LEVEL 1 -- HOLLYWOOD HOLOCAUST
1. The RPG by the innocent sign. (Jump from slanted ledge)
2. The apartment across the street from the cinema (seen in the
3. This apartment. The steroids behind the movie poster.
4. Main lobby. Use the register, wall opens above on the
right. Go right under it, use the wall, you go up. Armor in there.
*. Main lobby. By the arcade door, there is a trash can.
Jump onto it, secret passage right on the corner. Jump into it.
5. Bathroom. Go through the vent, room with mutating
innocent woman (or from the projector room, secret wall close to the
*. Vent. You can blow up the inside corner for a
holoduke. Would this happen automatically with the earthquakes?
6. Projector room. Jump onto the projector, get another
RPG from the room that opens.
7. Screening room. Blow up the movie screen, go right behind it.
*. Arcade. Play Duke Nukem II, wall opens, get the Holoduke.
8. Final bridge. Jump on the ledge that goes around to
the front of the movie theater. Jump on the tree, and back towards the
building through the window (or use the jetpack). A red apartment with
weapons, ammo, a dancing woman on the TV and a dry martini :-)
*. Final bridge. Go WAY up, kill the two turrets, there
is an alcove with another jetpack.
*. By the way, isn't it cool that you CAN blow up part of the
LEVEL 2 -- RED LIGHT DISTRICT
1. Magazine shop. The corner across the video screen has a
secret wall. Jump onto the shelves and use it. A holoduke is inside.
2. Magazine shop. Jump onto the shelves close to the wall, one
shelf rotates. Weapons in there.
*. Magazine shop. There is a dark area close to the elevator.
Facing the elevator, really close to it, go right, on lower level.
3. Magazine shop bathroom, use "blow dryer", an alcove
opens, Night Vision Goggles in there.
*. Peep show cabin area. You can blow up the wall towards the
bathroom. Nothing good happens. (By the way, there are 3 or 4 cabins.
Open all of them...)
*. Outside. The "bar building", close to the start. Jump onto
slanted ledge, from there on ledge. There is some health around here.
4. Sewers. There is a manhole on the demolished building.
You can blow it up with a RPG or Pipe Bomb and go in. I don't
recommend it though. Instead, go into the bar, to the bathroom. Behind
the toilet there is a secret passage. Do you have to shoot the toilet to
do this? Inside, an octabrain, burnable tires (?), innocent woman,
*. Bar. The cupboard against the wall. Open it and crouch in.
5. Dance area. There is a couch on one corner (to the left when
you enter, closer to the garage door). Step on it and the wall
opens on the other side of the room, behind dancing women. Run quickly
to get weapons.
6. Dance area. There is a vent you seem to HAVE to use in order
to keep going.
7. Dance area. After you open the curtains and jump onto the
platform where some pigs were, look left and you will see Night Vision
goggles by the switch that opened the curtains. Run and jump there.
8. Final "attic". There is a wall illuminated by the moon or
something. Open it. Good stuff in.
*. By the way, there is a vent in the bar between the bathroom
and the main entrance. And every trash can, vase, etc can be destroyed,
sometimes with stuff inside.
LEVEL 3 -- DEATH ROW
*. Execution room. This is the room where you first saw the pig
you kicked to death. I imagine everyone got the pistol in the cupboard
(ok, ok, maybe you got the pistol FIRST, then you killed the pig).
1. Electric chair. Lower it, go behind it, shotgun.
*. Watcher room. In the room where people watch your execution,
there is a different colored wall. Open it. Holoduke inside.
2. Chapel. "Pray" and you will see hell break loose (that
is, use the button with a face-like expression). You might have to
break the glass panels if you haven't done so during the fighting.
Inside, an octabrain and a Doomed Space Marine plus Chaingun.
3. Chapel. Go to the wall across the room from the altar,
shoot the button you see above the altar. If you are standing in the
right place, you should go up to an alcove with some good stuff. See
the Heretic monk hanging from the ceiling? Shoot him for health.
4. First cell. There is a toilet, an innocent woman. One
hole in the wall leads to a small dead-end niche. Also, use the bed and
it rotates, revealing another niche with ammo. This last one is the
*. Rotating gears. You can jump from them onto the ledge
for health. Walk around on the ledge and press the wall for a secret
alcove with night vision goggles. Be careful
*. Central control room ("Too late, Duke!"). Press the
buttons to rotate it. On one side, there is a vent. Break it, go into it
for armor. If you keep going you fall back to the corridors close to
the gears. It hurts.
