The ULTIMATE GTA Players Guide
Now with a NEW look and more London 1969 Flavors...
Copyright (c) 1999 HELLix (Mihai Molcuti) & Beaver (Cristi Nita)
1. Copyright Info
2. Things that you should know...
3. Game Play
a) When you start the game...
b) The Cars
c) The Docks
d) The Goodies Boxes
e) Kill Frenzy
f) Police Buisness
h) Respray and Bomb Shops
4. Tips & Trick
d) Biggest Kill Frenzy
e) Bonus List
f) Cheat Codes
6. Hot Sites and Utilities
7. Special Thanks
8. Final Words
1. COPYRIGHT INFO
Grand Theft Auto (c) 1997 ASC Games
Grand Theft Auto: London 1969 (c) 1999 Rockstar Games
ULTIMATE Grand Theft Auto Players Guide (c) 1999 Mihai Molcuti & Cristi Nit
2. THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW...
You must know this little things with the F6 to F11 keys:
F6 - Pauses the Game. It also tells you the target of the chapter an how many
missions have you passed.
F7 - Repeats the last Pager message.
F8 - Turns Frame Rate Limiter On or Off.
F9 - Tells you where you are. (ex. Northwest Glenn Wood).
F10 - Displays your last cellular phone message or your last conversation.
F11 - Shows Resolutin Selector
3. GAME PLAY
a) WHEN YOU START THE GAME. When you start the game you are in Liberty City
(New York). You work for a gangster corporation. You have a pager and a
cellular phone. Your job is to do the dirty things for the corporation.
An arrow will show you in what direction is your goal.
b) THE CARS
Super Well Hi Speed F1's:
- Penetrator (is a speedy car and it looks like a Porsche 911 Carrera)
- Beast GTS (this car is a Dodge Viper GTS, you can figure it up)
- Italy GTO (a car with a sporty look and a big engine (Ferrari F355))
- Italy GTB (like its brother it's a Ferrari F322)
- Italy (very resistant and really good speed)
- F19 (it's actually the Ferrari F50 so it speaks for it's self)
- Flamer (it's a Piece of Shit looking with WILD speed car, cool no?)
- Portsmouth (a very fast Chevrolet car)
- Polka (cool car whit excellent speed, try it)
- Cossie (it's a "smooth" car good speed etc...)
- Squad Car (well the police has to have super speedy cars don't they...)
- Roadster (very good looking, it kind of looks like a Mercedes S)
- Juggernaut (if you "gas" it, it will gain speed after 5-6 sec. IMPRESIVE)
- Feroricus GTO (LONDON 1969) (It's a Ferrari Testarosa, Figure It Out)
- Jugular E (LONDON 1969) (It's a Jaguar E-Type, Very Speedy)
Good Direction Hi Quality:
- Limo (it looks like a Cadillac and it's speed is pretty good)
- Firetruck (a big car like that has got to pass though small "paths")
- Ambulance (well the ambulance must be quick and maneuverable no?)
- Regal (it's a normal family NON speed car)
Every Day Life Good Cars:
- Speeder (it's a decap, good direction, good speed, it's a teenager
- Mamba (like a Speeder with a little less speed)
- 4x4 (well it's 4x4 but don't aspect any speed or luxury from it)
- Classic (good car but not to speedy dacap and all that stuff...)
- Impaler (it comes in 2 versions, normal and decap, both good and real)
Really Cheap Bad 'n' Old:
- TV Van (its SUPER slow looks bad, bad direction etc...)
- Repair Van (it's even worse than the TV Van)
- Love Van (it
s bad but has a very "Sexy" look (it is a Love Van after all))
- Coach (it's a big car and it's made for transporting lots of people)
- Tanker (runs like SHIT, speed like WOW, looks like SHIT, it is almost SHIT
- Double Decker (LONDON 1969) (It sucks in very way, Don't use it)
- Bug (it sure "BUG's" me; no speed, no big engine, no impressive outlook)
- Tank (big car, what a damage, sucking speed) - can be repaired but not rig
- Monster Bug (a BIG Bug with cool speed) - can be repaired and rigged
- The Helicopter (it doesn
t fly) - can be repaired and rigged. Must have Nice GTA
- Boat (drives on water and ground & cool speed) - can be repaired and rigge
- Train (a little better than the tanker) - can be rigged and repaired
- ICBM (LONDON 1969) (A NASA Rocket Transporter) - can be rigged and repair
c) THE DOCKS
DESCRPTION. In every city there are four Docks. There you can sell cars to
get extra points. You actually don't sell them, you put them under a yellow
crane and after he tells you that he is picking it up, get out of the car.
