Copyright 1998 Al Giovetti and The Computer Show
Introduction This is the 8th installment in the King's Quest series that is
now 15 years old. Roberta Williams has been doing games for over 20 years and
this may well be her masterpiece.
1. save often. You have 51 save games and seven major lands. Use only
seven save games per land. Deleting them later will get them out of order
and mess things up for you.
2. Talk to everyone until they reveal nothing new. Many characters have
things to say after you complete certain things and returning to them will
give you experience and more information. The half-stone wizard (sorcerer)
in Daventry is just such a person. He can provide hints to the level.
3. Kill everything that will not talk to you. Look in the book at the
monsters so you can identify them. The book has hints for you about how to
4. Whenever you get items in inventory, examine them with the right mouse
5. Pick up stones whenever you see them on the ground. Get used to what
the stones look like. Stones are essential for tripping many floor plates
and some traps to protect Connor.
6. You need to click on a weapon on the left side of the interface at the
bottom of the screen to initiate combat. There is no hot key equivalent to
starting combat. Initially you will only have a fist, then a knife and
later bows. The fist, knife or other melee weapon is to the right of the
armor on the far left. The bows will be shown just to the right of the
melee weapon. Clicking on the weapon a second time or the alt key will put
it away. Clicking on another weapon or the delete key will trade weapons.
7. The control key will allow you to interact with your environment
without putting your weapon away. This is a very handy key. Learn to use
8. There is no way to straife your enemy. The interface has no facility
for side stepping and if there is a deficiency in the game this is it.
There are many times when side stepping a missile or a fireball would have
been a better alternative, but you cannot.
9. Collect everything that is not nailed down. When characters die the
gold and items they give up or drop may land under the character. Clicking
on them in different places will yield the items they dropped.
10. Whenever you see mushrooms click on them to pick them up, they are a
healing item. Clicking on the item in inventory will use it and heal your
11. Study the quick start card to find that four items will heal you:
mushrooms (5 points), crystals (50 points), sacred water (100 points), and
the elixir of life (full). The slots for these items are in the center of
the interface at the bottom of the screen. Toggle this interface on and
off with the spacebar. You may find the hotkeys of the number pad useful
for activating these while fighting. And then you may not.
12. The other four slots at the bottom of the screen are for potions of
shield, strength, reveal and invisible. These four items have magic timers
on them and will not last very long. Also, check the quick start card for
information on these items.
13. Search all rooms and houses unless told otherwise.
14. Click on all boxes and baskets, they contain loot.
15. Break with your sword, fist, or bow every barrel and vase
16. Click on wall plaques, medalians and swithces or anything that looks
17. Get to know the bad monsters and kill them from a distance while
backing up. You will save the amount of times you are hurt. You may be
able to kill them before they shoot back.
18. Use all magic items and potions sparingly. There are points in the
game where you will need them to proceed. One almost every level there is
a healing spring, fountain or well. If hurt return here instead of using
your magic items (musrooms, crystals, sacred water, or elixir of life). It
is a little inconvenient, but worth the conservation of essential items.
19. Whenever you see the word push in this walkthrough, unless it is a
button, it means to walk into the item. When you do this your hands pop up
and you will push the item. Some buttons you can click on and others you
have to walk into.
1. The game starts in front of Sarah's house. Save your game.
2. You are Connor. Everyone in Daventry has turned to stone except
monsters and one wizard. So kill everything that moves and click on
3. The raven will lead you to the wizard if you click on it. If you cannot
follow the raven, do not worry. The instructions below will take you to
4. Since you do not have the magic map yet we will talk about directions.
If you look at Sarah's door from the outside, and turn left, you will be
facing north. Turning right from looking at the door faces south.
5. Immediately go north. Your house is across the street and up the road
to the north from Sarah's. The kitchen is in the back of the house and has
your knife stuck into the table. Get the knife you will need it. You have
two weapon slots one for melee and the other ranged. As you click on a
weapon notice that the numbers above the weapon will go up or down. You
cannot carry more than one weapon of each type, so keep the one with the
6. Go into Sarah's house and get everything that is not nailed down.
7. The raven will land on a fence post outside your house. Go click on the
raven and he will fly away. The raven will fly south along the road to the
south end of the lake just west of the church at the edge of the water.
Simply walk south (come out of Sarah's door and turn left along the
road.). The road will turn to the right (west) and continue past the
church and graveyard on the left and Farmer Simms house on the right. A
Spriggan (Read the book about monster types.) monster will fire its bow at
you from within the graveyard. You should not go into the graveyard until
your character is level 5 or above. So continue to the lake quickly and
avoid being damaged.
8. At the lake a wizard, near a stump and partly encased in stone, will
give you the magic map, so you can get around easier.
9. Just above the crypt at the back, up the hill toward Sarah's house.
Work your way around to the place on the cliff closest to the back or
south east corner of the house, and a short animated sequence will start
where Connor says "Its a long jump, but I can make it.
10. SAVE THE GAME here. You will need to back up the the mountain wall and
take a running jump. End toggles walk and run, while insert makes you
jump. You need to hold the arrow key down and time the jump, pushing the
insert key, to be at the edge of the cliff. If you die try it again,
perhaps at a different angle.
11. Walk to the front of the mausoleum where the Spriggan is. Jump down on
the Spriggan and a short cut-scene will show you jump down and cut his
throat. Quickly look down and get the crossbow and run out of the
graveyard to the left of the Church down towards the lake. Zombies will
come out of the ground and surround you in the churchyard. There are about
ten of them so get out fast. Use the xbow to kill things from a distance
with ease. If you have to run out of the graveyard before getting the
crossbow. All is not lost. You may be able to retrieve the crossbow from
outside the fence near the front of the mausoleum (tomb). Look through the
fence and see if you can click on it.
12. Inside farmer Simms house there is a pair of leather boots which will
increase Connor's armor class and protection. Get the boots.
13. North of Connor's house and across the street is the mill. You need an
important object there but are not ready to get it.
14. Up the road past the fountain, which I believe restores your health
and saves mushrooms. Only use mushrooms sparingly to increase health. It
is inconvenient to return to the water on each level and restore health
but you should do it. Conserving potions will save your life.
15. Continuing north there is an Inn or Tavern on the east or right side
of the road and a bridge on the other side. Break the barrel outside the
Tavern. Go inside the Tavern and get the gloves under and behind the bar.
Drinking from the beer here will make you tipsy but may heal you. Go
upstairs and take the items from the chest. Also get the gold in the back
of the bar.
16. Across the bridge and up the road you will find two Spriggins outside
a windmill on the south side of the road (left). Kill them with the bow
while backing up. Go inside the windmill and push the haybale under the
axe stuck in the wall high up. Jump up on the bale and get the axe.
17. SAVE THE GAME here. A henchman will attack you when you come out of
here. If you die here you may have to explore a little more and kill
things first to increase your level. Your level is shown as a number
between the two bargraphs in the center of the "interface" control panel
at the bottom of the page. Every time you go up a level, the panel glows,
and all your statistics increase.
18. If you walk everywhere you will find more monsters. There are several
monsters in the back yard of farmer Simms house. Across from the windmill
is Farmer Kavanaugh's house with a Spriggin in the outhouse. Get the
mushrooms in the yard also. Open the door and draw your sword and kill the
Spriggin. Farmer Kavanaugh's house is where the little girl that you will
save in the dimension of death lives. Mark this house well, you will need
to come back here.