5,6. Central control room. After rotating, open the door,
wait for the stupid alien to trip the lasers. Go onto small bridge,
open cover to see the map. Now look left and right, there are two
alcoves with good stuff. Jump into them.
*. At the end of 2 halls there are explosive bottles (oxygen...
I never got close enough to check, I just blew them up). The explosions
open niches into the walls. One of them contains health and leads you
back to the cell with the bed.
7. Turret open area. Jump onto slanted edge close to
center, from there on platform with turrets. You will see another
slanted edge connecting the two platforms. Yes, connecting, because
there is a secret area between them with lots of health.
8. Turret open area. Tunnel leading from gun turret ledge to
end of cell block 1 (you have to blast it open and jump to it from the
ledge). -- "Jon"
*. Cell block 2, third cell. Go behind the babe. At dead ends,
blow up walls and keep going.
9. Lagoon area. Next to the double doors leading to the gun
turret area, there is a secret compartment. -- "Jon" &"shassel"
10. Submarine. Reactor room in the back. -- "Jon" &"shassel"
LEVEL 4 -- TOXIC DUMP
1. Sub area. Right after you leave the sub, you see an underwater
cave with some octabrains. Go into it until the end, blow up the small
hole you see there, keep going, kill more octabrains, emerge. There is a
cocooned woman and some barrels.
2. Sub area. Go right onto the top of the sub, up where the fire
is burning. That will open an alcove inside the sub with some healthy
stuff. To get them, go back inside the sub through the hatch and then up
all the way.
3. Sub area. When you get the blue key up in the platform, two
turrets shoot at you, one from each side. Kill them, then jump into the
alcoves they were at. Try all walls and you should find a secret passage.
The official secret is on the right side (if you are facing the sub) and
has some ammo, while there are TWO secret doors at the left (there you
see the message "How did you get here?" or something like it and a
4. First hall. Right after you open the blue door, there is a
secret door to the right just after the corner. It connects this hall
to the room from where some aliens were shooting through a small window
as soon as you came to the surface.
*. Hard Hat Area. Let yourself be picked up by the huge hooks.
After you land on the second conveyor belt, the first room to the right
has an alcove with the red key you need to continue.
5. Hard Hat Area. Ride the conveyor belt again. There is a slime
pool to your right and a secret door in the back of this room.
6. Hard Hat Area. The room after the slime pool has 2 tubes and
a switch on the wall. Press the switch to open the tubes. The right one
has health and the other one seems empty... not! The left one has an
extra hidden alcove up there with more health (jump to get them!)
*. "Midgetizer" area. After you put the red key in place, the
"midgetizer" will get you. Run towards the hole on the wall, the right
one, and keep going right. If you don't run, you will get back to normal
size insinde the little tunnel and SQUISH! After you get out, don't let
the tigers step on you, grow up and step on them. The switch on the wall
opens the door that will keep you going.
*. Flooded area. After you go underwater and kill all the
octabrains, find the switch that raises the water level (it's in one of
the 2 rooms that were flooded). Then you can surface and keep going.
*. Flooded area. By the way, you can blow up one of the walls
underwater, and there is some stuff inside and an octabrain. This
usually happens naturally when you fight the octabrains, but sometimes
7. Flooded area. After you surface, you will see a slanted
platform with 2 "fingers" of land. You can run either of them and jump
to land on other platforms. The right one leads to a dark cave with a
secret area (there is a short wall in the cave you have to jump onto).
8,9,10. Tunnel. After you used the left "finger" to jump onto
the main platform, look around carefully. There is an obvious crack on
one wall. You can blow it up, go to the end and find another crack.
Explode it. Another crack. Explode it. Voila! You are back to the sub
11. Big door control room. This room with 2 switches has a
secret wall right to the left of the switch that raises/lowers the water
level. Inside, there is scuba gear. Also, you need to press the other
switch to open the underwater door you can see on the monitor. When you
go back underwater, watch out for all those monsters
12. Water river. After destroying octabrains, pressing the switch
to open the double door and passing the rotating gears (go with the
missing dent), there is an initial water lake pouring water into a
tunnel. On the right side of this tunnel, there is an obvious crack.
Blow it up with the RPG, and use the teleporter for a secret area.
Inside, there are 2 tigers and some rockets.
