By Mark Fox
Lighthouse the Dark Being is a Trademark of Sierra On-Line, Inc.
Lighthouse is an excellent adventure game designed with the die-hard gamer in
mind. The puzzles are
challenging and the animation is superb. Although there has been some concern
and/or software bugs, the author has experienced only the slightest technical
difficulties. As you read this
walkthrough, please note that there are several available paths which can lead
to a successful conclusion.
I have attempted to select the most complete and interesting of those paths to
include here (as well as the
most efficient). However, most of the information contained herein will be
useful and applicable to the
majority of Lighthouse players. You can get more information, cheats, hints,
strategies and news about
this and other hot games on the Internet's Cheat Zone at
http://www.cheatzone.com (This file will be
updated often. Check the cheat Zone for the latest updates and news.)
* Click on the chair to move it.
* Click on the desk drawer and read the journal.
* Click the box on the desk and take the lighter.
* Click on the telephone and listen to the messages. Pay special attention the
* Turn to the right and you will see the lighthouse get struck by lightning
through the window. Turn back
to the left (twice) and click on the window table. Move the contents of the
drawer around and take you car
* Take the umbrella and the bag. They are both hanging on the coat rack.
* Open the front door and click your keys on the opening. You will drive to the
* Once at the lighthouse, take the letter from inside the mailbox.
* Walk two screens towards the front door. Click on the black lantern and take
the small key from inside.
* Walk closer to the front door and then position your cursor so that it is
* Move the four items around by clicking on them and holding while you move the
mouse. You will find
the front door key under one of the objects (this changes from game to game).
* Backup and go around to the right side of the house. Click on the storage
shed and unlock the lock with
the small key from the lantern.
* Take the crow bar and then click on the breaker box.
* Reset all three breakers. You will notice that the third one will not reset
yet. The lights are come back
* Unlock the front door with the key and go inside.
* Go through the door on your left. It is the kitchen / living room.
* Read the papers on the counter.
* Click on the refrigerator and take the bottle of milk.
* Click on the bookshelf behind you. Take the compass from the second shelf.
* Go across the hall into the baby's bedroom and pick up the toy soldier on the
* Click on Amanda. Give her the bottle when she starts to cry.
* Turn to your right and click on the papers which are on the night stand table.
* Turn around and take the alarm clock from the small table.
* Leave the bedroom
* At any point in time from here, you may hear Amanda start to cry. As soon as
you hear her crying, drop
whatever you are doing and go into her room. You will see the Dark Man
kidnapping her. This
walkthrough assumes that you DO NOT follow him into the porthole (although that
is a option for a later
* Go into the study / den.
* Click on the several books which are on the second shelf of the bookcase to
reveal a hidden, wall safe.
* Turn to your left and take the following items from the small, shelving unit :
1. small mechanical bird
2. shell Collection
3. two, tear shaped, red objects
* Turn around and click on the top drawer of the desk. Take the letter opener.
* Click on the letter in your inventory (it will be displayed in a window). Now
click on the letter opener
and use it to...that's right...open the letter.
* Read the letter and notice the numbers at the bottom. This is the combination
to the wall safe (5-18-28)
* Click on the wall safe and enter the combination. 5 right, 18 left (past
zero), 28 right.
* Once opened, click on the handle and take the documents from inside (read
them). Notice the date
which is written on page 59 (8-24-96). It is the combination to the locked door
in the hallway (Dr. Krick's
* Open the desk and click on the papers. Read the papers and notice the picture
on page 118 of the bird
in a circle.
* Click on the cube inside the desk.
* Turn the cube around and click on the spinner on one of the sides. It will
open to display a series of
wooden blocks. Click on the light colored blocks starting from the top. Work
your way down and from
left to right. Once these are set, you can slide some of the lower blocks
around until you reveal a small,
red button. Press this button. Another part of the box will open to display a
large, red button. Click it.
