1) Brilliant trading route which is totaly safe!
1: Go to sol (system)
2: Sell all equipment except for autopilot nav computer and
3: Buy enough fuel for a trip to Bernards star (near Sol)
4: Fill up remaining cargo space with luxury goods
5: Hyperspace to Bernards star
6: Go to a station (use miller depot)
7: Sell all luxury goods
8: Buy enough fuel for a trip back to Sol.
9: Fill up remaining space on Robots or Computers
10: Hyperspace to Sol
11: sell Robots or Computers for huge profit (look on bulletin board
for special buyers)
12: repeat until very rich
2) Undocumented Features:
- If you want to know what version of the game you're playing, press
SHIFT-v a few times during the intro, while the Thargoid ship is
shooting down the Turner and the Viper MKII.
- Before you start the game, if you press '5', it will take you straight
to the loading commander screen, so you don't have to start every time
by first loading the initial commander, and then your present one.
- Pressing '4' should give you your last saved commander, but doesn't
- Pressing '1' starts you off in Ross 154, with 100 credits, and an Eagle
MKII. Just like the recommended starting point in Frontier.
- Pressing keys 1-4 will usually select the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th option
of an option list if you're in a space-station (or when you communicate
in space.) This can greatly save you in mouse-clicks. Also, the arrow
keys will scroll you through the bulletin board.
- Prt-Screen will dump a .bmp file of your screen to disk.
- You don't need to activate the Transmission jammer, no matter what the
mission description says.
- In the galactic map, you can use SHIFT together with the cursor keys to
speed up scrolling. Very useful in certain cases...
- Pg-Up/Pg-Dn allow you to scroll through the message area. (And the
- If you want to change your name from commander Jameson to something
else, go to the save page, and click on the place where it says
Jameson. You can now change it. It's very satisfying to do this just
after your (old) name has appeared in the paper, as the entire history
of the universe will have changed!
- If you don't like the standard bitmaps provided as background-screens,
you can edit cabin0.bmp-cabin6.bmp. Changes will not take place
immediately, you need to buy a ship with a different cabin so that your
new bitmaps are loaded.