*. Moving platforms. Whatever water tunnel you choose to keep
going, you will end up on a water lake with two slanted water platforms.
You have to go to one of the rooms around this area (pretty much the
only one you can get to right now), kill all tigers and use the switch
on the wall in order to open another room on the opposite side of the
lake. Now, if you go to this other room and press the switch, you will
see the kissing platforms behind you. You have to stand on of these
platforms, shoot the switch and run to the other platform when they
13. Slime river. Right at the beginning of this river, you see a
fan on the wall. Break it, jump onto the ledge on the right side and from
there into the "vent". You will find health there.
14. Slime river. After killing all brains, there is a crack on
the left wall a little before the end of the river. Blow it up, go in,
kill the tigers and press the end-level switch in there to go to the
secret level. If you press the switch at the end of the river instead,
you go straight to the Abyss level.
(SECRET) LEVEL 6 -- THE LAUNCH FACILITY
(By the way, everytime I play this level I seem to miss one
enemy... Any ideas which one I might be missing?)
*. Slime river. The switch on the wall at the end of the first
slime river opens the first force field you find. (Fffffhew!)
1. Slime pool. In the first room with a spiraling platform, you
have to press the switch inside the central alcove in order to turn off
another force field. After you do that, go back to the slime pool and
submerge. You will be able to go into a tunnel (there was a grate here
before). If you follow it all the way and surface again, you will find
shotgun ammo and health,
*. Green brick room. This room also has a spiraling platform. If
you keep an eye at the ceiling as you go up, you will see a fan. You
can't go there right now, but keep it in mind.
2. Hangar. After you used the blue key, you have access to this
huge room full of pigs. If you go through the double door, you reach a
small room. One of the panels on the wall is a secret wall. Armor inside.
Also, you can press the switch by the window that opens the huge double
*. Rocket area. Don't worry about the door close to the rocket
yet. You can kill the pigs through the small window close to the floor
if you want to. But you really have to get the elevator on the left side
of the rocket to keep going. Go up, get the jetpack, go through the
teleporter, and you are inside the ship. Use the red card and we are
ready for launch! Now go back down, into the subsoil room (through the
small window close to the floor) and launch the rocket! Now you can go
through the right door.
3. Green brick room. Remember the fan? Now that you have the
jetpack, you can go all the way back there, break the fan and go into
the vent for health.
4. Underground halls. Before you open a door that will lead to
another slime river, look around and you will see a wall full of
"computer displays" (maybe you destroyed it during the fight). Well, it
is a secret wall, with lots of health in there.
LEVEL 5 -- THE ABYSS (missing 1 secret)
(Ok, this one is a walkthrough.)
*. Boot room. If you are low on boots, try the right platform
instead of falling down the slimefall. A tiger in a room guards a pair
*. Hidden niche. Next, go down the platform to the left. If you
follow the slime path to the left (not through the falls), you will find
*. The Five-furcation. Now you have to go down the second slime
fall. There are several paths to explore (5, from left to right). Number 5
leads to some tigers and goggles. Number 4 is the slime river, I don't
recommend it yet (though there is a holoduke and a medikit down this
river). Number 3 is almost nothing, just some shotgun ammo and some
health. Number 2 is down a cliff and leads to good stuff (watch out for
the brain at the very end, guarding a chaingun). Number 1, the leftmost,
leads to the blue key you will need to continue. Watch out for the
cactus, you can blow it up if you want.
*. Blue door area. Use the blue key. Right after the door, there
is a dark area to your left with some goodies. If you use the goggles,
you will see "Go with the flow" written on the wall.
*. Broken Bridge. You will have to jump towards a cave that
bifurcates. The left path leads to the broken bridge. Run and jump when
crossing it. Get the goodies on the other side, and don't worry too much
about the room with the fire you can see through cracks on the wall -- we
will get there later.
*. San Andreas Plate. Come back and take the right path now. Watch
out for the cactus (again, blow it up if you want) and jump there. Walk
towards the plaque: "San Andreas Fault"... Step really close to it... Holy
*. Slime river edges. If you look to your left now, there are
some health atoms you can reach by jumping onto slanted platforms. Make
your way down to the end of path number 5 (or, if you don't need health,
just go back and down path number 5). If you didn't follow number 4 as I
recommended, now it is the time to get that holoduke and the medikit by
the slime river (left side).