Now click on the small, gray button on the adjacent side of the cube and then
again on the large, red
button. A small drawer will open. Take the key from inside the drawer. Click
the red button again and
another panel will open only slightly. Turn the cube so that the partial
opening is facing you. Now click
on the light, brown square in the lower, right corner of the opening. A picture
puzzle is revealed.
You probably hate these things as much as I do. If you'd like this
puzzle to be solved automatically then do the following (of course you can
TRY to do it yourself first):
"Click on the small square of wood that opens the panel that covers the hawk
puzzle. After the panel opens, exit to the long shot of the desk. Do this 4
times and a "solve it?" button will appear that will automatically solve the
hawk puzzle. It takes a while, but not as long as solving the puzzle!"
(The above section in quotes was sent to me by Jon Bock, creator of
Lighthouse. Thanks to Jon for this great cheat)
* Rearrange the tiles to reproduce the picture of the bird in the journal.
Start by trying to create the outer
circle first. Once completed, the box will display a sheet of paper with a
series of symbols on it.
* Write these symbols down. They are probably (from top to bottom) a circle,
triangle, square and cross.
Click on the paper. Now turn the box and click on one of the side spinners.
Turn the cube again and
click on one of the gray, side buttons. Another flap will open displaying
several color plates and two fish
outlines. Click in all four blue plates and then click the lower fish symbol.
Click on the button which is
revealed by the fish. Now click on all four gray (not brown) plates and then on
the upper fish. Insert the
little key into the keyhole which is revealed by the upper fish. The panel will
open displaying a gray disk.
This is all which can be done right now. You will complete the remainder of
this puzzle later.
* Go into Krick's lab by entering the combination into the keypad on the door
(8-24-96). (A small note
here- I was contacted by one of Sierra's game programmers who told me that this
combination was his
* Click on the large white / red machine. Open the panel and click in the
button to active the machine.
* Click on the white box by the door. Use your crow bar on it twice to pry it
open. Take one of the green,
* Click on the work table and take the following items.
- soldering gun
- small, black wire (in front of the microscope)
- read the papers on the table
* Open the panel of the large, white, hourglass shaped unit beside the main
* Remove the blown fuse and replace it with the one from your inventory.
* Remove the burnt wire and replace it with the one from your inventory. Solder
both sides of the wire
with your soldering gun.
* Click on the central control unit and switch on all eight of the small, black
* Pull the first lever to raise the light.
* Go up the wooden stairs and smash the lock with your crow bar (3 times)
* Go through the hatch. Open the light's lens and replace the green, light unit
with the one in your
* Plug the whole light unit in by inserting the white wire which is hanging from
the ceiling above the
* Exit the lab. Go outside the house to the storage shed. You can now reset
the 3rd breaker.
* Go back into the lab and take another one of the green, light units from the
white box. You will keep
this in your inventory as a safe guard and for convenience.
* Click the flashing "retry" on the computer's screen to activate the program.
* Turn around and pull the 2nd lever on the control unit to activate the
porthole. Go into the porthole.
* Find your way to the beach where you will see a dock. This may take some time
and walking around.
As you walk around here, pick up as many little stones as you can find (at least
two but four is better).
* Click on the bottle in the sand which is to the left the dock. Click on the
cork and take the letter. Read
the letter and note the vague coordinates (20 degrees north, 118 degrees west).
* Go to the end of the dock and take the metal rod.
* Now walk over to the tower.
* Click on the small, gray dial on the left pillar. Insert your metal rod into
* Click on the rod patterns. Use the control to navigate the hook down to the
white hook at the bottom of
the rods. The draw bridge will open once you have raised the lower hook.
* Go up the stairs all the way to the green gate. A mechanical bird will swoop
down and perch itself in
front of you. DO NOT try to pass him.
* Click on the toy soldier in your inventory and remove the key from his back.
Now click on the small
bird in your inventory and insert the key into its back. Click your bird onto
the cuckoo clock. Click on
the pendulum. The mechanical bird will take off.
* SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
* You must act quickly here. Go through the door and then directly over to the
desk (no looking around
first). Click on the very small drawer in the bottom, right corner of the desk
(it's hard to see it). Click on
the two screws and then on the piece of wood once the screws have fallen off.
Get the key. Now quickly
close the window gate and lock it with the key. This prevents the Bird Man from
getting in and giving
you a hard time by stealing things before you.
* You can now relax. Go back to the desk and open the large, bottom, left
drawer. Look at the files and
take the key which is between the 3rd and 4th files.
* Open the middle desk drawer and take the lever handle. It's what the Bird Man
wanted to take.
* Open the upper, left drawer. Click on the bottom, left side of the junk, then
the upper right, then the
center. Take the piece of coiled metal from the drawer.
* Open the center cupboard of the desk and read the available scrolls.
* Use your small key to open the upper, right drawer (by the skull). Take the
* Now move the clear and orange vases to other places on the desk. One can go
beside the skull and the
other can be placed beside the brown vase on the left.
* Click on the opening where the vases were. Now slide over the shelf and take
the light bulb shaped
* Click on the dead guy and remove his medallion. (You may also knock his head
off if you like).
* Notice the hanging ladder above the plant. You will need a remote control to
* Exit this room and go back down the stairs to the other door.
* Go through the door and walk towards the Bird Man. He will close his gate on
* Notice the lever he pulled to close the gate. (it's to the right).
* Throw one of your stones at his head and then another, immediately, at the
lever. The gate will rise and
you can go in. The Bird Man will fly away after "telling" you what he thinks.
* Now quickly close the window gate and lock it with your key. If you don't, he
will sneak back in and
bust up the remote control unit.
* Click on the large table and take the four sided wrench and the nuts and
* Click on the small table and take the remote control unit.
* Place the remote control unit on the table with the drill arm. Now click on
the remote. Click on the
close-up of the drill head and it will open the remote.
* Use your 4 way wrench to tighten both of the nuts. Remove the old coiled
piece of wire between the
nuts and replace it with the one from your inventory. Close the unit by
clicking on the drill. Take the
fixed unit and go back up to the dead guy's bedroom.
* Look at the ladder. Click on the remote in your inventory and press the first
square button and then the
center round button. Go up the ladder.
* Pick up the drive wheels on the floor (2 of them). Click on the desk and take
the allen key. Take the
crank handle which is hanging from a post.
* Click on the large, block control unit and insert your two drive wheels into
it under the one which is
already in place. Attach your crank arm.
* Now use the allen key on the release unit on the wall. Pull the handle.
* Your bat ship will roll down the ramp.
* You may go up the ladder in this room (just for the view for the sake of this
* Turn the crank on the drive wheels 14 revolutions clockwise.
* Click on the cockpit. Click on the brown button on the lever clasp. Pull the
lever to take off. You will
fly to the temple where the bat ship will perch itself. If you were to take a
different path from here
(through a pothole etc.) you could use the whistle in your inventory to call to
your bat ship from the tower
where you just took off. However, the path I take in this walkthrough does not
require this action. Try it
in a latter game.
* Go up the elevator and into the door directly in front of you. Lyril will
show herself to you. Click on
her. Click on her again until she mentions shells and nuts and bolts. Give her
your shells and nuts and
bolts when she does. Click on her many more times until she starts to repeat
herself (she is very long
winded!...much like my walkthroughs)
* When you try to back out she will tell you that she has more to say. Listen
to her some more. Show her
the letter which you found in the bottle on the beach.
* Click on the center control arm. Lyril will tell you that she does not trust
you enough yet to let you have
* Click on the side, wooden control unit and play with the levers. Keep doing
it until Lyril gets mad and
leaves (this is just for fun).
* Exit this room and go into the far right room. You will see a pod shaped
(garlic) creature in the middle
of the room.
* Ring the creature's left bells and then the right ones. Its eyes will open.
Ring the left bells and then the
right ones again. The pod will open up.