19. Go back to the watermill and just outside the front door is a tree.
Equip your axe and chop it down. This will stop the grindstone inside the
mill from turning. Jump up to the loft inside the mill and retrieve the
rope and hook which you will need to climb up and down various buildings,
cliffs and walls. To climb, you need to see a yellow up or down arrow at
the bottom right hand side of the screen just above the interface along
the screen bottom. You click on the hook, look up (pan up with the page up
key) and click on the edge of the wall. Connor will throw the hook into
the wall and set it or bend down and set it, depending upon whether you
are climbing up or down the wall. You need to use the up and down cursor
pad arrow keys to move Connor to the top of the wall or the bottom of the
wall to complete the climb.
20. At the far north east corner of the map, you will find the waterfall.
Use the rope and hook to climb the waterfall from the west wall of it.
Push the bricks (or are they stones?) into the water by walking into the
table with the stones so that they block the fall of the water. This will
uncover the tunnel under the waterfall which leads to a secret passage
into the throne room of Castle Daventry.
21. Climb down the wall with the rope and hook. Carefully walk toward the
edge where you came up until you see the yellow down arrow. Select the
rope and hook from the interface panel at the bottom of the screen and
climb down. Do not jump. Enter the tunnel or cave under the waterfall.
22. Follow the secret passage through to a dead end. Find the hidden
switch disguised as a candle holder on the wall and open the passage into
the castle. Pick up the torch ashes, you will need them later.
23. You enter the dining area where a picture of King Grahm and the queen
are. Push (walk into) the picture of King Graham and the picture will
slide back revealing a key in a compartment below and behind the picture.
Get the key.
24. Go into the throneroom. Examine Graham and the minister. Look into the
magic mirror. You will see Lucreto, the evil archon who broke the mask
that he was trusted to protect. Lucreto will threaten you.
25. Go back to the secret passage and out to your town near Daventry.
26. If you go east of the waterfall and continue you will encounter many
Zombies just east of the Daventry road sign. You may want to go north and
check out the boulder that blocks the road. This is somewhat confusing,
because beyond the zombies to the east, you will find another castle. This
is NOT where Graham and the minister are. There are a lot of spriggans
here. Kill them all and get there stuff (gold and mushrooms). Inside the
castle in a corridor rigged with three arrow traps is the locked door to
the dimensional teleportal. Use the key you found behind Graham's portrait
in the dining hall to open this door. This is where you will return to
when you come back to Daventry from the other worlds you will visit.
Unfortunately the teleporter pad will not take you anywhere until you find
another pad to teleport to.
27. Just north of the castle you will find a Spriggan guarding a crypt.
This is the hero's crypt. Talk to the hero until he tells you nothing new.
The hero will talk of the vase as being the solution to your problem of
getting out of Daventry. The vase is in the church.
28. Break the door to the hero's tomb by using your axe on it. Push the
lid off the coffin (sarcophagus) and reach down and get the silver hero's
29. Go east of the hero's tomb and find an animal (beast) near a poisoned
lake. Do not go into the lake or you will be damaged. Talk to the beast
and find out that a witch stole her horn. You will agree to help her find
the horn. The horn is found in the wiches tower in the swamp. When you
finish the swamp area you will be able to return and restore the unicorn
to her normal form by returning to her the horn.
30. South of the poison lake and the unicorn is the apothacary. Use your
axe on the door and enter the shop to get several potions and some gold.
31. Go to the church. Just left of the door to the church, you will find
an area where you can use your rope and hook to climb to the roof of the
church. The church roof has a hole in it. Walk around the hole until you
find the place to climb down with your hook. Use your hook to climb down.
32. Take the candle in the church.
33. Push the large urn which is to the left of the pulpit and altar of the
church back until it touches the wall with the large, broken stained glass
window. You will see an animated sequence where the door opens in the
crypt just outside.
34. Go into the graveyard and kill all the zombies there. Then go into the
church and enter the dimensional portal in the back (north) wall. You will
see an animated sequence where the shadow monster who guards the portal
into "the dimension of death" is found. You will be thrown back out of the
35. Go back to the sorcerer by the lake and talk to him about the shadow
monster. The wizard will tell you that he can make a ring of light spell
from a holy light (the candle from the church), a hero's ring (from the
hero's crypt), and torch ashes (the ashes under the torch in Castle
Daventry near the throne room area).
36. Give the sorcerer (wizard) the three items one at a time from
inventory. A ring of light will now appear in your inventory.
37. Go west across the lake to the wizard's tower. Use the rope and hook
to climb the east wall of the tower. Open the door and go in.
38. Look at the celestial globe near the door. Click on the quill near the
book and take the page that it will magically write on. The page talks
about revealing hidden items. Click the page on the celestial globe and
get the reveal potion inside the globe. The potion will appear in slot
seven in your interface panel at the bottom of the screen.
39. Clicking on the reveal potion will reveal an invisable chest just to
the right of the book. Open the chest and take the lake bell that is
within the chest.
40. Exit and climb down the wizard's tower with the rope and hook. go to
the north part of the tower and find a bell stand. Use the bell on the
stand and hit the bell three times with your axe. There will be an
animated sequence where the lady of the lake will bestow upon you a sword
of great power: the lake sword. Notice that your axe will be on the ground
where you got the sword. Do not pick up the axe. It will replace the sword
in your interface melee weapon slot. The sword is a better weapon than the
axe. You can do this earlier in this level and get the better sword
earlier, making the level easier.
41. Go to the crypt in the graveyard and enter the dimension of death.
Clicking the ring of light on the shadow monster causes it to dissipate.
The Dimension of Death
42. Save your game. There are groups of skeletons with bows and swords in
this area. They are quite deadly. I rushed them with my sword, but many
times you can shoot them from a distance with your bow. Notice that the
bow can launch multiple missiles almost as fast as you can click. Learn to
shoot fast and accurately at the limit of your range to kill quickly
without problems. Also on this level are weepers, two red eyes inside a
white hooded floor-length gown. Shoot the weepers with three fast arrows
and they are dead. I was unsuccessful at fighting with the sword with
them. There are also wooden boxes on this level that can be broken with
your sword or bow. The boxes contain skeletons or healing items and
potions. Break them and wait until the monster appears and kill him
quickly. There are also message obilisques in this level. Clicking on them
will give you a clue to solving the level. Avoid the lava by walking
diagonally up the wall and around the lava where there is the most room
(You will not go up the wall but will slide past the lava without taking
43. Look behind you over the door back to daventry and you will find five
symbols. Copy them to notepaper for future reference. You will need them.
In my version they were: a symbol like a pitchfork with a cross on the
handle, a half circle facing upward with a small circle on the bottom
center, a large circle with a dot in the middle, a capital letter "H" with
sides that are curved concave toward right and left, and the symbol for
male (a circle with an arrow coming out of the upper right hand side).
44. There is an altar or statue to Lord Azrael in the west of the area
just north of the portal. Get the key off this statue. There are four
small, thin pillars with a flame coming out of the top on the right and
left side, in front (south) of the box-like building with two sets of two
doors. The pillars look more like ornate fence posts or very large candles
than pillars. Click the key on the small pillar. Push the pillar with the
key by walking into it. The pillar with the key will turn, click, drop,
and the flame will go out. Do this to all four pilars and the doors to the
box like building will open.
