FINDING THE STATUE
- Indy starts off looking for some odd statue or other. Begin your search by
pressing on the peculiar statue. On the next floor, Indy tries to pick up
the rope. Then, try and look at the books on statues. Finally, look at the
cat figurines. Now that you're all the way in the basement, take a look and
see what's in those lockers. There it is!FINDING SOPHIA
- Welcome to New York. Pick up the newspaper. Now, walk back to the alley.
Here's where the choice of path really occurs. Yes, you don't really decide
which way you want to go until Sophia asks you, but if you follow the
directions that I tell you to, you'll see that Sophia will tell your fortune
exactly as it should be: a smart, quick-witted thinker.
- To begin your career as an intelligent Indy, make your way to the fire
escape. First push that crate directly in front of your path. Then walk to
the crate that's to the right and a little below the fire escape. Push that
one. Walk further in. Push the next crate (the same one you pushed first).
Now walk to that crate in the right under the fire escape. Push it. Walk up
the fire escape.
- Once you're in here, talk to the stagehand. Keep talking to him until you
get through with Sophia's lecture cut-scenes. Then, talk to him, asking him
if he likes to read and asking what he'd do if Indy gave him something to
read. Give him the newspaper. Push the left lever, then the right lever.
Push the button.
- Now just talk to Sophia and find out just what the heck's going on and
head to Iceland.THE LOST DIALOGUE OF PLATO
- Walk to the old dig site and talk to Heimdall. Ask him about the Lost
Dialogue of Plato Once you've found out about Sternhart and Costa, head for
Tikal.- Walk on in to the jungle. Walk in each of the dark jungle paths to find
where they lead. Once you find the one that'll get you out, Indy encounters
a slight problem. To fix it, head back to the jungle. By walking towards it
and using the whip with it, herd the jungle rodent in front of the dark
jungle path that leads out of the jungle. Then use the whip with it. Walk to
the tree and look at it, then climb it. Talk to Sophia, asking her how she
got over here.
- Walk to the temple. Talk to Sternhart after he blocks your way. When he
asks you for the title of the Lost Dialogue of Plato (LD) tell him that you
honestly don't know. (You don't get that far lying on this path). After he's
gone, talk to the parrot and ask him the title. When you've got it, walk to
the temple and talk to Sternhart. Tell him that the LD is the Hermocrates.
- Once inside the temple, ask Sophia to keep Sternhart busy. Walk outside
and pick up the kerosene lamp at Sternhart's stand. Open it. Walk back to
the temple. Use the lamp to remove the tarnish off that more deeply etched
spiral. Then pick it up and use it with the animal head.
- Once Sternhart's gone, grab the orichalcum bead and book passage for
Iceland. Walk to the old dig site and use the bead in the exposed eel head.
Don't worry about Heimdall...no great loss. Now head for the Azores.
- Once you're there, it's a very good idea to talk to Sophia and ask her to
talk to Costa. Open the door and talk politely to the man. Ask him if he
would trade with Indy. When he complies, talk to Indy and tell him to take
over. As Indy, open the door and trade the eel for the information. Book
passage for Barnett College!
- One option is to immediately go up the stairs. Then look at the desk and
pick up the gum. Walk to the exit. Go down the stairs. Pick up the coal. Use
the gum with the coal chute. Then, use the coal with book up on the inside
of the bookshelf. Sometimes it falls, sometimes it doesn't. It's a lot
easier than the next part, so go ahead and try it.
- Once Sophia's gone back to your office, follow her. She'll harass you for
not finding the LD, and you'll probably feel pretty dumb, but it's a
necessary evil. Open your icebox (warning: use extreme caution). Pick up the
mayonnaise. Walk outside. Go back to Caswell Hall and go up the stairs. Use
the rope. Once you're back up there, use the mayonnaise with the totem pole
(just trust me on this one). That'll make the floor slippery enough for you
to pull it. Pull it twice, then walk up to the hole.
- Look at the urn. Open it up and look at the ashes. Pick up the key in
them. Go back downstairs. Push the crate. Look at the chest. Use the key
with it and open it. all right! You got it! Go back and tell Sophia you want
to think your way to Atlantis. Oh, one more thing: it'll be a lot easier if
you READ the Lost Dialogue (LD) and remember what it says instead of always
looking at it the whole way through the game. Now, head for Monte Carlo.
