the door and walk in. You will be attacked by
3 giant skeletons. Beat them and enter the room in the north-
west corner of the building. Use the fountain to the left of
the cabinet and then use the open cabinet to enter the Veiled
Veiled Alliance Headquarters
1) When you appear, Matthias will talk to you. He will tell you
about the Veiled Alliance and about the other members.
2) Go to the room directly east of the place where you first
meet Matthias and talk to Aleka, the woman behind the desk. She
will tell you about the other Veiled alliance members including
Tasarla, and Romila. She will give you a password to tell to
Tasarla so that she will recognize you as a Veiled Alliance
3) Go to the southeast corner of the building and you will come
to a meeting Romila is holding. Tell her that you believe
action is the way to go and she will tell you to come to her
chambers after the meeting. When the meeting ends, simply
follow her to her chambers in the southwest corner of the
compound. She will then inform you that the Draxans must be
hiding in Kalak's pyramid and tell you to speak with Tasarla
about it. Leave the Veiled Alliance.
The City of Tyr Again
1) Leave the bathhouse and go to the second merchant to the
north (in a booth with a blue symbol on the top). Talk to
Tasarla and tell her that you want to buy a jaguar cage. Then
ask for help in getting into the pyramid. She will tell you
about Kovar, a fanatical templar who should be able to help. She
will also give you citizenship papers with which you can talk to
2) Talk the alley directly east and enter the first door to the
north. Kovar's guard, Dhukkar will talk to you. Tell him that
you want to see Kovar and then show him you citizenship papers.
He will tell you that Kovar is gone. Ask him for help in
getting into the pyramid and he will tell you to read Kovar's
3) Go to the room to the north and use the bookcase. Search the
shelf and you will find the stone medallion used to get into the
pyramid. Leave the house.
4) Go to the north-east corner of the city. Use the stone
medallion (it will be just called a key) into the base of the
statue to open up the way into the pyramid. Now just enter it.
The Pyramid of Kalak
1) Upon entering the pyramid, the quickest way through it is to
go through the grate to the north of the entrance. Just use the
grate, and you will get through to the other side.
2) Head north till you come to a statue. Shoot its head. Walk
west past the statue. You will be forced to fight some Draxans
3) You will notice that in the centre there is a garden. Walk
around it, so you will end up near the staircase to the garden
on its west side. There is a grate built into the west wall
beside the staircase. Use it to go to the room beyond.
4) In this room you will find a prisoner in the cage. Don't
walk towards the cage, as you will get hurt, and you can speak
to him from a distance. He is a sick preserver and he can be
helped with some grapes or berries for bonus experience.
5) Head through to the door to the north (you shall get an
option to listen on the conversation in the room beyond the
door, but you should surprise the talkers instead. Kill the men
in the room, and use the cabinet to warp yourself into the
middle of the garden. The emissary of the Dragon will attack
you, slay her quickly and the garden will go apeshit killing
most of her minions. Get the items from her body (particularily
the Life Stealer) and return to Veiled Alliance HQ the same way
you came in.
Veiled Alliance HQ again
1) The HQ is under attack by Draxans. Help Matthias, and
Romila, and save as many other alliance members as possible.
2) With Matthias head through the secret door, and proceed to
the room with the urn of Utaci (east).
3) The Lord Warrior will steal the urn and teleport away.
Destroy his minions and go to talk to Matthias in the meeting
room after the HQ has been cleared of Draxans.
4) Matthias will quest you to find the 4 relics: Hammer of
Promere, Fire Ruby Cup of Life, and Lyre of Winds. He will also
tell you that the cup is in the hands of the local alliance
5) Go to Silvan (west, just below the stairs) and talk to her
about the cup. Take it from her when offered.
6) Return to the room where you fought Lord Warrior's minions
(the room where Lord Warrior made his brief appearance) and take
the damaged tapestry off the northern wall (it is the blue
tapestry). At this point you could go to get the Fire Ruby, but
getting Promere's Hammer makes more sense.