45. Save your game. Walk into the building. Remeber the symbols over the
portal back to Daventry. The tiles have symbols on them. If you step on
the symbols in the order shown over the portal you will solve this puzzle.
Hold the right button of the mouse down and move the mouse to get the
camera view to rotate to give you a good view whenever needed. When you
step on the first symbol, you will immediately be teleported to another
location. Look for the next symbol and step on it, and so on until you
have completed stepping on all five symbols. Get the sequence right and
watch an animated sequence where Lord Azrael will tell Connor about the
damaged heart to the land of death which needs to be healed and gives
Connor a key to the gate out of this area.
46. When you get control to Connor back, search the entire area, breaking
all the boxes. Skeletal warriors will jump out of the boxes. Break one box
at a time and kill the warror quickly. Make sure you get the one-quarter
piece of the dead warrior's shield in the north west portion of this area
before moving on.
47. Go to the gate in the north center of this roughly rectangular area
and use the key to open the gate.
48. SAVE YOUR GAME here. Turn left or west on the east to west passageway
just north of the gate. DO NOT go right (east). Going right will take you
to an encounter with five or six skeletons who will promptly kill you.
Most of the map is to the west of you anyway. Watch out for skeletal
archers standing on top of walls. Shoot them with your bow when you can.
49. Go southwest. This is a maze and keep the wall on your left hand as
you go. This is the outside wall and there will be no turns until you come
to a large open area in the left (west) center of the map. The pool in the
exact center of this open area is a healing pool. Drinking from the pool
will restore you and save your healing potions and magical items.
50. In this large open area are four metal boxes and four sets of magical
animal statues. If you push the boxes off of the four floor plates that
they keep depressed, the Sylph of ultimate beauty will appear just to the
north of the healing well. Go talk to her and she will tell you of a
magical shield spell that she can make with rust and mold (Ed: mould if
you are from the Brittish Empire.).
51. In the far southwest corner (lower left) portion of the map, you will
hear a weeping child. You can save the little girl by jumping on one of
the broken pillars near the wall (the south or lower wall) and jumping
over the wall. You may want to save the game when you get on top of the
smaller column -- the one with only one section of the column still
standing. Break all the boxes around the girl and collect items or kill
skeletons as necessary and talk to the girl. The girl will tell you of
following her brother through the portal from Daventry. This girl will go
back to her house in Daventry at the end of the conversation. This is the
Kavanaugh child, and you can find her in the house just north of the
windmill across the bridge in Daventry.
52. Head north to the river. Save your game and use the shield on the
river. The shield will become rusted. If you walk into the blood pools or
the river you will die immediately, stay clear of them.
53. In the north west corner of the map is a building with the boatman of
the river of styx. The boatman cannot give you a ride, since both he and
his boat are etherial and cannot carry material beings. Talk to the
boatman for clues. The boatman will tell you about the magic feather and
the scales of truth.
54. Walk east along the river until you cannot go any longer. Go right
along the wall and take the first left and follow the left wall around
until you see the gate out of the level. Go past the gate and take the
first left. Watch out for the skeletons at the top of the walls now. You
will end up back by the river styx. Continue east along the river until
you reach another wall, turn right. investigate the passageways that go
off to the right and come back to the path. Save as you go to one file.
55. The second passage to the right (almost halfway down the right side of
the map) as you move south should spiral around to the left until you
reach a tower.
56. SAVE THE GAME. Use the rope and hook to climb to the top of the tower.
Kill the skeleton there and take his armor. The best way to win this fight
is to back the skeleton off the tower. Climb down the tower and the armor
will be where he fell.
57. DO NOT continue going south along this wall since the five or six
skeletons who can still kill you are there.
58. There is a tower in the approximate center of the map with four plates
around it in the NE, NW, SE, and SW corners. SAVE THE GAME before you
enter this area. If you are clever you can position yourself so that the
zombies here will die and fall on the plates. If you get one to die on the
plate, retreat and save. The remaining zombie will dive back into the
ground. You must conserve your stones. You will need them later. You can
also get to the tower by jumping up on the ornate platform with pots on it
in the northwest of open area near the healing pool. Go south until you
find a bridge, cross the bridge and it will take you to the tower. You can
climb down the tower into the area where the pressure plates and zombies
are. Save your game before you climb down.
59. Tripping one of the four pressure plates will open a corresponding
portal between two of the magical statues near the healing pool. The
northwest pressure plate opens the northwest portal and so on. Tripping
all of the plates will open all of the portals and save you many trips
shuttling back and forth to this area. After you complete all four portals
you may want to return here to get your stones.
60. Trip the northwest pressure plate and enter the northwest portal. Save
the game. There are bowmen here to kill you, kill them. If you touch the
river you will die. Jump up on the small block then over to the large one.
Save game. Back up to edge and take a running jump. Take the seventh skull
from left to right on the bottom (3rd) shelf. If you found the two messge
obilisks which had the clues for 7 and 3, this is what they were referring
to. Get the potion from the angel. In the north east side of the box,
there is a column with a crack. Push this column into the river. Save the
game. jump up on the column and make a running jump to the other side of
the river styx. Save your game if you make it.
61. Trip the north east pressure plate and go into the north east portal.
Kill the skeletal archers. Save your game. Jump over the holes in the
bridge across the styx. Put the head on the statue and get the golden
feather that falls from it. This is the feather of truth that Lord Azriel
spoke of. Take the potion and the feather. Save your game. Jump back over
the holes in the bridge. If you fail restore and try again with a
different angle. I used the railing area of the bridge and did a running
jump off the edge to the edge to get over the lethal waters below.
62. There are two portals in the south. Trip each in turn. The heart area
has a potion of reveal, get it. The scales area requires that you put the
feather on one side of the scales and you jump up onto the other side. You
will be judged as having balanced against the "feather of truth." This
will heal the heart and drain all the blood pools on the level.
63. Go to the far northeast corner of the map, travel by the edge of the
map nearest the styx river, like you did when you went over to slay the
skeleton with the armor you are now wearing. Go south from the far
northeast corner and take the first passageway off to the right (west).
Follow this west and north and east to a now drained blood pool. Pick up
the green patch of slime or mold. Return and give the mold and the rusted
iron shield to the Sylph and she will cast her protective spell on you.
64. Explore the level more thouroughly and kill most monsters, while
staying away from the five or six skeletons in the far southeast portion
of the level. You should find the dying brother of the weeping child you
saved before. There is a tower in the north central area, west of the gate
out of the level, that can be climbed with the rope and hook to yield ome
reveal invisable potion and three healing crystals. In the northeast there
is a room full of jars. Break the jars and get the healing potions inside.
You should also find the teleport circle back to Daventry from this level.
You can use the teleport circle to go back and check on the little girl at
this time if you like.
65. You should now have identified two doors that need keys. The five
nasty skeletons to the east of where you entered the level have one of the
keys. SAVE YOUR GAME, and go and kill them. Be sure to get the key.
66. The locked door in the south just to the west of the entrance you came
in from Daventry is an area where skeletons are fighting and betting on
the fights. Kill all of them and get the second key. This key opens the
jail area which is found in the area north of the healing pool area and
south of the styx boatman.
67. Open the jail area. Save your game. Clear the first room by breaking
the boxes and shooting the inhabitants. For the present time DO NOT touch
68. The door on the west wall of the first area of the jail is illusory.
Save your game and walk through this door and kill the sketal comander
beyond. Get Azrael's hammer from the altar. This is a better ranged weapon
than the one that you have.