ACQUIRING THE SUNSTONE
- The first stone disk you have to get is the Sunstone. Here's how to do it.
- Once you arrive in Monte Carlo, look for Alain Trottier. You can recognize
him because he's the guy in the brown suit with the flower in his lapel. He
has gray hair. Once you find him, talk to him. Tell him that you're Indiana
Jones of Barnett College. Then tell him that you're just a simple professor.
Then, after asking him about Atlantis, answer his question using the
information you remember from the LD. Some answers to his more common
questions are amber, to make themselves like gods, an error of diction or
translation, and when the celestial spheres were well-aligned. He can't do
much for you but give you his business card. Accept it; it'll come in handy.
Then head for Algiers by using the taxi.
- In Algiers, keep walking to the left until you see the back alley. Walk
back there. Talk to the storekeeper. Then give him Trottier's card and ask
him to arrange a meeting with al-Jabbar. When he's gone, follow him. Go out
into the city streets. Now , you're the little black dot. There'll be a
little red dot somewhere; if you put the cursor on it, it identifies it as
the man in a red fez. Keep clicking on him and following him. When he gets
close to the market, click on it while the man is very close to it. It's
easier to do than it sounds, believe me. It might take a few tries to herd
him into the market, but you'll eventually get him. When you do, talk tohim.
- Tell him he's got a nice fez. Then tell him you're not in town for the
festival, but that's quite a hat. It's better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Tell him it's festive. Then admit that well you are envious, but won't he
need it, and accept the fez. Then return to the back alley.
- There, when the servant returns, give him the fez. Try each of the three
reasons for giving him the fez until it works. Whichever reason it is
changes from game to game. When he's got the fez on, ask him to go see
al-Jabbar again. When he goes, follow him again. Once you're back on the
street, follow him (you'll be able to see him in the bright red fez). Stay
on his tail, no matter what you do. Keep clicking on him. It'll take a
while, but he'll finally enter Omar's house. Walk in after him.
- After Omar's done dissing you, look around. When you finally get tired of
his bloody "Stop, leave my things alone!" line walk into the closet. The big
turkey will follow you. Close the closet door, trapping him in. Now he'll
really diss you, but at least you can steal his stuff. Pick up the pole in
that basket by the column. Pick up the two statues. Look at the hanging
cloth. Use the bamboo stick to pick it up. Once you've got the map, use the
camel.- Additional Hint: Indy can follow Paul to Omar's house without the fez.
It's difficult, but it's far from impossible. It's worth ten IQ points if
you can do it, as opposed to the five you get for following Paul with the
fez. Paul will be a light blue dot in the crowd. It's hard to find him and
then it's hard to keep track of him, but you can do it. When Paul asks you
why he would want a fez, you can find out beforehand. Just ask him how much
the pots are, and he'll tell you his wish.
- Out in the desert, keeping stopping at the nomad camps and asking them
what they make of the map. Keep following their directions until you find
the X. If you do get caught by trouble, ask him what it would take to forget
that they'd ever met. Give him either statue (obviously, this only works
twice, so don't get caught!). Once you find X, go to it.
- Once you're there, open the hood and look at it. Then go to the ladder.
Downstairs, touch and pick up the long tubular thing. Open the metal thing.
Pick up the clay thing. The metal thing is a generator. Move the cursor
around right above it until you find a metal cap. Open it. If you want, you
can try and start the generator (push the little metal thing), but it's out
of gas. Go back outside. Go to the truck.
- Open the gas tank. Use the hose with the gas tank. Use the clay jar with
the end of the hose. Pick up the hose and close the gas tank. Walk back to
the ladder. Downstairs, use the clay jar with the gas filler pipe. Then push
the little metal thing.
- Now that Indy has brought forth light, pick up the ship rib. Go to the
painting. Push the painting of small round object. Pick up the horned statue
in the secret opening in the ark. Put the orichalcum bead you got in the jar
into the horned statue. Now, push the button on the generator and shut it
off. Pick up the spark plug (the ceramic thing) in the dark. Walk back to
- At the truck, use the spark plug with the engine. Then use the horned
statue with the spark plugs. Close the hood and open the door. Pick up the
telegram and read it. Use the truck and head for Monte Carlo.