7) Return to Tyr.
Under Tyr (optional)
1) This quest will yield a +4 sword, Bloodletter. Go to the inn
owned by Zambon, in the north east of town (west of the pyramid
entrance) and use the chest behind the owner. It will open
revealing a passage below Tyr.
2) Use the passage. Talk to the man you see downstairs, and
express your good desires, and ask him to let you into the
sorrows. He will move away, so go through the narrow passage.
3) You will see a big hole in the west end. You can't enter
this room yet, instead head north to a building with a man lying
in bed. This is the leader of the bandits, so talk to hhim, and
express your desire to help him.
4) Return to the hole, and tell the guards you've come to
investigate. Look into the hole, and 3 Umber Hulks will appear.
Defeat them, and return to the leader again.
5) This time Umber Hulks broke through and kidnapped his men.
Go to the west wall, and you should be able to find a narrow
passage in the pile of rubble along the west wall. This passage
will lead you into the adjoining area.
6) Once you enter the next area you will have to fight a lot of
random Umber Hulks, Feyrs and Revenants. There is a good deal
of random miscallenous treasure scattered about.
7) Go as far west as possible, and you should hear cries for
help. Turn north and follow the passage till you come to a man
covered in rubble. Defeat the nearby monsters, and use the
rubble to free the man. He will ask to be escorted back to the
exit. Do so for experience.
8) Now, take the passage south from the fork where the cries for
help were heard. Follow it, until you come to the big room,
which was once a temple. In the chest at the northern end, rests
the Bloodletter. Retrieving it will cause the Golem guardians
to come alive.
9) Once you get the Bloodletter, return to Tyr.
The Jungle Quests (optional)
There might be a better way of doing this, but if there isn't use
1) Upon entering the forest, walk to the hole in the bush, which
is just north west of the lake. Therein you can find a boots of
speed if you move one of the barrels away.
2) For 3000 exp you can go to the pillar in the centre of the
ruined buildings and find some serpent tracks on the ground
(must be wearing the boots!).
3) Next, you should proceed north, through the jungle into the
next area. There you will find a mercenary band. Agree to help
them, they will give you a conch to blow when you are ready for
them to attack the yuan-ti and 1000 exp. Return to the previous
4) Go to a hole in the bush in the south very south of the
area...in the west side. There you will find a druidess, Dayria
who will tell you that she is being held prisoner by the wards
of the evil yuan-ti sorcerer Soltriss. Agree to help her. She
will send you to her garden to get her some roots. The garden
is in another bush hole, barely north west of Daryia. After
defeating a small encounter you can pluck the roots from their
places. Upon return, she will quest you to bring her some
berries, which are in a hole on the west wall of the area.
Enter it, kill zombies, pick berries, return. Finally Daryia
will ask you to help her defeat the yuan-ti sorcerer. Agree to
5) Proceed towards the mine entrance, which is in the very north
west of the area. You will be contacted by a group of
halflings inviting you to their village. Their leader Snaggle
lives in the first tree, and that's where he will lead you if
you follow him. If you talk to him in his tree, he will inform
you that he is being attacked relentlessly by yuan-ti, and some
halflings are missing. He is also searching for the lost pool
of Heroism. Take the flask which lies on the floor behind him.
Agree to help. There are a couple of things you can do with
halflings from the other trees: go hunting, or pick berries,
but both actions appearuseless.
6) Go to a hole in the ground, south of the mine entrance.
Enter it, and you will have to fight a squad of yuan-ti. Defeat
them, and proceed north. Duck into the alcove in the west wall,
when you "hear great many warriors". Wait in the alcove, and you
will receive 1000 exp for dodging some fighters. Continue north,
and you will have to fight another small group of yuan-ti. Now,
head west to the big fountain. Use it to rest, or fill up your
flask (from Snaggle's tree) to have some portable rest! Return
to where you fought the second yuan-ti squad, and exit the
tunnel to the north. Now, head north and east to the office of
Jestris. Talk to him, and offer to negotiate with Tantris the
mad warrior through the means of a note. Talk to Jentris's
scribe and get him to write you a note to "Dear Tantris, don't
let Soltriss summon El, or your a wimp". Now, take this note,
and use it on a rock. Move towards the centre (but not too
close) and use the rock to throw it at Tantris.
