PLEASE NOTE: This document contains game play information only.
if you are having a technical problem with Football '95, please
download the file FB95FAQ.TXT.
Technical Support has limited information on Football '95 strategy and
game play hints. This document contains answers to some frequently-
asked questions. For additional game play information, Sierra
recommends the Football '95 manual and on-line forums that address
sports simulations. CompuServe and America On-Line have active
forums where you can obtain valuable information from your fellow
In addition, there is a good tutorial on page 19 of the manual. However,
there are three plays that the tutorial asks you to load that are not
included with version 1.0 of FBPRO. Instead of trying to load the
HBLEADER substitute it with F3WRLR. You can use the 34ZONMED
when it asks you to select 3-4BNCKL. The ISHORT will work in place
of the SLICE2RT pass play. If you have installed the patch, then the
tutorial plays will appear as shown in the manual.
Question: How do I create a league using the NFL Roster?
Answer: From the main menu, take these steps:
1. Click on League Play.
2. Click on League Data.
3. Click on New League.
4. Choose Career or Single Season.
5. Choose the desired League Size.
6. Click the Select Team button.
7. If a league appears other than the NFLPA roster in the
windows on the grey box, choose the load league button.
8. Find the NFLPA roster you want to use and double click on it.
9. Find the team you want and double click on it, which should
highlight it in red.
10. Click the Select Team button.
11. Locate the team in this window and double click on it. Note:
You need to repeat step 9 through 11 for each team in your league.
12. Once you have selected every team click on Return.
13. If you select the 'Draft all players' option, all players will
be released from their current teams to a draft pool for you
to select from.
14. Now, click on the Ground Rules section and set up your
leagues rules. Note: These rules cannot be changed once you have
saved your league.
15. You now want to go to the manage teams screen and make
16. You have created your league! Give your league a name and save it.
Question: How can I choose the team I want to play as?
Answer: From the main menu, take the following steps:
1. Click on League play.
2. Click on Teams and Standings.
3. Double click on the name of the team you want to control.
4. Go to the Team Data button.
5. Click on the window next to ownership. Enter your password
and confirm it.
6. You are now the owner and manager of that team.
Question: I do not like the new camera angles. How can I change them?
Answer: From the play field screen, take these steps:
1. Press F10 on the playing field.
2. You will have the option to setup any camera angle you like.
3. Click on the camera controls buttons at the top of the screen
to get the desired camera position.
4. Once you have positioned the camera press the red square
next to the MODE window.
5. You can now press on any one of the buttons marked 1-0 and
it will program that number of the keyboard to switch to this
angle. Page 77 in your manual explains this in detail.
Question: I want to backup my league files but I don't know which
ones to back up.
Answer: There are seven files created for each league you make. The
prefix of the file names will be the name that you gave the league with
the following file extensions:
Just copy these files to another location.
Question: I can snap the ball but after I do this the computer takes
control of the game. What can I do?
Answer: The computer only takes over if you are in the Basic action
mode. You should set the game to either Advanced or Standard mode.
You can make the change by pressing F1 while on the playing field.
Question: How come when I go to call a play it only says 'Run Right',
'Pass Middle', etc? Why can't I see where my receivers are going?
Answer: You are in the Basic play calling mode. You need to select
Standard play calling mode to see the plays. You can make the change
by pressing F1 while on the playing field.
Question: I want to know how many first downs I have so far, but I am
only 1 minute into the second quarter of the game. Can I see these or do
I have to wait until halftime?
Answer: You can view your stats at anytime during the game by
pressing the F2 button while on the playing field.
Question: Another team has offered me three different people for one
of my players, I want all three but I am only allowed to select one of
Answer: You can only make one for one trades in Football '95. You
will want to select wisely when this occurs.
Question: I have created my own play. What do I do now?
Answer: You can implement your play into a game plan by going into
the play editor and:
1. Select plan/profile.
2. Load game plan.
3. Edit game plan.
4. Load your play into the view window.
5. Select the spot where you want your play to be located.
6. Right click on this spot to clear the space.
7. Left click on this empty space to insert your play.
8. When saving this game plan, be sure to rename it so you do
not erase the original game plan.
Question: How can I import my stock plays from FBPro to FBPro95?
Answer: You can't import the stock plays to FBPro95 as they are. You
need to enter the play editor in FBpro and load the stock play that you
want to transfer to FBPro95. Once you have it loaded, click on the save
button and retitle the play. You now have this play saved as a custom
play and it can be imported into FBPro95.
Question: I am in the roster screen and cannot change the depth slot of
my player. How can I do this?
Answer: You need to turn to the position rosters instead of the full
offense or defense roster. Once you have turned to the specified position
roster then you can move the players depth.
Whenever you make changes to a play, plan or profile, make sure that
you rename the file after you have made the changes. If you save the
changes and do not retitle it, then you have lost the original format of the
item you changed. The only way to restore this is to reinstall the game.