* Turn the two, small lever arms so that a vertical opening is seen. Pull the
large, straight lever towards
you. Now ring the left and then the right bells again. Pull the coiled lever
to the left. A disk will drop
into the lower opening. Take the disk.
* Exit and go into the room at the far left of the Temple.
* Put your disk into the blue circle to your left. When you push the button, a
recording of Lyril will play.
* Go back to the center room. If Lyril isn't there, knock on here doors and she
should come out.
* Go over to the wooden control unit and slide the horizontal switch. Bird Man
should come in and
attack Lyril (maybe to shut her up!). Slide the horizontal lever to move the
magnet as close to the Bird
Man as possible. Now pull the vertical lever repeatedly until the Bird Man gets
trapped on the magnet.
* Click on Lyril. She now trusts you. Listen to everything she has to say.
* Go to the central control arm in the room and pull it towards you.
* From this room you must retrieve the following items: a circuit board from the
box in front of you, an
odd shaped item with three extremities from a square box, three various items
from the three wooden
crates (these items connect together to form a replacement part for the porthole
generator in another part
of the Temple), and finally, the drawing from the wall above the large display /
* Click on the control unit in this room (left, then right buttons). Note the
coordinates which are
displayed (22.01 degrees north, 119.11 degrees west). These are the coordinates
to the volcano.
* Use the central lever to go back up to the main floor.
* Now push the lever away from you to ascend to the dome. Lyril will join you
* You will see three power modules at the side of this room. Plug in the one to
the far left.
* Go to the main control unit and pull the main, center breaker (has 4 red
lights beside it). Flick the large
switch to the right of the breaker. Turn on the four monitors to the left and
the one to the right. The
monitor to the right has a couple of dials. Turn the first dial until you see a
picture of the lighthouse.
Turn the second dial until you see a picture of Krick's laboratory. Click the
small, black button on the
second dial to set the destination. The screen will change to black with red.
* Look at the LOWER part of the center console. Pull the large, left lever down
(extends platform) and
then pull the right lever (opens roof). Push the lower, left button (to power
the lower monitor) and align
the lines on the screen with the center of the circle by using the four control
knobs around the monitor.
Lower the two small levers at the top of the monitor. Pull the small breaker at
the bottom right of the
monitor (it will reset itself).
* SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
* Pull the large, slider lever to the right. Watch the gauge carefully. Click
on the slider lever again as
soon as the gauge is on the red line (must be exactly on the red line...not
below or above but ON the red
line). If it goes past the red line the unit will blow. If it does, you can
either start a saved game of replace
the module with the one from your inventory (located at the very top of the
control unit in a cupboard).
* Pull the breaker under the monitor again. The porthole will be created on the
platform. Go into the
porthole. Lyril will (of course) have a few more words for you as you enter the
* Exit the lab and go into the study / den. Click on the puzzle box.
* Click your medallion onto the gray disk followed by your two red, tear shaped
pieces. Click the top
button. Here you must line up the shapes (patterns may change from game to
game). Start with any
shape and line up all of the rings with the same shape. Keep doing this until
you hear a click and then
move onto the next shape. Once you've gone through all of the shapes, the
puzzle should be almost
completely unlocked. Now enter the shapes in the sequence which the cube
displayed to you on a piece of
paper earlier (usually circle, triangle, square, cross). The puzzle is finally
complete (and you hear a really
bad piano riff). Take the small bottle.
* Go back into the lab. Go up the stairs and replace the green bulb. Take
another bulb from the white
box (last one). Reset the computer and then pull the switch on the control
unit. Enter the porthole.
* Go up the tower's stairs and into the first door (where Bird Man was working).
* Go down the right side passage way.
* You will see a crane. Click on the crane's control box. Notice two round
weights and a metal ring
behind the crane. Also notice a platform under the crane's hook.