7) Tantris will read the note, but won't act upon it, so move
up, and when you're within the temple, blow the conch to signal
8) As the mercs attack, kill Tantris, and Jestris will attempt
to sieze power. He will be unsuccesful, and El will appear
inevitably killing him, and the mercenary leader. Kill El, and
all the remaining yuan-ti. You will get mega exp bonus. Take
El's Drinker from El's dead body. Return to the hole in the
ground, and enter it. Now move towards the centre of the area,
and you will bump into Soltriss. Tell him El is dead, and kill
him, thus breaking the curse on Dariya.
9) After you kill Soltriss, attack the branches blocking the
entrance up from El's tomb. Go through the entrance (a
half-giant still won't fit) and use the big rock to open the
entrance to the missing halfling group. Talk to Halla, in the
south west corner of the room, disregarding anything Leaftop
might say. Ask Halla about rocksap, tell her to form a plan,
and suggest she warn you when Runner is coming, and to block
entrance with rocksap. She will act upon your suggestion, so
use the rock again, to close the entrance when she say she's
10) When Runner comes, attack him, and kill him. Take the map
from his body, and give to Halla when she asks for it.
11) Wait till all halflings leave before you do, to collect
maximum experience bonus. Then exit the area through the same
exit you came through.
12) If you need giant snake eggs, you will have to go south, of
the main area to where there is a bucn of coiled snakes.
Taraxis will talk to you and try to get you to drink poison.
Don't, move south towards his treasure pile, and fall into the
pit. Take eggs, walk around till Taraxis offers you up, and
accept to drink the poison. Now, kill him when topside, and
hurry to get yourself healed.
13) Return topside. Last important thing is to free the chained
up girl at the centre of the jungle by breaking the lock or
paying off Ptar the giant. Either way will do.
1) To enter the mines, you will need to buy a key from the mine
director, in the building west of Acar. The mine director will
sell it to you for 1000 golds.
2) Go to the mine entrance in the north west of the Jungle. Use
the door to open the mines.
3) You will talk to Melody, the chief of the mines, pretend to
be the team from Urik, and you will be quickly ushered in.
4) Go to the main staging area (where there is 4 tunnel
entrances) and take the middle one on the west wall. Go west
again, and from the digsite, recover a wheel lying there in the
north east corner.
5) With the wheel, return east back the way you came, and go
north. Use the wheel on the over turned ore car. Use the
orecar to place it back on the tracks.
6) Return to the main staging area, and go north, north, and
north again. Then, go to the east. In this room there is fresh
airflow. Set the fan to the west, go west. Set fan south, go
south, set the two northern fans west, go west. Go west again
(on your way you will be ambushed by Umber Hulks, kill them, and
you will remain blocked in by rubble, wait a while and dwarf
Winchester will release you, giving you a whistle to call him in
7) Set fan west, go west. Set fan north, go north, set fan
west, go west, set fan north, go north, set fan to the west to
disspate the poison gas, and talk to the guy in the south west
corner of the room. Get him to give you the "key" for the
elevator. Use it, to memorize the elevator controls. 8) Return
to the staging area, and use the console panel by the southern
most exit on the west wall. Go into the cart, and you will
appear by the elevator. Use the panel, to descend.
The Lower Levels
1) Talk to the miners about the deaths and disappearances. Take
the orecar around the place and Eventually, you should end up at
Enter the doorway in the middle of the plot, and talk to the
master switchman (actually, talk to the tube). Ask him for
directions to Luckout Tunnels. Go there, and look at the empty
dig site.. At this point, the killers will become active.