*. Chanting caves. Go all the way down, kill the pigs and brains
(and cactus?). There is a cave leading up, lit by occasional fires on the
walls. That's the way. Once you get to a room with a window, there are two
paths. One is to the left, leading up (path A). Another way leads down to a
room with a spring. If you go down this path, there is a room on your right
with hand marks on the walls that you can press to get some health. Also,
you can jump into the spring and get a chaingun and lick the water... Don't
go onto the lava yet.
1. Ceremonial fire room. So now you are going up path A until you
reach the fire room. The fire in the middle is actually a teleporter,
Jump into it and quickly out because the fire hurts. You are in that
room you saw at the beginning. When you jump close to the sun mark on
the wall, another octabrain appears
2. Ceremonial fire room. There is an alcove in this room that
counts as another secret. To get there, jump from the indentation on the
*. Ceremonial fire room. Now you go back through the fire. There
are two hands on that room, press both of them. One leads to a RPG and
another one opens a door. After you open the door, jump onto it and from
there you can reach another alcove woth goggles. Then go through the
*. Midgetizer room. Now you are in a big room with octabrains
and hand marks on the wall. The first hand mark raises the stairs. Go
upstairs and look left through the window... Holy shit! If you press the
second hand, a lift will lead you to the third one. You have to be quick
in order to press the second hand and run/jump onto this lift. Now see
the green light through the window? It's a midgetizer. Press the hand
and wait for the midgetizer to hit you. Jump down and pass through the
small hole in the wall. You are back to the lava area. (Of course, if
you have a jetpack you don't need all of these; just make sure you stand
on the window and look out for the earthquake part)
3. THE FIRE WOMAN. Now it's time for lava-swimming. If you go
right towards the slime-fall, you will see some platforms you can climb
on your right. Do it. At the end of this hall, you will see a lava river
with a hand on the other side. Press the hand to open a tunnel. Go into
the tunnel, running/jumping up the river, and you will get to the
infamous "woman dancing by the fire". Holy shit again! Also, lots of
4. Connecting tunnel. Again, in the hall, across from the hand
you just pressed, you will see cracks on the wall. Blow them up in order
to open a tunnel that can take you back to the beginning of the level,
with lots of ammo inside.
*. Levelord room. Go back to the lava, and now go right (towards
the side where the midgetizer is). If you have lots of jetpack, you can
actually fly inside the midgetizer cave in order to read "You are not
supposed to be here -- Levelord", but that doesn't get you anything.
*. Ship area. Now, there is another cave leading up on this side.
And what is this new scary noise? Go the only possible way, all the way
up, take a glimpse at that green thing through the windows, is it a ship?
Now you go down all the way till you reach a place where you have to jump
form narrow ledge to narrow ledge or fall to death (anyone else remembers
one of those Speed Racer episodes?). If you do go down really close to
the first wall to your right, you will see the message "Dopefish lives"
on the wall.
5. Ship door room. Ok, another cave leading up, and then down. At
the end, you see a big door. The ship? Before entering it, check all the
walls in this area. The one on the right corner, behind you (if you are
facing the ship), will lead to a secret passage that ends in a room with
health. You can also jetpack from there to the top of the ship, if you want
to take a stroll.
*. Alien ship. Open doors, press "Total Recall" switches, jump
into the hole. If you keep going forward when falling down, you might
reach an alcove with lots of chaingun ammo and another alcove with RPG
ammo right across the first one. Also, after you fall all the way down,
the room has chaingun ammo and RPG ammo in alcoves in 2 corners of the
room. Make sure you check everything.
*. Big boss. See the snake door? Open it with the switch.Now you
can do a couple of different things:
A) Go in, the door closes behind you. Run like crazy and fire at
the big boar whenever you can. Never stop moving. Keep shooting. Yes, he
is tough! If you do like I did the first time, you will finally kill him
with your shotgun, after you run out of almost everything else... (Yes,
I killed him without having to reload the game!).
B) Go in and quickly back out before the door closes. Open the
door again, and now it will stay open! Now attract the big boar to the
door. He can't pass through it, so you can just shoot at him, hide, wait
for the chaingun noise, shoot at him, hide, etc. That should be easy.
*. Watch the final sequence.
| Duke Nukem 3D Secret Places List v1.1 |
Edited by Wilson Cheung (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I. Some routine mumbo-jumbo
After hours of exploration, I've finally completed this list of secret
places for Episode 2 and 3. If I have the time, I may include the
unofficial secrets in future versions.