69. Try to kill the other inhabitants of the jail from a distance without
opening the cages using the bow. There are three sets of four switches to
the east, west and south of the first room. The switches on the east wall
open some of the cages. Throw them first and do not throw the other
switches. This should allow you to walk down the cages and kill all the
inmates without them being able to get at you.
70. The switches on the west wall control the switches on the south wall.
Every time you throw a west wall switch it will close all the other west
wall switches. You can only have one open at a time. Switching one of the
west wall switches down and then switching the south wall switches down
will open that set of doors in the jail. Select the second west wall
switch and notice that all the south wall switches are now reset to the up
position. Throwing the south wall switches now will open another set of
doors. Once you have done this for all four switches all the doors will be
open. Be careful not to open all the switches at one time. This will let
all the monsters out and free to attack you.
71. Once all the monsters are dead, open all the doors and collect all the
stuff from inside the cages. Also throw the switch on the north side cage
well into the jail. This switch opens the exit out of the level of the
72. Save your game and go to the gate out of the area mentioned before. It
is open. Go forward with your bow drawn. when the animated cut-scene is
over, back up while firing to kill the other skeletons. Save your game.
73. Killing the skeletal captain, this time around will be much harder.
You can die a lot here. Be ready to use healing crystals here. This battle
is what you were saving them for. I used a ranged weapon first while
backing then drew my sword. Once he is dead get his sword, it is better
than the sword of the lake.
74. Forget your remorse about leaving Excalibur on the battle field and go
north to the open drawbridge. Hit the switch to the left (west) of the
bridge on the other side with Azrael's Hammer, and the bridge will drop
revealing the portal to the next region.
75. SAVE YOUR GAME.
76. Study the monsters of this level before preceeding. There are
Scavenger Slime, Carnivorous Plant, Mandrigor Trees, Bubble Monsters, and
Swamp Fiends. The Swamp Witch, the boss monster of this level, is in the
far south of the level across the poisonous swamp water. Don't go there
until you get the poisonous swamp water antidote. Avoid the pea soup green
poisonous water. Pay partiular attention to the bubble monsters. You can
kill them from a distance easier and they will sneak up on you if you are
not observant. The scavenger slimes are also easier to kill with a ranged
weapon. The Mandrigor Trees and Carnivorous plants require you to fight
them with your sword.
77. Just north of the passage back to the realm of death is a cove with a
golden mushroom at the back. Fight your way to the back of the cove and
hack off a piece. Pick the piece up and put it in your inventory.
78. The prophet tree is just north and west of where you come into the
level. Talk to the prophet tree a little for hints. The tree will charge
you for the privelidge. I did not pay the tree more than one time. The
hints are very poor indeed for the price.
79. Just north of the tree is a platform with a well pump and a bucket.
This is the healing spring for this level, where you can return to heal up
80. In the south east portion of the level are two huts with a horn or
hearing on a table in one room. Get all treasure. Enter the boarded up
shack by using your sword on the doors. Kill all monsters in this area
before moving on.
81. Just to the south of where you came into the level is a cove with
whispering weeds. Whispering weeds look just like groups of three people
standing together whispering. They are colored a tan color. Approach them
close enough to hear but not so close that they go under the water. Listen
to what they say by clicking the hearing horn on them. They will tell you
a secret that the swamp wisps will trade for an antidote to the poisonous
82. Keep fighting your way north along the eastern wall of the level to a
cove in the far north east, killing all monsters along the way for
experience. You must get close into the mandrigor plants to kill them by
one or two good hits to their main trunk. You will see an archer skeleton
hanging in a tree. Get the bow. Get over the remorse over leaving Azreal's
hammer deep in swamp water and get moving.
83. Fight your way to the northwest corner of the level where you will
find the swamp wisps. Talk to the wisps until you exchange a secret with
them and you see the animated sequence where they give you the flower
antidote to the poisonous swamp water. Talk to the wisps again they need
no more secrets.
84. Fight your way along the western wall of the level until you come to a
tower. Kill all the carnivorous plants you can, by getting close enough to
chop them with your sword, but not close enough for them to bite you. This
is the teleport tower, where you can teleport back to Daventry. Climb the
tower with your rope and hook to put the teleporter on your map.
85. Keep fighting south until you come to another tower where you can
climb up two sections of the tower with your rope and hook to a bridge.
The bridge leads to a door which has a hand shaped lock. You will need to
kill the henchman of Lucreto to get his hand to open this lock.
86. Move to the south center of the map and you will find an immense
tower. Save your game. Go around the right (west) side of the tower and
just bring the swamp witch (standing in the middle center on the south
side) into range of your bow. Fire quickly while healing with healing
potions. Be prepared to pull back and around the edge of the tower to get
out of range. Heal if needed and return until you kill her.
87. Go up to the door and shoot through the door at the ropes holding the
sandbags. To the right (east) you will find a room with a dead swamp
fiend, a caldron, and a recipie book. Click on them all. Take the unicorn
horn from the body of the swamp fiend. This is the horn that the Daventry
unicorn has lost. You can return the horn later. There is a rock in the
southwest portion of this first floor, find it, and get it.
88. Find the ramp up to the second floor. Notice the arrow traps set into
the right hand (north) wall as you go up the ramp. Swing your sword in
front of the traps to spring them, then walk by safely.
89. Save your game. Break barrels and get stuff. Look for the ramp up to
the third floor. Use the rock on the ramp to spring the lethal trap.
Poceed up to the third floor.
90. Go to the south tower and take the chainmail you find there. Go here
first. DO NOT open the chest first.
91. Go to the north tower and open the chest. You find a piece of the
mask. After the animated sequence you will find yourself in a battle for
your life with the henchman. Kill him and get his hand. Put hand in
92. Go back to the two level platform, that leads to a bridge, that leads
to a door with a hand shaped lock. Climb the platforms with the rope and
hook and approach the door. Save your game.
93. Open the door and proceed in to the first of the ridiculas matrix
94. The exploding stump, rock, and fireball matrix puzzle: Step
NE(diagonally right and forward), NE, N (forward), NW (diagonally left and
forward), NW, NW (the stump explodes), heal yourself, N, Save game to a
new slot, NE, and you are there. The animated sequence will carry you into
the building where there are two swamp fiends to fight, one on each side
of you. Immediately turn and hack one to death quickly, move forward, spin
around and hack the other to death.
95. Open the chest and get the golden ladle. Pull the two chain switches
and throw the switch that appears to the left of the door and leave. The
stumps are harmless.
96. This would be a good time to return to Daventry since the tower with
the teleport circle is just to the north of here. Go check on the little
girl at Kavanaugh's house and return the horn to the unicorn for
experience, cash and a dirty red pyramid magic item needed later in the
97. Go to the witche's tower. Use the golden ladle on the evil cauldron.
Witness the cut-scene animation with Mudge the King of the Swamp. Enter
the gnome realm by stepping into the whirlpool.
The Underground Realm of the Gnomes
98. Save your game.
99. Study the monsters here before proceeding. Kill the bat manta and the
rock demon with the ranged weapon by firing quickly while backing up.