* Use the crane's horizontal control lever to place it's hook directly above one
of the weights. Lower the
crane's hook using the vertical switch and pick up the weight. You must be
EXACTLY over the weights
etc. for the vertical switch to work. Now bring the weight over to the platform
and release it there. Do
the same thing for the second weight. Use the same action to lift the metal
ring. This will cause the gate
to open. Note: If you have trouble centering the weights over the platform,
you may turn to the left or
right and the crane will center itself over the platform.
* Walk towards the sub. Spin the fly wheel on the control unit to extend the
bridge. Lock the bridge in
place by click on the black locking arm.
* Open the submarine's hatch and get in. Go to the front of the sub and turn
the key which is under the
* Take the lever control arm out of your inventory and place it in the small,
cylindrical tube to your right.
It is the throttle control arm.
* The three keys to the left (from bottom to top) are for powering: diving
control, navigation computer
control, main engine control.
* The two keys to the right control the door locks. The first one is for the
bridge door and the second is
for the engine room doors. Make sure both are in the upright position at all
* Note that the three keys to your left are in the off position when facing you.
* You will often lose all power if you turn all three system on at the same
* Turn only the bottom key on for now.
* Back up and click on the "computer" unit to your left. This is your diving
control unit (the light is
flashing so you know there is power). Pull the two small levers down. Spin the
first wheel. Water will
begin to enter the left tube. When the water reaches the blue line, quickly
spin the second wheel. The sub
* Now turn on your main engine power key (top key). Go to the back of the sub
and open the door by
spinning the fly wheel. Go into the engine room. You know there is power here
because of the blue lights
and steam. Pull the large lever to the right to engage engines.
* Now that the main engines are running, you may turn on the final key
(navigational computer power).
* Go to the center of the sub. There are a few small tubes beside the
navigation control pad. The tube to
the right has a map in it. The map gives the coordinates of 20.67 degrees
north, 118.96 degrees west.
These are the coordinates to the shipwreck. These ones are much more accurate
than the ones from the
map in the bottle on the beach.
* Click on the globe beside the navigational control pad. The monitor is
displayed. Click on the control
pad's left, golden globe (north positioning) and enter 20.67. Click on the
control pad's right, golden globe
(west positioning) and enter 118.96. Now press enter.
* The new position to the shipwreck is now displayed on the monitor. While you
are here, enter the
coordinates for the volcano. They are 22.01 degrees north, 119.11 degrees west.
* To summarize, there are now four locations displayed on the map. The top one
is the Volcano, the
center one (island) is the Fortress, the one to the right is the Tower and the
bottom one is the Shipwreck
(these are my names for the locations not Sierra's)
* Click on the bottom red star for the shipwreck. The coordinates will be
automatically entered. Press
* Go to the front of the sub and push the throttle lever forward to sail to the
Shipwreck - Mini Submarine
* Go to the back of the sub and go down the hatch. This is the Mini-Sub.
* Pull the second white lever above your head to close the hatch. Now pull the
first lever to unlock the
mini sub. Turn to your right and pull the diving lever. Pull the first switch
on the far right of the
windows to activate the robot arm and controls. The ball in the center directs
the sub and the left control
arm activates the motion. You must click on either side of the ball (NOT on the
* Perform these motions with the mini sub: set the ball to the right and pull
the lever, now just pull the
lever again without touching or setting the ball, set to the right and pull, set
to the right and pull, set to the
right and pull, just pull without setting the ball.
* When the mini sub is over the opening in the front of the boat, turn to your
right and pull the diving
lever again to lower the sub into the opening.
* Turn the sub twice to the left or until you see a hook on the wall. Move your
robot arm slightly to the
left and slightly more up. Use the other switch to extend the arm for grabbing.
You must get that hook.
You must have the arm in the exact position in order to do this. You will have
to fine tune your robot
arm's position in relation to the hook in order to get it.