After its condition (Excellent, Good, Not Bad, Beat Up or Piece of Shit) he
gives you from $100 to $12000. The crane can
t lift Limos, Tankers, Juggernauts
and other big cars. He also won
t lift Squad Cars, Ambulances or Firetrucks and
will not buy stolen parked cars or rigged cars.
Grand Theft Auto
Car Name Liberty City San Andreas Vice City
4x4 $4,000 $4,000 $4,000
Beast GTS $12,000 $12,000
Bike $2,000 $4,000
Bulldog $8,000 $8,000 $8,000
Bug $2,000 $1.000 $2,000
Classic $8,000 $8,000
Cossie $12,000 $12,000
Italia GTO $8,000
Italia GTB $8,000
Jugular $8,000 $8,000
La Boheam $4,000
Mundano $6,000 $6,000 $6,000
Penetrator $8,000 $12,000 $12,000
Pickup $4,000 $6,000 $4,000
Porka Turbo $8,000 $10,000
Portsmouth $4,000 $4,000 $6,000
Regal $4,000 $4,000
Repair Van $6,000 $6.000
Stinger $8,000 $10,000 $8,000
Stinger Z29 $8,000 $8,000
Superbike $12,000 $10,000
Taxi $2,000 $2,000 $2,000
Thunderhead $8,000 $8,000
Transit Van $6,000 $6,000
TV Van $8,000 $8,000 $8,000
29 Special $4,000
Grand Theft Auto: London 1969
Ambulance won't take
Beagle 3 300
Camper Too Big
Copper won't take
Double Decker too big
Ferocious GTO 1200
Garden Shed 100
James Bomb 1200
Jugular E 900
Jug Mk II 1000
Jug Swinger 600
London Cab 200
Mod Scooter 100
Reno 17TL 400
Royal Stretch too big
Sweets Van 400
Tanker too big
Tour Bus too big
Huh... That was a lot of them. Well it's worth it... Yeah right...
d) THE GOODIES BOXES
The Goodies Boxes are boxes whit surprises. Here is what they can give you:
Weapons & Ammo - A Gun, A Machine Gun, A Rocket Launcher & A Flame-thrower
Armor - Three anti-bullet vests. You can hold up to 3 bullets.
A Key - When you get busted by the police you won't lose your
weapons, ammo or get twice less point values.
Police Bribe - It gets the cops of your back.
Multiplier - It will add 1 to your point values.
Car Speed Up - It will make the car that you are in go faster.
Extra Life - Do I need to explain?
Kill Frenzy - See Kill Frenzy below.
e) KILL FRENZY
The Kill Frenzy is a mission that you have to do in a number of seconds.
The missions are like this: It gives you a weapon with unlimited ammo and
you must do a number of points in a number of seconds. If you complete
this mission you will be reverted (a life, a car, money, etc.). For some
Kill Frenzy specials see BIGGEST KILL FRENZYS.
f) POLICE BUISNESS
Here we will teach you some pretty big things. If you want to steal a Squad
Car: Make sure the police are after you and that you have a weapon. Stop
and get out of the car. When a cop will come to get you, SHOOT HIM and
steel his car, is the fastest. To stop the police from following you go in
an AUTO, after that the police won't know if it
s you or get a Police Bribe.
If you get busted your multiplaier points will be twice less. If the 3 or 4
are after you they will block the road and shoot at you with guns (for 3
cops) and machine-guns (for 4 cops). There is more fun with the police at
the TIPS & TRICKS roubric.
FOR SINGLE PLAYER
1) Get a BIG car (like a Tanker or a Coach). Get the hole damn police after
you. The car being a big one the police will bump into you and DIE.
2) The coppers don't shoot at you. So get out of the car (if you are in a
car) and shoot in the coppers with the flame-thrower. You will make a
3) Take note of the pager messages. They WILL come in handy...
1) Larger vehicles take more hits to destroy. Get yourself loaded into a
tanker or a bus.
2) Lure your hapless opponents into alleyways you've previously blocked
3) Use the footbridges to avoid being rammed or hit by weapons.
4) If someone is crossing a footbridge to avoid you, simply explode a car
beneath them. Ha! Sucker!
5) If you're on fire from a flame-thrower or an explosion, you have a few
seconds before you die. See if you can take out your assailant with your
last dying breath.
6) If you're the first to reach the target number of 'frags' you'll win the
game, even if you die in the attempt.
h) RESPRAY & BOMB SHOP
THE RESPRAY SHOP is a shop where you change your pates or car color to get
the cops off your back. The Respray shop also fixes your car. You can reconi
it by the name Auto, Respray, or Al's Respray Shop and Garage in the first
mission pack (London 1969).