100. Break every barrel you see and collect the healing items and potions.
Pick up rocks whenever you can. You need rocks for several places on the
101. Go north to the door area. Use rock on the door plate to hold the
102. At this point I took the Hex Workshop hex editing program and looked
for the gold I had, which was 1153. The item was listed as 8104 at hex
offset 37A30 in the save game file. This hex offset was the first one
found while searching from the top of the file for the hex 8104. Depending
upon your level, your gold hex offset may be in a different location. It
is better to search for your gold and your own hex offset and not trust my
location, since the save game files get larger as you progress in the
game. I changed 8104 to 8144 and got 17,000 gold pieces. This is more than
enough to buy everything at every shop in the land.
103. After exiting the door that you opened with the rock on the floor
plate, go left then go left at the first intersection. This will take you
to the south and down a level and then around to the east. Keep going
straight until you dead end at the Armor Shop in the far southeast part of
the map. The armor gnome has a bronze breastplate for sale for 350 gold
that will give you +5 to armor over what you have now, and a 250 gold
platemail breast plate that will increase armor protection by +3. Buy the
104. Go back to the pressure plate door and go east this time from the
intersection and you will find a rock where a gnome is trying to dig his
way out of the earthquake damage. Some of these gnomes will have rocks.
105. Return to the pressure plate door and go west until you dead end into
the Gnome Weapon Shop in the far southwest corner of the level. The
weapons gnome has a fine crossbow for 300 gold that will increase your
ranged weapon damage by about 50 points. Buy this bow. There is also an
Axe for 400 gold that will increase your melee damage by about 70 points.
Buy this also. You have now spent 1050 gold for armor and weapons. You
will need another 250 gold to purchase the essence of Sun Tsu later
permantently increasing strength (melee and ranged attack damage) and
106. Go back to the armor shop in the south west portion of the level and
take the first and only passage going north off of the corridor just to
the west of the shop. Go north until you reach the spiral staircase. Kill
monsters, break barrels, and gather healing and other potions as you go.
Go up the staircase. You will reach an east west corridor. The east
portion goes to a dead end with another digging gnome.
107. The west direction turns north and leads to a tunnel that leads down
and off to the east off of the main corridor and then turns to move in a
northern direction. The staircase down is an irregular one with steps of
108. Go down the staircase follow the corridor. Eventually you will come
to an area that appears to be a sheer drop into a deep pit. Be careful and
look for the almost invisable bridge just to the west (left) of center.
Walk out on this bridge until you come into a room with an old man at a
fire. Talk to the old man until he repeats what he says. He will talk
about hope and the loss of hope and the death of his tribe. Attack the
crystal near the man and break off a piece. Put the piece in your
109. Go back to the main corridor and continue around to the north east
until you reach another intersection.
110. At the intersection go east until you come to a pit that you will
have to jump over. Save the game and make a running jump. Keep going north
until you reach a rectangular chamber with a patch of yellow glowing
substance on the north wall. Use your melee weapon to chip off some of the
substance. The substance is Amberglow. Put the amberglow in your
111. Go back to the intersection and go north. Save the game before you
jump over the pit coming back. You will find the teleporter room and the
only way out of this level. You will need to return here to leave and go
to the next area (The Barren Region) when you have completed the level.
112. Go back to the intersection and go west. You will find a wall that
for the time being you cannot climb up. Later you will be able to climb
down here as a shortcut to get to the way out of the level. Remember this
location as it will save you time later.
113. Go back to the pressure plate door. You have finished searching this
114. Go west from the pressure plate door and take the first corridor to
the north (left) as you move west. This will take you to the turning
115. The turning bridge room has a bridge with two ends that go up and
down and a center section that turns around. The bridge will only turn
with the two ends up. The three pressure plates, from left to right: turn
the bridge, lower one section of the bridge and lower the other section of
the bridge. Put three rocks on the pressure plates, starting with the one
on the left first and proceeding left to right until you have the bridge
turned and extended, allowing you passage to the north out of this room.
You will need three rocks to turn and extend the bridge.
116. Go north from the turning bridge, turn left then right so you are
going north again. Take the first passage to the left (west) that you come
to and this will take you down and around to the south under the
passageway toward the turning bridge and will dead end at two doors to the
117. You will save time if you go just a little further north and use your
axe on the lock on the doors across the corridor going north and take the
lock that will be knocked off the door and put it into your inventory.
118. Go back and take the corridor to the apothicary shop.
119. The apothacary gnome sells as many as you want of healing mushrooms
(?), healing crystals (10 gold), shield potions (50 gold) and invisability
potions (100 gold). This gnome also sells one bottle of essence of Sun Tsu
which permanently increases your offensive power and defensive strength
for 250 gold. There is a catch. The gnome wants you to complete a task to
search for three items before she will agree to sell you the essence.
Click on the little statue on the pedistal and talk to the gnome
afterwards to get this conversation option to come up. She wants
amberglow, an object of iron and a tree root. You should have the
amberglow and the object of iron (the iron lock from the door) at this
time. Give her these items. You will get the tree root later. If you hex
edited your file buy whatever items you want here. If not buy the Sun Tsu
essence then spend the rest of your cash if you wish. There are more
weapons to buy in the next realm for which you may wish to save your hard
earned cash after buying the essence of Sun Tsu. Go back to the main
north-south corridor where you left it to go to the apothicary shop. Keep
going north. Do not take the first corridor to the west that you come to,
you cannot do anything there yet. Keep going north until the passagway
dead ends into the next intersection after the one that went left off of
the north-south corridor.
120. This intersection goes east and west off the north corridor. Take the
corridor to the west and explore it thouroughly. You will find a chamber
in the far northwest portion of the level and this room has several roots
in it coming out of the northern wall. Use the axe to chop off the roots
and put the root in inventory. Only one root will chop off, so keep
121. Go back to the intersection and go east this time. You will come to
an intersection that goes up and south to a room in the shape of a circle.
Just north of the corridor is an area of the wall which is bricked up with
stones. Keep going east and up until you come to a room that goes off to
the south (right) after killing two Spriggans. Go into the room, which has
one wall at a 45 degree angle, all the way to the back of the room. You
will find a place to climb up. Use your rope and hook to climb up.
122. You are in a square room with a large boulder in a circular
depression that has a smaller circular hole in the floor. Push the boulder
into the hole and jump down on top of it, Perhaps before you jump down the
hole note the passageway that leaves this room from the southeast corner.
This passageway is a shortcut back to the teleporter pad, which you saw
123. Push the large sperical boulder down the circular hall to a corridor
that goes off and down to the north. Push the sperical boulder down this
ramp. It will bust through the bricked up walls in the corridor below.
Follow the boulder down the ramp and notice the previously bricked-up door
to the north off the east-west corridor is now open.
124. On the east wall just south of the nitch where the boulder came to
rest is a wall sconce. Put the crystal shard that you found in the room
with the old man into the sconce. The shard will glow and the area will
power up lighting the entire area with an electrical blue light.
125. Follow the now open corridor to the east, north, west and then
finally north again and you will be facing a Dragon Wyrm. SAVE YOUR GAME
now. You need to draw your melee weapon and attack the Wyrm close in.
After the Wyrm is dead. Get the Wyrm's black diamond heart and walk north.
An animated cut-scene with the old man now starts. The old man turns to a
young man, who talks about your restoring faith and the now young man
disappears. Continue on north into the "Chamber of Enlightenment." There
is a pedistal with a clear crystal of the shame shape and size as the dark
red one you got from the Daventry unicorn after returning her horn. Click
on the triangle shaped stone switch to the right and below the pyrimid
pedistal and an animated cut scene message from the old man's people will
result. Take the clear pyramid and put it in your inventory. Place the
dark red pyramid on the pedistal and listen to another animated cut scene
with Lucreto. Take the dark pyramid and the lodestone from off the high
pedistal and put them into inventory.