* Once you have the hook, use the diving switch to ascend again. Once you are
out of the ships hold,
enter these movements: left, left, just the arm-no ball, left, left, just the
* You will see a skull. Pull your dive switch to ascend. Turn the sub once to
the left. You will see a safe
here. There are two pieces of wood against the safe. Use the robot arm to
remove the lower one (hard to
see). You will not be able to move the other piece of wood with the arm. Now
turn the sub to the left
once. You must now put the hook (at the end of the remote arm) into the hole in
front of the sub. Once
again you will have to find tune the arms position in order to get the hook in.
Once you get it in, the
second piece of wood will fall away. Use the arm to open the safe and then to
retrieve the item inside.
The mini sub will return to the main submarine.
* Turn on the main ignition key and start the main engines from the engine room.
Turn on the
navigational power key (center key). Go to the navigation control pad.
* Click on the center position on the map (the Fortress island). Press enter on
the control pad. Go to the
front of the sub and push forward throttle lever. Once at the Fortress, exit
the sub through the hatch at the
back of the sub.
* Turn to your right. There is a fishing rod on the dock. Click on the reel to
bring in the fish. Go inside
the Fortress and into the power control room. You will see a machine with a
lever on the left and a bar
extending from the right. Pull the lever. On the other machine (with brick
base) click and hold the lever
arm to raise it. Pull the other lever to start the windmills and the
* Exit this room and click on the large table saw (not the one with the horned
head). Turn on its power
and cut yourself two long pieces of wood. Now go to the other table saw (with
horned head). Take a piece
of wood from under the table and cut it. Take the cut pieces. Do this as many
times as you can (4). You
will use all this wood to make a bridge. However, if your timing is off, a
monster will come out and tear it
* Go back into the power control room and up the stairs. Go into the tower and
then up the ladder. Look
up and you will notice a hook. Attach your fish to the hook. The idea is to
make the monster come up
here to get the fish rather than spending all his time busting up your bridge.
* To see the monster, go down the hatch and open the door which is sided by two
pedestals (he won't hurt
* If you turn around you will see a locked compartment at the base of the
statue. You will need to unlock
* Go back down into the Fortress and look out the window. You may see the Dark
Man teasing the
monster with a fish. Back far away from the window and then go back and look
out again. Notice that
you can look up and down. The idea hear is to repeat this motion until to see
the monster walking above
to the RIGHT (into the tower to get the fish). As soon as you see the monster
actually enter the tower (i.e.
he goes out of sight - you may have to look out the window several times to get
this scene) immediately
enter the darkened doorway behind you. You can now build you bridge by place
the two long boards
down first followed by the planks. Cross your bridge into the metal shop.
* Go up the stairs. Pull the pin from the back of the cannon. Take a cannon
ball, package of gun powder
and a fuse into your inventory. Open the top of the cannon and insert your
powder and then the ball.
Close the cover and insert your fuse into the hole. Click on the telescope to
the right to get a close up of
the monster trying to get the fish. Light your lighter and then the cannon's
fuse. The monster will no
longer be a problem.
* Go back into the metal shop and collect some fire wood, some coal, the metal
casting mold from the
table and some metal bars.
* Put the wood and the coal into the oven. Light your lighter and use it on the
wood in the oven. Put your
metal bars in the hanging pot. Place your casting mold in the center of the
table. Pull the right lever to
send the pot into the fire. Make sure to leave it in there long enough to melt
the bars (at least 30 seconds).
Pull the lever again to retrieve the pot. Press the button to pour the metal.
Pull the other lever to put the
mold into the water. Pull it again to retrieve the mold. Open the mold and
take your new piece of metal
work (its actually a replacement part for an airplane).
* Go back to the power control room and go upstairs. Go into the tower and
through the door where you
seen the monster. Go into the next tower where you will see an airplane. Click
on the work table and
take the key. Use this key to unlock the compartment at the base of the state
in the other room (tower).
Take the item from the compartment.
* Go back to the airplane. Replace the broken piece on its side with the one
you just made in the metal
shop. Pull the large floor lever by the table. Turn around to the power
regulator and flip the switch to
positive (+). Crank up the power.