THE BOMB SHOP is a shop where, for $5000, you get your a car loaded with a
bomb, that activates when you press the attack button. It can be reconize
by the name Guns'n'Ammo, Bombs, Al's Lot o'guns Shop.
4. TIPS & TRICK
a) BUGS (Stupid Thigs in the game that waren't supose to be...)
1) I just saw a very stupid bug. Gently push a police car to fell
into the water. If it fells she won't ground. You will see some
waves. That is the police car driving underwater. This does not
work if you are in the car.
2) How you can shoot through walls? No I'm not kidding. If you walk
directly to the wall and try to walk through it, when you shoot
(with the gun or machine gun) and a man is right next to the wall
on the other side, you will kill him.
3) You know that in Liberty City are some bridges witch cross the
water to other parts of the city. Well lets get to the point shall
we. Under the bridges is water, right? You can't walk on water,
right? Wrong, you can. I you fell into the water go quickly under
the bridge. There is nothing there. The police will find you but
they will be over you. This works for cars (Excellent condition
cars). Oh, I almost forgot, if you go under the bridge (in the
direction that you fell), you will be under the city and any
explosion there will affect the upperground One such place is
SouthEast Hackenslash and if you go under an Auto your car will
4) All about GHOST CARS. I don't know when do they appear I know some
characteristics. You can't drive them. When you go near it she
disappears and you can't shoot it.
5) In San Andreas there are some areas where you can fall down. Well
listen to this: put a car (or a bike) so that half of the car is in
mid air and half is on the "upper ground". Now you get down (on the
part that the car would fall if you would push it a bit). Get a big
distance and shoot at the car whit the Rocket Launcher. Tough you
are down and the car is up it will explode. After that (when the
car is wasted) you shoot at it again. You will se lots and lots of
blasts. It's kind of fun.
6) This one is also in San Andreas at the places where you can fall
down. If down there is a garden with trees, do this: 1) Get a good
car. 2) Jump over and (press break) you will be on the tree. Kind
of stupid if you think about it (What I mean is that you won
of the tree even if there is only on pixel of the car on the tree).
7) If you want to explode a bike or a super bike (in a cool way) do
this. Get off of it by bumping into a car. Now shoot it until it
explodes. After the fire will disappear the bike will be good as
new but you can't use it. If you explode a super bike like this,
it will change its color to green.
8) You know that if you rig a car and explode it at a quite high speed
the exploded car will still run for 5-6 seconds. This thing is a
bug because if you do this and the car goes in an auto (but the
game didn't show you WEASTED) your car will be back to normal and
you won't die.
9) If you have a TANK do this: try to run over a car. When you are
over the car (and she didn't explode) get out of the tank. The
tank will be over the car and the car won't explode.
10) If you want to drive a wreck do this. MODE 1. Get a car that you
don't find very easy. Rig it, press fire and before it explodes,
drop it in water (with you in it). Now (at the next life) find a
car just like the one you drooped in the water and QUICKLY steal it
It will explode, but you won't die. Now you'll drive a wreck.
MODE 2. Go in an Love Vagon, Kill Frenzy and explode one small car
under it. You will drive the wreck for 3-5 seconds.
b) TIPS (Cool things to do in the game)
1) Have those little orange scouts and their noise ever annoyed you?
Well they annoyed me! You could just kill them whit the rocket
launcher (and make a GOURANGA) or you could have fun whit them.
s how: you could either kill their leader and they will follow
you and try to beat you up or, you could go in front of them and
try to walk away easy until they follow you. After that, do what
you want with them (ex. when you enter the train there won't but
they will get electrified).
2) If you ever have a Super-Bike or a Bike Just try this: ride it a
little with maximum speed and after that don't touch anything and
just get your finger off the acceleration button and try to get of
it (of the Bike). When the speed will be pretty low you will get of
it and it will continue going on whiteout you. It will stop only if
it hits something in its way.
3) If you have a bike or a super-bike you can clime the stairs to the
bridge that gets you to the other side of the street. There are
some stairs that go on buildings. There you may find some really
useful Goodie Boxes there.
4) Some times when you enter a parked car you see your pager saying:
"DETONATION IN 2,1,0" That car is going to blow ya "sky hi" if you
know what I mean. To prevent that is simple: every time you enter a
parked car just look if your pager appears on the screen. If it
does don't stop to read it just run away from the car as fast as
5) If you steal a Firetruck, an Ambulance or a Police car, when you
step on somebody it will give you twice the normal bonus.
6) Do you want to die and you are in Vice City at Rasta Blasta? Here
is how. You can die by staying next to a building and lunching a
bazooka to the wall or you can go to Northeast Vice Beach get shoot
buy some assholes that want to kill a bitch.