126. Go back to the corridor that lead off to the west just beyond the
door where you found the lock. Go down this corridor. Save your game. The
corridor has large boulders that come across it and you will need to time
your movement across these boulder paths so you will not be hit by the
rolling boulders. I waited until the rock was just entering the area in
front of me and then went forward, and was never hit.
127. Continue to the east after the boulders and you will meet the sage
gnome and his celestial device. Talk to the sage until he tells you that
he needs a lodestone to trick your magic map into taking you to another
location that you have not yet been to. This new location is in the Barren
128. Give the sage gnome the loadstone from the pillar in the Chamber of
Enlightenment. The gnome alters your map.
129. Go to the apothicary gnome and give her the three items she
requested. Click on the essence of Sun Tsu statue. Click on your gold then
click on the shopkeeper and the correct amount will be deducted from your
gold. Make sure you have 250 gold to buy the essence.
130. Go to the teleport circle on the floor in the north east portion of
the gnome level. Use the shortcut by Using your rope and hook to climb up
to the circular room where you pushed the boulder down into the hole and
then use the rope and hook to climb down the cliff just to the west of the
intersection which goes north to the teleport pad to save time.
131. Teleport to the barren region.
The Barren Region
132. Save your game. You will need to save your game often here. You will
quickly get sick of jumping lava pools and hearing your screams as you die
in the fires. Use your ranged weapon to kill Pyro Demons as they emerge
from the lava for experience. Three shafts from your crossbow should be
enough. Also use your bow to kill the fire ants for one healing crystal
per ant. Collect all the healing crystals near the location where you
arrived at the level and anywhere else they are lying on the ground. Do
not even touch the lava near the shore as it will kill you. Stay away from
133. You arrive in the barren region at the lower right hand (south east)
side of the map. Just west of where you are is a bridge. If you cross the
bridge and go north, you will find the weirdling villiage comprised of two
huts. One hut, the one in the east is the weapons' smith, who is selling
weapons, but also will tell you a tale of the Basilisk, who is the boss
monster of this level. The weapons' smith will tell you that you need a
shaft and a black diamond to make a weapon. You have the diamond and can
give it to the smith now. The smith will also sell you a battle axe for
500 gold that will increase the damage over your present melee weapon by
about 20 points. Ignore the two bows because they are both no better than
the crossbow you purchased from the gnome weapon smith for 300 gold.
134. The hill dwarves to the west can help you with the shaft, but they
will not do so until you retrieve the stone of order. If you go west and
take the path up the mountain to the bridge and speak with the hill dwarf
who is blowing the horn, he will tell you about the missing stone. Just
south of the dwarf with the horn is the forge. If you talk to the dwarf at
the forge, he will refuse to do business with you because you are an
outworlder. All the dwarves here tell you where to go.
135. Go back down the mountain to the bottom and turn toward the bridge to
the north of the bridge. Save your game before walking onto the bridge.
136. The prime number bridge drum puzzle: This puzzle has a matrix of 5 x
7 blocks in the lava between the two bridge segments that go up and down
into the lava. When you step on seven of the blocks, they will be revealed
as metal with symbols on the top and they will no longer go down into the
lava and incinerate Connor. The metal blocks have symbols that represent
numbers. When the numbers from the symbols are added together the blocks
represent the prime numbers. The line is a one. The triangle is a three.
The square is a four and the star is a ten. The puzzle solution requires
that you step on the blocks in their order as prime numbers: 3, 5, 7, 11,
13, 17, and 19 is the correct order. Three is a triangle. Five is a line
and a square. Seven is a triangle and a square. Eleven is a star and a
line. Thirteen is a star and a triangle. Seventeen is a triangle, square
and a star. Nineteen is a line, two squares, and a star. Save your game
after you successfully reach each prime number block so that if you die
you can restore and try again without having to go back to the beginning.
If you have the blocks in the correct order the blocks will sound a drum
for the correct number of beats corresponding to the prime number.
137. Looking at the matrix from the bridge, the three is found one square
N and one NW diagonally from where you are standing on the bridge. Save
your game. The five block is one diagonal NW, one N, one N from the three.
Save your game. Go diagonally SE, E, E, E and E to the seven block from
the five. Save your game. From the seven block go S, S, and SW to the
eleven. From the eleven go NW, NW, E, E and E to the thirteen. From the
thirteen go E, E, E, NE, and NE to the seventeen block. From the seventeen
block go S and SW to the nineteen block.
138. Looking at the matrix with the x,y coordinates with origin in the
lower left (south west) of the matrix the blocks are in the following
positions: 3 is 3x,2y. 5 is 2x, 5y. 7 is 7x, 4y. 11 is 6x,1y. 13 is at 1x,
3y. 17 is at 6x, 5y. 19 is at 5x, 3y.
139. Once the last metal block chimes, a row straight up the middle will
form to the other side, just next to the 19th block. The bridge is now
140. go north and east through the ant hill like lava geysers. Do not get
too close since the lava spray will damage Connor. Keep going north across
the field until you can turn left and up the hill to the west up onto the
pyramid with a ramp. At the top of the pyramid take the fire gem which you
will need later in the Frozen Reaches. Meet the archon in a vision.
141. Head around to the southeast and then to the northeast until you come
to a group of broken bridges into the lava. Save your game. Jump from one
bridge to the next, saving your game after each successful jump and
killing the Pyro Demons as they emerge from the lava with your crossbow
until you reach the tower.
142. Climb the tower with your rope and hook. Save the game. Step out on
the colorful platform and notice that seven gongs will turn to face
Connor. The gongs are from lower left to behind the stone and back to the
lower right in the following color order: 1. light blue, 2. orange, 3.
dark blue, 4 (straight ahead) red, 5. green (just to the right of the
gong), 6. purple, and 7. yellow. Shoot the gongs in the correct order
which is the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, light
blue, dark blue and purple. Shoot the red gong first it is just behind the
stone straight ahead and small bridge will start to build. When you shoot
the correct gong it glows its color and makes a musical note in the seven
note musical scale do, ray, me, fa, so, la, and ti. Shoot the orange gong
which is the middle one of the three on the left. and continue on until
you get all of them. Take the stone of order.
143. Save your game and continue the process of jumping and saving until
you are out of the lava.
144. If you feel like taking the risk, some of the bridge goes off to the
east and has many healing crystals on it. You can jump and save over to
them, restoring if you incinerate yourself.
145. Once off the broken bridge and away from the lava save your game and
return to the hill dwarves to give them back their stone of order. Now the
hill dwarf smith will make you the shaft for the pike and all the dwarves
will honor you.
146. Go to the weirdling smith shopkeeper and give him the shaft. He will
take the shaft and the black diamond heart and make a black diamond heart
pike to kill the basilisk with.
147. Go to the area with the basilisk. Then go up the hill on the east
side of the basilisk and continue around to the west where the trail
branches until you come to, yes you guessed it, another lava pool with
rocks in it.
148. Save your game. Jump from rock to rock saving as you go until you
reach the vertical cliff that rises above the back of the basilisk. Once
to the cliff, where the basilisk is on the other side to the south, use
your rope and hook to climb to the top.