- Now that you're back in Monte Carlo, talk to Trottier when you find him
and tell him he's got Nazi agents on his tail. Keep talking to him until he
gets mad and shows you the Sunstone, whereupon the moron will get captured
by Nazi agents. Follow them in the car.
- Keep clicking the mouse around the screen to move the car. The car can
only go forward, remember that, so don't try any U-turns. Keep following the
Nazis and hit them. After you've hit them four or five times, you'll crash.
- Talk to Trottier and make sure he's okay. Tell him that yes, you crashed
the cars and you saved his life. Sooner or later, he'll loosen up and let
you have the Sunstone...if you can find it. Once he puts the address on the
telegram, keep looking at the corners until you find the streets you're
looking for. This can be as hard as heck. Some of the corners don't have
street signs, so you've got to remember which street is which. If you speak
French, don't listen too hard...Le francais d'Indy, c'est terrible!
- Once you've found the street corner, look in the grates. The Sunstone
should be in one of them. Pick it up. Once you've got it, head for the hotel
and use the taxi. Book passage for Thera.
- Additional Hint:This tip is for all you adventurers who are sick of
looking all over Monte Carlo for the Sunstone after Trottier has thrown it
away. All the streets are lined up alphabetically from top to bottom and
left to right. Cool huh?FINDING THE MOONSTONE
- On the island of Thera, look at the crate. Hmm, might need that later. You
can try and open it and take the balloon, but the port authority won't let
you have it until you give him an invoice. Go to the fish net and pick it
up. Try and pick up the large basket. When the authority refuses to let you
have it, ask him hat he wants for the basket. When he replies that he wants
an artifact from the dig, walk to the path away from the dock.
- In the background are several mountains. In that little ridge between
those three mountains are three places; the cleft, a ridge, and a notch.
Move your cursor around until you find them. Walk to each one until you find
the one with the natural gas fissure and the crate. Close the crate. Pick up
the invoice. Walk into the cave. In there, walk to the room with the door
and an entrenching tool. Close the door. Use the Sunstone on the peg next to
the door. Line it up the way the LD describes and press the spindle. Open
the door. Pick up the sign and read it. Close the door and pick up the
Sunstone. Pick up the entrenching tool and open it, reading Sophia's note.
- Somewhere along the line, the front door would have caved in. Use the
entrenching tool with the cave-in. When you finally get out, go back and
talk to the port authority. Tell him you want to claim your balloon and give
him the invoice. Then give him the sign. When he's done translating it for
you, pick up the balloon bladder and the basket. Use the hose with the
balloon, and use the fish net with the basket. Use the basket with he
balloon. Walk back to the cave.
- Use the balloon rig with he gas fissure. Now you're off into he wild blue
yonder. Once you're there, keep floating around until you find the
submarine. Press the left and right mouse button to shift your direction.
When you're used to it and you can fly pretty well, find the submarine. Fly
right over it and land on it by pressing the left mouse button quickly.
- Once you've been promoted to the rank of captain and are inside, walk
downstairs. Talk to the guard. Once you find out that he's guarding the
stones, go to the cold cuts and bread on the left. Pick up the cuts and some
bread and use them to make a sandwich. Go back and give it to the hungry
guard. When he's gone, of course, open the lockers and pick up the stones
and the torpedo instructions. One of them is the Moonstone! Close the
lockers. Walk around until the submarine docks.
- Additional Hint: You can tempt the guard who's hungry instead of giving
him your sandwich. Just walk to him and use it and start eating it right in
front of him. It'll drive him nuts, and it's worth four IQ points instead of
the usual two!ACQUIRING THE WORLDSTONE
- Now you've got to get out of there. Walk to the right side of the U-Boat
and pick up the oily rag. Walk back to the left torpedo rig. Use the
instructions with the control panel and use the oily rag with the wires.
Push the launch lever. Now that you've got a worthy distraction, go pick up
the clothesline. Walk back to the right torpedo rig. Use the instructions
with the control panel. Open the torpedo tube. Use the clothesline with the
launch lever. Walk into the tube. Pick up the clothesline and close the
tube. Pull the clothesline.