* This paragraph is not necessary for this walkthrough. The following can be
explored just for fun or for
future games (save your game, check it out, and then restart the saved game if
you like). You DO NOT
have to do the following.....Get inside the airplane and turn the left crank.
Slide the horizontal switch to
the right. Pull the black lever down. Push the main release lever forward.
You will fly to the roof of the
temple (where there is nothing left to do). I have assumed that you will not
take this path.
* Exit the Fortress and go back to the sub. Turn the main power key and then go
start the main engines.
Turn on the navigational power key. Go to the navigational control map and
click on the top red star
(volcano). Go to the front of the sub and engage throttle lever. You will
travel into the volcano. Exit the
* Turn to your left to see the Dark Man in the window.
* Click on the side, storage compartment to the train and take the cutters and
* Use the cutters on the lock on the fence. Open the fence.
* Notice the hook at the back of the train and the digger in front.
* Get into the train. Flip the main power switch behind you. Click on the red
button to start the train.
Clicking above the control lever makes the train go forward. Clicking behind it
makes it go in reverse.
The gray lever is used to switch between tracks and may take some getting used
to. The center button is
used for the digger and the other two controls (top left) are used for the hook
and winch. To stop the train
at anytime, click in the center of the control arm (no need to cut power by
pressing the red button).
* Go forward until the train stops by itself.
* A red button at the lower, left of you screen indicates that an external view
is available. Click on the
button to get an exterior view.
* Click on the green machine to display a close up. Pull the lever to rise the
train to the main tracks.
Once you've ascended, click on the exterior view button again to get back
inside. I call this piece of
circular tack which you are on the "main intersection." When two individual
tracks meet inside a tunnel I
call it a "track intersection." Remember that because I'll use these terms a
lot. I will also give you lots of
positions based on your compass readings. You can use you compass at the main
intersection when you
access the exterior view. This part of the walkthrough would be impossible
(well almost) without those
* For now, simply go forward until the red exterior view button comes on. Stop
the train when it does. It
will come on inside a large tunnel with three tracks.
* When you get to this point, go to the external view and click on the box in
the middle of the tunnel.
Take the metal rod from the box. Click on the exterior view of the train and
take the wrench from the
storage compartment. Now click on the switching box post in the tunnel and
insert the metal rod.
Tighten the rod with your wrench to active power to the switcher boxes. Click
on the exterior view button
again and go forward to the main intersection. Stop at the main intersection.
* Click on the exterior view. Click on your compass from your inventory so that
it displays in the upper
right section of your screen. Click on the small wooden pillar and open it up.
These units allow you to
rotate the train to go down the different tunnels. Crank the handle. Rotate
the train until it is facing
north (north at the top of the compass). From the exterior view, you will often
need to use your cursor to
look left and right for the rotating control pillar (got that?).
* Go north and take the left track. Do this by clicking on the switching lever
(gray) well before you come
to the track intersection. If you pass it or go down the wrong track, simply
reverse and try again.
* The Dark Man will throw some rocks onto the tracks. The train will come to a
stop by itself. Use the
exterior view. Select your dynamite from the inventory and place it on the
rocks. Light your lighter and
ignite the dynamite. Proceed forward. The train will stop by itself. Exit the
train. You will see a locked,
green door. It leads to the Dark Man's laboratory (that was fun). Get back
into the train and reverse back
to the main intersection.
* Rotate the train so that it faces east. You will go past a track
intersection. Wait a few seconds (to get
some distance from the track intersection), stop the train, put it in reverse
and immediately pull the
switcher lever. Make sure you go down the correct track.