7) If you think you are block (I mean that a car is blocking your way
and there is no other way to go), do this, it is very simple. Press
break and the direction you want to go. If it is a big car (like a
tanker) you will go under it. If not, you will jump over it.
8) If you accidentally fell into water, he knows how to swim for about
3 sec. So if you fell, go back quickly. You won't be wasted. This
dose not work for cars. This works if you are on fire (after your
wash you won't be on fire any more).
9) You know the rails and you know that if you go over them you DIE.
But not always. You see if you run quickly over them you won
This DOSEN'T work for cars (they will go KABOOM).
10) If the police are after you, and a cop gets out of his car, if you
blow up his car (without killing him), he will not try to bust you.
He'll live you alone.
11) Don't try to hide a police car. Where ever you may hide it you
will not find it after you die or leave the area (I mean that if
the car in Estoria and your are in Kings the car will disappear).
12) If you are in Vice City, Bent Cop Blues, there's a Police Car
waiting for you in North Vice Beach.
13) GTA usually rewards you for repeating an action over and over
again, as fast as possible. For example, keep pushing cars into
a river and you'll get big bonuses.
14) If you're on a motorbike, select no weapons and hold down the
attack key. If you get knocked off your bike, you'll be stunned.
Saves valuable seconds when on the run...
15) LONDON 1969 ONLY. When a kill frenzy with a Royal Pain (Tank) ends
you can still shoot with the tank... Cool Hum!!!
16) In Vice City, In SouthWest Felicity there is crane but next to it
there is a Bomb Shop and a Respray Shop. It's a place we like to
call PSP (Profesional Shop Place)
c) TRICKS (Nice things for lots of points)
1) Here's another one: a) get a really good car b) get a car (with a
driver inside) off the road on one side of a block. c) get in the
back of it, push it and kill some people (he will kill them, if you
push, but the points will come to you) d) after a wile the police
will come after HIM.
2) Are you a tax payer? Are you mad of your taxes? Here is how you can
repair your car for half a price (for a Maximum Damaged Car). Get
your car through a Guns'n'Ammo. Then get it through a normal AUTO
Shop and then kill 2 men and go through the auto again. It will
cost you 5000 (to rig a car) + 88 to 330 (for the repair of the
3) By going into an Guns'n'Ammo you also repair the cars motor.
4) A small trick is how you can kill a doctor. Kill somebody so that
the Ambulance will come. After the doctor finishes to rebuild the
guy and tries to get in the car, you quickly steal the Ambulance. I
don't know why but he will dye.
5) I know a way how to get 50.000 credits for a jump. Get a SuperBike
go to place at marina (the last west port) there should be a half a
screen (320*200*15) and jump over. It will give you INSANE STUNT
BONUS. The place from where you jump is Northwest Sunview. Thanks
to Jens Krapohl.
6) HIJACKING THE TRAIN!: Go to a station and wait for it. When it
comes, enter it like a car and press fire. This will fuck up the
trains electric circuits. Now you can ride it like a car but the
breaks are very bad. It's cool. There are 2 trains per line and
if you go to fast you'll bump into the other one and a you'll make
a big explosion.
7) In Tequila Slammer, in NorthEast Richman there is a Penetrator. Get
in it and if you can do a jump over the water there it will give
you INSANE STUNT BONUS that is 50k.
8) LONDON 1969 ONLY. If you typed a code that gives you wall the
weapones that you can shoot them from in the car.
d) BIGGEST KILL FRENZYS
Here, you will find where are the Tanks & Monster Bugs in GTA. When you
are in the Tank and if you press Special + an arrow, it will move the
tanks turret that waty.
IMPORTANT: To go through fences or walls (what a stupid game):
1) get a Repair Van, a Coach or a Tankers. Put it "glued" to the wall (or
fence). Now go under the car in the direction that will get you at the
2) Get a BIG car "glued" with the left door to the fence. Now try to get
out of the car.
1) Grand Theft Auto
LIBERTY CITY - Heist Almighty
a) TANKS. Go to Northwest Estoria. On the island.
b) TANK. Northeast Forth Law. See IMPORTANT for how to get it.
SAN ANDREAS - Mandarin Mayhem
a) MONSTER BUG. In Central Richman. Just Outside a house.
b) TANK. Go to Southwest Woodside. On the right of the big red br
You will get to it through a building.
c) TANK. In West Sailors Wharf. You will go through a building.
SAN ANDERAS - Tequila Slammer
a) MONSTER BUG. Go to a small garden in the middle of to buildings in Ea