- Whew, what a way to get out! Walk up to that stone platform. Using the LD,
line up the stone disks on the spindle and press it. Pick up the stones and
walk into the secret entrance.
- Pick up the first two of the statue heads. Walk into the next room. Use
the whip with the statue head in the next room. Walk to the upper door. Walk
in the door to Indy's right. Walk into the door immediately on his right
again. Use the whip with the statue head. Look at the fallen statue's head.
Wow, an elevator!
- Look at Sternhart. Don't worry about the elevator. Look at his note. Pick
up the scarf and the staff. Pick up the Worldstone. You've got all three ofthem!
GETTING OUT OF THE LABYRINTH
- Look at the waterfall. Use the chain. Now that you're back up, walk to the
statue. Walk back to the door you came in through. Use the three statue
heads on the shelf. Walk in the door. Walk into the upper door first. Keep
going until you come to the room with the counterweight. Use the staff with
the chock. Walk back and go in the door on the lower right. Use the staff
with the statue's mouth. Another elevator!
- Pick up the box and the orichalcum under it. Open the box and put the
orichalcum in it. Use the clothesline with the comb. Use the scarf with it.
Now, use the comb. Yes, it is an orichalcum detector! Use the scarf with it
to charge it again and walk into the door behind Indy. Use the orichalcum in
the horned statue. Put the little statue in the hatch of that machine.
Follow it when it takes off.
- Use the three stone disks on the spindle just as the LD says to. Line them
up and press the spindle. Pick up the disks and walk into the door. Close
the box. This will keep the orichalcum you have hidden from the detector.
Walk to the room with the bones. Walk to the bones and use the detector.
Pick up the orichalcum. Charge the comb again and use it again. If it says
nothing, walk into the room you were in before. Charge it and try it again.
When you finally find the room where the detector points to the wall. Use
the ship rib with the wall. Open the door and walk in.
- Pick up the bead. Use it Open the box and use a bead in the subway's
mouth. Get ready, pal, you're on your way to Atlantis!ATLANTIS
- Start out by touching that wooden thing. Pick it up. Touch the stone
rubble over far on the right and use the ladder with it. Touch the metal
thing. Open the stone box. Use an orichalcum bead with the metal rod. Pick
up the ladder. Now, put the stone disks on the spindle. Line them exactly
the same way as you did back at the map room, but this time line them up in
the reverse that you did (final entrance to Atlantis yielded only to
contrary minds-Plato's LD). For example, if darkness was at the top of the
Sunstone, it should go on the bottom. Once the statue's mouth opens, use a
bead with it. Pick up the stone disks and walk on in.
- Now, the layout of the rooms changes from game to game. But here's the
important stuff that you find.
- The subway in the lower lefthand corner of the map must be reached. Go
there by going around the outside ring of Atlantis. Once you're there, pick
up the rib cage. Walk back out.
- Find a soldier and fight him. Beat him and pickup his rations. Use the
rations in the rib cage.
- Find the room with the crab pool in it. Use the cage in the pool. When it
snaps, pick it up. Great, now you've got another companion with just a
little less of a temper than Sophia.
- Now find the room with all the spare robot parts. Pick up the gear.
- Find another room with the spare robot parts. Pick up the bronze wheel.
- Go to the room with the ugly statue in it. Use the ladder to cross the
hole. Pick up the cup. Walk back out, but don't forget to pick up the ladder
- Find the room with the statue that looks like a cross between a fish and a
bull. Pick up the statue head.
- Find the lava room. Use the cup with the pedestal. Then use the statue
head with the plaque. Once you've got the lava, head to the machine room.
Use the bronze wheel with the peg. Use the lava in the funnel. Ah, a very
nice prize. Pick up the wheel and the beads.
- Now, find the room with the tunnel that leads to the dungeon. It's got to
be the one where you come out right near the sentry statue. Use a bead in
it. Watch Statue run. Watch statue crush. Watch statue crash. Bummer. Walk
- Find the room with the eel statue just like the one you bought in Iceland.