149. Jump down on the basilisk from the cliff above and behind the
monster. An animated cut-scene depicts you killing the beast. Cut off the
toungue of the beast with your fist. Put the basilisk toungue in your
inventory. Get over the remorse you feel because yet another wonderous,
magical weapon, the diamond heart pike with the magical alloy shaft, is
forever lost to you.
150. Move across the bridge which goes west from the dead basilisk area.
Use this opportunity to kill Pyro Demons for experience.
151. Use the rope and hook to climb to the roof of yet another tomb from
the north side. Climb down or jump down the hole in the roof.
152. Notice the pattern of four symbols on the walls and the direction of
the arrows below them. The correct order of the symbols is the weird
sideways smiley face, triangle, circle and square. Notice the arrows are
pointed backwards in one group of symbols and forwards in the other. The
direction of the arrows tells the correct order the symbols must be pushed
to open the secret room. Get the sword from the sarcophagus. Push the
symbols around the sarcophagus in the correct order and go to where the
secret door opened and retrieve the newest suit of armor for this level.
153. Click on the dead warrior and a key will drop on the ground. Pick up
154. Go back up the path to the north where you turned to the west to the
jumping rocks in the lava pool. Go east at the intersection and then go
north west until you find the fire dwarf area. Open the door to the fire
dwarf area with the key from the sarcophagus.
155. Kill the bowmen and retrieve the fire bow which is marginally better
than the bow you are using. Some dwarves are using hammers which you
should avoid picking up because they are much worse than the sword you
took from the crypt.
156. Follow the ramp around until you find the area with three buttons,
three ramps and three doors. Kill all the fire dwarves you find with the
quick application of the bow at long distance.
157. Use the bow to fire at the buttons and extend all the ramps.
158. Enter the first door on your left. Throw the switch on the wall and
release the snow queen prisoner. An animated sequence will ensue where she
opens a secret door and runs off.
159. Get the steam valve cap from the cell on the left.
160. Enter the secret room and kill the fire dwarf. There is a wall safe
on one of the walls of the room with a symbol lock. Press the symbols in
the same order as in the crypt and the safe will open. Get the steam valve
cap from the safe.
161. Save your game. Exit the first room and enter the second room and
open the chest to retrieve the next piece of the Mask of Eternity. One of
Lucreto's Henchmen will attack you in a fight to the death.
162. Exit the second room and enter the third room across the third ramp.
Kill the fire dwarf. Put one pipe cap on one of the pipes that flank the
elevator platform that looks like the Enterprise transporter platform.
Turn around and shoot the wall button with your newly acquired fire bow.
You may need to change the camera angle with your mouse to be able to fire
the bow at the button on the wall opposite the elevator.
163. When you arrive at the second level get the ice queen's scepter which
is lying on the floor in the room.
164. Get back on the pad and shoot the wall button again with your bow.
You will appear on level one.
165. Get out of the elevator and put the second steam cap on the other
pipe flanking the elevator platform so that both caps are on both pipes.
Turn around and fire the bow at the button and you will trave to the
The Frozen Reaches
166. Save your game.
167. The mundane monsters of the Frozen Reaches include Frost Demons,
Gryphs, and Ice Orcs. Kill all of these from long range with the bow. When
the archer Ice Orcs die pick up their ice crossbows since they are better
than the fire bow. The best way to kill these monsters is with the bow
while backing up. Special monsters on this level include one invisable
snow mane, a two-headed dragon and the Icelord. Unfortunately the Icelord
lives in a stronghold, NOT an ice keep.
168. Immediately cross the way to the ice palace and give the ice scepter
to the ice queen. The queen will inform you that the scepter controls the
ice dragon found in the east which can carry you across the ice lake. The
queen will tell you to keep the scepter and implores you to save the king
of the gryphs from the Icelord who has imprisoned him in the keep.
169. If you go west just a bit on the level you will find a gryph who has
grabbed an ice maiden and is holding her. An animated sequence will ensue
followed by a battle with the gryph.
170. If you go to the east, you will find the ice dragon, but the switch
to the shutters is broken. You will need to push the ice block under the
ice dragons, ice shutters to pull the broken ice chain and let the dragon
out. I could not jump onto the block until I faced away from the block on
the south or north side and backflipped onto the block. I kept sliding off
when I running jumped from the front or never could get the height. Once
on the top of the block, pull the chain to open the door and let the
171. Use the ice scepter on the ice dragon and you will jump up on the
dragon. The dragon will fly you over the ice to the north shore of the ice
lake where the dragon will remain until you need passage back to the south
side of the ice lake.Work your way to the far north east corner of the
map. On your way there, you will be attacked by the invisable snow mane.
The snow mane cannot be attacked and is invulnerable unless you use a
reveal potion to nullify its magic. Once visable kill the beast quickly.
172. Once the beast is dead, keep moving north and east to the ice lake at
the north east corner of the map. Use a rock on the ice lake three times
to break up the ice. Then take the fire ruby from the Barren Region and
click it on the ice lake. Then click on the flaming sword and it will
replace the sword in your inventory. The indecipherable marker describes
this very processs.
173. Work your way west and south and you should find two towers guarded
by a pair of Ice Orcs each. One tower is in the west and one is in the
east just north of the ice lake. Kill the Frost Demons with your bow while
backing up. You should be able to kill all of them this way. Both towers
must be climbed with the rope and hook to get to the roof. The east tower
has access through a trap door in the roof to the inside of the tower,
where you will find potions and healing magic items. From the west tower
you can find the passageway behind it to the northwest corner of the map
where the portal to the next realm is. For now just shoot the Frost Demons
on the path there. There is another stone sign here that describes how you
kill the two headed dragon that guards the exit from this land and the
entrance to the next. You must cut off its heads with the flaming sword.
174. The Icelord's Fortress is in the north center of the map behind two
lakes. You can explore the overlook on the other side of the lake, but you
cannot get to the Fortress from the south. While you are here kill both of
the two Ice Orcs at the front of the Fortress.
175. Just south and east of the western tower is path north and up into
the mountains. This path turns east and moves along the edge of the cliff
until you get to a small, heavily-guarded passage that goes west and north
into the Icelord's fortress.
176. Work your way around the Fortress to the north side where you can use
your rope and hook to climb to the top of the Fortress. If you walk close
to the grating in the roof over the throne room an animated cut scene will
begin showing Lucreto ordering the Icelord to kill you and the Icelord
ordering his general to go out and find you.
177. Go to the cells in the second level of the keep and meet the Gryph
178. Go to the front of the castle and jump off on top of the Ice Orc who
has now moved to protect the front of the Fortress.
179. Get the key that the Ice Orc drops and go around to the north side to
climb up to the roof again and free the GriphKing.
180. Save your game. As you walk out of the cell area back toward the
grating over the Fortress throne room, an animated cut-scene will start.
An Ice Orc will jump on you from above and knock both of you through the
grating into the throne room. You will confront the Icelord and when
control returns, you will battle him to the death -- hopefully his.
181. The chest next to the Icelord's throne contains a blue medallion that
helps decipher ancient writing. Clicking this stone on any of the stone
signs in this level will enable you to read them.
182. Pick up the large icecycle that is on the floor near the grating and
the impaled Ice Orc. Go to the front door to the keep and open it. Click
on the gap between the door floor to the keep and the front stoop of the
Fortress. Put the icecycle down in the gap. Use the sword to melt the
icecycle into a pool of water and use an ice crossbow to freeze the water
into a long thin rod.