2) Walk around until you meet up with a group of gray-cloaked
miners. If you try talking to them, they will be described as
"tired looking". They also carry axes +3 instead of picks.
Attack them. After killing them, make your way to the Old Dig.
There should be several mindflayers there. Kill them, and
follow the escaping flayer through the secret doorway.
3) Upon entering the doorway, the flayers will collapse the
passage, and attack you. Kill them, then talk to the slave in
the upper-right of the area. He is a decoy, but follow his
instructions none-the less.
4) Move to the area north, and you shall appear in the kitchen.
Open up the crates in the corner of the room. In one you should
find some poison, so dump all the vials into the soup. This
will kill off the flayers in the main dining room.
5) Move to the south west of this area, and kill the master
cook, and his slaves. This should yield an important key piece.
6) Move to the junction north, and follow the slave's
instructions: move west, and then south between the pillars.
Even though you just walked into a trap, its easier that way.
You have been trapped in the game master's arena. He will send
some wimpy monsters against you, so use this opportunity to grab
the grappling hook, and use it on the balcony on which the game
master is standing.. Kill him to get another key piece.
7) Return to the main junction, and this time head east. You
will appear in the lab. Search the bookcase in the room
immediately south east of your entrance to get some chemicals,
in particular compund E4.
8) Move now to the very south east of the lab, to a room with a
lot of vials and laboratory apparatus. You will hear the flayer
scientist discussing his experiments. While his assistant is
out of the storage area, use the vial of E4 on one of the test
tube racks in the storage area (it will only go into the right
9) The mindflayers will pick it up, and blow themselves up,
making your fight a lot easier. Pick up a key from the dead
flayer, and use it to open a safe in a room slightly north of
the main lab area. In the safe you will find the third key
piece and a potion.
10) Return to the main 3-way junction. Head north, defeat the
guards, and insert the 3 keys into the door in the north wall.
Go through the door, beat the fight, and destroy the Elder
Brain. Now, search the body of the dead flayer leader, and use
his key to open the locked door to the east. Open the chest, and
get the key for the locked door to the north east. Go through
the door, and take the exit east. You will appear in Promere's
11) As you enter, your way will be blocked again. Defeat the
Earth Drake's and walk up to the throne, and use it. This will
activate the two guardian golems. Defeat them, and take the
hammer. If you have El's Drinker, cast it into the lava pool.
Also, you may open the chest for the best armor in the game, and
a fan necessary for Lyre of the Winds.
12) To get back out, wield the hammer with your lead character,
and attack the rubble blocking your way. Upon your return you
will be mind-scanned (a harmless procedure). Return to Melody,
and get your reward.
13) Go to the south gate of Tyr, and talk to the caravan master.
Then go to the gate again.
The Jann are necessary to repair the damaged tapestry.
1) Go to the south of Tyr, and talk to the caravan master at the
exit, in the eastern building. Ask him about leaving caravans,
and exit Tyr to the south. Before you leave, make sure you have
some dye, if not you can buy it from the Elf in the Shadow
2) Make your way towards the Jaann camp in the middle of the
oasis. Talk to the girl you freed, Magnolia, for she is in the
eastern tent. Then go back up, and talk to the Sultan (he is in
the tent with the guards in front of it) and pick your reward.
Return to Magnolia.
3) Magnolia will request your help in trapping a deceiful member
of the Jaann. Agree to help, then find the templar camping in
the desert south of the camp. Threaten to kill him, and he will
leave. Take his coat, and use it to get a thread. Take the
thread, but now wear the coat with your lead character. Wait a
while, and the traitor will come. He will hand you a note.
4) Return to Magnolia and tell her you got the note. Now go to
the Sultan and tell him about it. You will get experience and
treasure trove access.
5) Now you should be able to visit the weaver in the north-east
hut with the purpose of fixing the damaged tapestry from the
Veiled Alliance HQ. Ask her to fix it, and she will, demanding
the thread from the templar's robe and the dye as ingredients.
Veiled Alliance HQ again