Pick it up and head for the sentry room (the room with the pool of water
blocking the two doors). When you're there, use a bead in the eel. Then use
a bead in the fish. Walk in the door.
- Walk to the dungeon. You can try and talk to Sophia, but it won't do any
good. Open the cage if you want, but you'll never convince her to come out.
Instead, pick up the statue part down there amidst the smashed sentry
statue. Walk out. Go to the canal.
- Feed the octopus the crab (hope you hadn't grown attached to him). Swim
across the canal and use a bead in crab's mouth. Float to the left gate. Use
the Sunstone with the spindle to open it. In the next gate use the
Moonstone, then the Worldstone, etc. In the room with the door, walk up to
the door. Pick up the crescent-shaped gear. Close the cupboard. Look at it.
Remember what it looks like very well. Use the crab-like raft and walk to
- Use the chain with either of the two bronze loops. Then use the ladder
with the sentry statue. Open its chest cavity. Look at it. Now, use the
design on the cupboard to place the parts where they go. Place the wheel on
the middle peg. Use the statue part that looks like a head on top of the
wheel. Use the crescent-shaped gear on the two pegs on the left. Use the
gear on either of the left two pegs, whichever the cupboard specified to
move the arm down. Once you've got everything set up, use a bead in themouth.
- When you get the arm down, use the chain with the other loop. The look at
the chest plate again. Move the gear to the other peg and use a bead in the
mouth. Watch the Atlantis door come crashing down! Pick up the hinge pin.
Now, let's go get Sophia. if you really don't want to, skip down to the
Second Circle, but if you have a heart, continue reading.
- Go back to Sophia's cage. Give her the hinge pin. Pick up the cage door.
Tell her you've got a plan and have her brace the cage with the hinge pin.
Now, look at the thanks you get.
- Well, that wasn't too bad. Now, back to business. Pick up the cage door.
Pick up the hinge pin and walk back to the sentry statue. Walk on into the
Second Circle of Atlantis.THE SECOND CIRCLE
- If you've got Sophia, you'll notice the kid starts going crazy. Follow
her. If you don't want her around, just give up on her and let her go. But
you've put up with her this far, why don't you let her tag along the rest of
the way? When you're in the room with the lava pit, look at her. Use a bead
in her necklace. Now, while she's holding it out like that, use the box with
it. See ya later, Nur-Ab-Sal! Walk up the stairs and pick up the scepter.
Get out of there.
- Now walk around the circle. Pay attention to the diagrams on the wall.
Walk into the room with the big digging machine. Remember the diagram
outside for how to get the machine started and the diagram inside for how to
get it stopped. Use the scepter and the hinge pin for levers in the slots.
Arrange them according to the outer diagram and use a bead in the mouth.
- Once you're going, shut her down by arranging the levers according to the
diagram on in the inside of the room. Welcome to the third ring of Atlantis!
Walk to the end of the walkway and on down.THE THIRD AND FINAL RING OF ATLANTIS
- In the lava room, work your way down to the bridge by trial and error. A
good indication is whether or not Sophia follows you (see, she comes in
pretty handy). When she follows you, you know you're on the right path. She
won't follow you on the wrong path. While you're getting across, look at the
circles in the background. They represent the three stone disks. Remember
the way the noon sun, the full moon, and the volcano are lined up. When you
get to the bridge, just keep trying until you get across. Once Sophia
catches up to you, walk down the stairs.
- Whoa, that thing looks like a generator or something! Walk on in. Looks
really inviting, doesn't it? In the room with the frog statue, line up the
stone disks according to the way they were lined up on the statue out in the
lava room and press the spindle.
- Great, Nazi company. Don't worry about Kerner; that arrogant idiot's pride
will do him in. Uberman's another story, though. When he tries to turn you
into a god, tell him that you hope it doesn't work for his sake. It takes
awhile to get to that line. Tell him that maybe multiplying by ten instead
of ten is what Kerner should have done. But say no beads when he asks you
how many. Tell him you'll kill him as soon as you're a god. Then he'll take
care of himself. Then, Atlantis will sink around you, and you've got to get
out of there! Watch the okay but nothing all that great ending sequence. Be
satisfied that you survived the Fate of Atlantis. Now you can wear that
fedora with pride!