183. Pick up the rod and return to the throne area. Save your game. Put
the rod into the slot to the right of the locked door in the throne room.
The door will open. Enter the door and another cut scene will show you
hitting the statue next to the chest in the room. You open the chest to
find the next mask piece. Then the pieces of the broken ice statue reform
into one of Lucreto's Henchmen who attacks you. Kill the henchman.
184. Once the henchman is dead, go back to the ice dragon and fly back to
the south side of the lake. Go all the way to the south west corner of the
map and speak with the Gryph King in his palace there.
185. The gryph king will give you a blue adamant gemstone.
186. Return to the Icelord's fortress via ice dragon airlines and climb
the north wall of the building to get on the roof. Enter the cell area
just oposite the cells in the southern portion of the fortress. Place the
basilisk toungue, the blue adamant and the golden mushroom slice on the
chair and activate the controls to the left (south) of the chair. This
will activate a permanent spell of strength that will increase your attack
damage and your defense strength. If you have not done it before read the
scroll for the spell of might that you picked up earlier in the game.
187. The passage to the northwest corner of this level begins to the south
side of the western tower. This passage curves around to the west of the
western tower and continues north until you reach a wall.
188. Use your rope and hook to climb the wall and save your game. You now
face the two-headed dragon. Equip the flaming sword and move into where
you can see the necks of the dragon clearly. When fighting only hit the
necks and you will vanquish the dragon by cutting off his two heads. The
body and legs of the dragon are invulnerable.
189. Continue to the back of the chamber and jump down through the hole
and move north into the next realm.
190. This area is very simple and has no monsters.
191. Walk north until you get to the temple with a pyrimid like structure
in the center.
192. Place the clear pyrimid on this pedastal. Keep trying it is not easy.
193. You will get another communication or vision from the chief archon.
The archon will teleport you to the Realm of the Sun.
The Realm of the Sun
194. Save your game. Once in the realm of the sun there is no turning
195. The monsters here include water snakes, henchmen and shadow demons.
The shadow demons pop up when you step on pressure plates on the floors of
the larger rooms and hallways. The henchmen guard nearly every corner and
196. Kill the water snakes under the water in the water room to the south
and west of your entrance. Go to the south west corner of the room and use
your rope and hook to climb into a small nitch above the ceiling. Break
the vase and look down to find the mask medallion. Pick up the medallion.
197. The Realm of the Sun is composed of four separate levels. You start
in the south east corner of the first level. The stairs up to level two
are in the north west corner of the level.
198. In the south west corner of the level is a room with the archons and
a tablet on the holy sun altar. Listen to the wispering of the archons to
get more clues at how to win this level. You should take the holy tablet
of knowledge. Work your way to the north east corner of the level and an
archon will let you into the hall of truths.
199. The hall of truth has three doors one each: west, north and east. If
you walk in the west door you will see a monster floating on thin air.
Keep walking into the void and up to the monster and he will turn into a
200. Take the key and move south and a little east to find a door with a
keyhole. Use the key to open the door.
201. Inside the door take the Temple Sword and another animated cut-scene
will show your tablet hit by a lightning bolt that inscribes the meaning
of truth on the tablet.
202. Go back to the door in the north west of the level and click the
newly enscribed tablet on the locked door under the magic mouth to open it
and the way to level two of the Realm of the Sun.
203. Save your game.
204. In this level the archon and the room, called the Hall of Light on
level 2, with the puzzle is in the south east, but this room can only be
reached by going to the north east portion of the level and going directly
south to the south east room.
205. In the Hall of Light, push the book and the pedistal to the center of
the circle of light and a key will appear. Take the key. Your tablet will
be inscribed with the Light passage.
206. Go to the room with the keyhole in the center of the level just north
of where you come in and open the door. Enter the room and take the Temple
Armor to go with your Temple Sword.
207. In the south west portion of this level is a locked door with no
keyhole. You open the door by finding the unlit wall candle and pulling
it. This switch will open the door. Beyond the door is another chest with
another mask piece. You now have the entire mask. The unlit candle is in a
north to south corridor just north of the door. From the door go north
(up) then turn left. Follow the passage way north and west around to the
room. Exit the room by the other door and you are looking at the unlit
208. Go to the cauldron room in the north east corner of the map. This is
the room where Lucreto is using the cauldron to make his henchmen. Use the
mask medallion you found in the water snake pool on level one on the
cauldron to purify it. The cauldron becomes a healing pool where Connor
can return to heal up.
209. Go to the door in the north wall of the northwest corner of this
level and use the newly inscribed tablet on the door below the magic mouth
to open the door to the third level.
210. Save your game
211. This level is organized like a diamond with the significant rooms at
the north center, south center, and west center edges of the map. You
arrive on the level at the west center edge of the map.
212. Make your way to the north center following the winding corridor to
the north and west.
213. Click on the archon and he will let you in. There are nine stones
with a graphic of mask pieces on the top. The pieces are all mixed up. You
need to push the nine mask pieces around until they form an entire mask.
This one is easy but takes some time to accomplish. There is plenty of
room to push the pieces around to. The finished mask must be in the center
of the depression in the middle of the room and fully cover the grid shown
under the stone pieces there.
214. When you get the mask finished the door on the north end of the room
opens and you can step through and get the golden key.
215. Make your way south and east via the winding corridor to the large
room on the east center edge of the map. Save your game. This room has two
zombies, two skeletal archers and an archer captain. Lure the captain from
the room and finish him off with your sword. Likewise lure the zombies to
where you can kill them with arrows. You can either rush the two remaining
archers or try to kill them with arrows at a distance. Once killed move to
the back (east end) of the room and open the door with the keyhole with
the key from the north central room. Get the chalace and your tablet
inscribes with the last important message.
216. Go to the door with the magic mouth above on the north side of the
south central room. Click the tablet with the inscriptions on the door and
217. Save your game.
218. Once you click on the archon, you will go though the door and be in
the last battle with Lucreto.
219. Lucreto cannot be killed but he can be knocked back into the
whirlpool once the mask is restored to its altar. Your object is to get
very close to the altar and place those pieces. Lucreto will try to stop
you, knocking you back away from the altar.
220. Strategy: Completely heal Connor after every time Lucreto sprays you
with his magic staff. The staff will take half Connors health. When
Lucreto closes with you and uses his staff to melee, two swipes of your
sword will take him down. Heal if needed. Move quickly up to the altar and
place mask pieces until Lucreto stops you and sprays you with the staff
again. Repeat the process until all Mask pieces are placed.
221. After the Mask is placed a magic portal whirlpool will open behind
Lucreto. Move around the altar quickly and strike him with your sword to
knock him back into the portal. After about five or six swings he should
be sucked in.
222. Relax and enjoy the animated cut-scene movie ending. It looks like
the animated sequences with full length animated films. Very nice detail
and beautiful rendering of the mask under blue light. All the inhabitants
of Daventry will be restored including King Graham, his minister, the
beautiful Sarah and others. The game ends here and you cannot go back and
visit the people you saved. Or try to complete the remaining puzzles and
tasks left undone.
223. This walkthrough will give you 6560065 points out of 6631364 points.
Any help on where the other points can be gained would be appreciated.
Just email me and don't forget to give me the full and unabreviated name
of the game in the same email with your questions, comments, suggestions,
additions, corrections, accolades and criticizms.