This latest version also fixes a few location errors.
If you find any inaccuracy in my list, please feel free to inform me.
Please distribute this list to whoever you want
Thanks and enjoy
II. List of secrets for Episode 2
+ The number in parenthesis beside the name of the level denotes the
total secrets in that specific map.
E2L1 - Spaceport (6)
1. Check the column of broken screens in the room with lots of monitors
showing the Earth and Moon.
2. Walk to the monitor in the dead end near starting point, a niche
will open to your back.
3. Jump into the vent in the room with a blue key.
4. Solve puzzle with 4 switches by turning the third switch from left.
Enter door and go down through the elevator.
5. In the central column area on second floor, fly and pick up the atomic
health near the ceiling, you'll hear a door opened. Now quickly
jump down through the column, go back to the first floor, and look for
an opened door at a corner.
6. Fly up from central column.
E2L2 - Incubator (5)
1-2. In the opposite direction of the yellow switch, open up the little
niche, get into it and search the inside wall again.
3. Jump into the Earth Defense emblem.
4. Search for a door left of the rising console in the lower dark area.
5. Open a panel in the upper dark area.
E2L3 - Warp Factor (2)
1. After the entering the yellow door, find a niche with steroid in it,
look up and shoot the switch. Quickly run to the other side of the
room and enter the now lowered column. Welcome to the Bridge of
Starship Enterprise! :)
2. Operate "Picard's console" for yet another little surprise.
E2L4 - Fusion Station (7)
1. In the squishing lightning columns area, search the wall facing the
columns on the other side of the entrance.
2. Turn left from the secret area described above and fly up for another
3. Get down one of the lightning columns and search the wall facing the
4. In the rotating water driven motor area, walk in front of the monitor.
You'll then hear a door open, quickly rush across the water to the
other side of the room, a secret room is opened.
5. On the third level in the central complex, enter the left room upon
entrance. Search the column at a corner.
6. On the third level in the central complex, enter the double door and
fly up to the ledge, there is a crack in the cave to your right.
7. On the same ledge, go to the secret place to your left.
E2L5 - Occupied Territory (4)
1. After opening the huge gate near the emblem, crouch and walk into the
gate's right end.
2. After you walk deep into the moonlight corridor, a door will open
near the entrance.
3. In same moonlight corridor, there are two vents facing the holoduke
4. In the red door room, go straight ahead and check the lower right
E2L6 - Tiberius Station (8)
1. Get into the armory, there is another small door directly ahead of you.
2. Bomb a crack after you enter the door with a Tiberius Station sign.
3. Enter an invisible wall opposite the drinking fountain in the dark
corridor with 2 elevators.
4. Search the wall beside the door with a Danger: Radioactive Material
5. In the toxin pool, float on top of the toxin and swim to your left,
search the wall for a room.
6. Do the above to the right wall.
7. Bomb another crack after the elevator near the toxin pool.
8. After killing the mini boss in the red key room, turn left and get
into the vent. Quickly move toward the other end of vent and fly into
the now opened door.
E2L7 - Lunar Reactor (7)
1. After dropping through the vent in Crew Quarters, hit the switch
and quickly run to the right niche. Now search for a secret room in
a corner in the toxin pool.
2. In the open area where a turret is shooting at you, turn to your left
and search the panel.
3. In the same open area, there is a cave straight below the turret.
Jump into it and May The Force Be With You.
4. Shoot the hanging vent and jump on top of it, there is a cave to your
5. Follow the yellow turbine to where the red card is, search the panel
to the right of the card.
6. Jump into the room to the left of the reactor.
7. Jump into the room to the right in the same area.
E2L8 - Darkside (7)
1. Check the map in the central room overseeing the Alpha and Beta signs.
2. Bomb a crack in the Alpha train waiting area.
3. After passing the collapsing cave in Alpha, go through the door and
enter the area to your right. Check the wall to the right of the
tubes. You can do the above to the left area also.
4. In the train waiting area after the blue key elevator in Gamma
Transport, check the map for a niche.
5. In Gamma, enter the vent after the elevator. Follow the tunnel and
enter the room to your left. Bomb a crack high up.
6. In the Beta train waiting area, fly up through a vent.
7. After jumping out of the monolith, turn to your left and bomb the
crack. The passage will lead you to the secret area "Lunatic Fringe".
E2L9 - Overlord (4)