* The train will come to a stop by itself. Exit the train. You have found
* Everything in these tunnels are controlled by steam via colored pipes. You
can tell that there is no
power in the silver pipe by looking at the gauge. However, the other pipe (dark
gray with brown stripes)
does have power (see the gauge). Do not touch the fly wheels yet. For now,
only pull the first breaker
* Turn to your right and select the umbrella from your inventory. Stick it in
the hole when the metal door
rises. Once you've lock the door up, go through. Notice that by pulling that
breaker switch, you have
raised the gate in the distance (therefore gray pipes with brown stripes control
gates). You must now get
power to the silver pipes in order to rescue baby Amanda. GET YOUR UMBRELLA
* Get back into the train and go back to the main intersection. Rotate your
train so that it faces north. Go
forward and take the right track (default - no switching necessary). The gate
you just raised was
previously blocking this track.
* Exit the train when it comes to a stop. This is the main valve control room.
Do not touch anything yet.
Go through the door to your right and look over the edge. There is a broken
walkway to your right. Click
on the walkway to get a close up. Use your umbrella to pull up the walkway.
Now put the locking pin in
place on the walkway (its on the top center - hard to see). Cross the walkway
and raise the sphere. Get
inside the sphere and lower it with the right control lever. Notice the marking
on the pipes. The object is
to turn four of the arrows in order to open a chamber at the bottom. Do not
turn the two circular symbols
which you will see. Near the top you will notice two steam vents. If you
notice steam coming from either
of these, then you know that you have turned an incorrect arrow. Use the
control on the left to position
the arm and the knob to turn the pipe's arrows. Rotate the first and second
arrows you see. Don't touch
the third arrow. Turn the fourth and the sixth arrows and leave the fifth one
alone. The chamber at the
very bottom will open. Take the item by sing the arm.
* You MUST now reset the four arrows to there upward pointing positions. Do
this on your way back up.
* Back in the valve room, turn the wheel for the silver pipe (third pipe from
left). Also turn the wheel for
the last pipe (seventh from left). That will unlock the main door to the Dark
* Get back into the train and reverse back to the main intersection.
* At the main intersection, rotate the train to face east. Go forward past the
first track intersection. Give
it a couple of seconds, stop the train, go in reverse an immediately hit the
* You are back with the enslaved Amanda again (she's pretty good at those
controls). Put your umbrella
back into the door's hole when it opens. Turn the dial on the silver pipe (it
now has power). Pull the lever
TOWARDS YOU to activate a magnet. Turn back around to face the controls. Press
the center button to
try to pick up a rock with the magnet. Keep doing this until you get one. Once
you have a rock, push the
lever towards Amanda, and then again. Now press the button to release the rock
and free Amanda. Go
around and get her. If you like, you may also get your umbrella.
* Go back to the main intersection and rotate your train to face east.
* Now GO IN REVERSE from the main intersection (yes...that means the rear of the
train is facing west)
past where the three tracks come together in the same tunnel. Once past, go
FORWARD past the
switching box. Stop the train after a distance, then go in reverse and use the
switcher lever immediately.
The train will come to a stop at a draw bridge. Click the exterior view button.
Lower you hook (controls
are displayed in bottom right of your screen), then raise it to lower the
* SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
* Proceed in reverse. Stop the train as soon as the exterior view button
becomes available (or you will
die). Go to the exterior view. Notice the bent track. Click on the broken
track and remove its peg with
your large pullers (from the storage compartment on the train). Now remove the
broken piece by clicking
on it. Now turn to your left and pick up a piece of good track using your
pullers. Put this new piece in
place of the bent piece. Now (after all of that) go forward to the main
intersection (because we have to get
you turned around).
* From the main intersection rotate your train so that it points east. Go
forward and use your switcher as
you approach the track intersection (you need to go down the left track - which
you just went down
* The train will come to a stop. Cut a hole in the wall with the digger (center
button). Walk through the
hole. Click on the wood piece in the vice on the table. You can now assemble
you "phaser vacuum"
* Refer to the diagram in your inventory. Start by connecting pieces 1 and 2.
Connect piece 3 to 1 & 2.
Add piece 4 (with "wings" open) and piece 5 (with "arms" open). Add piece 6.
Close the "wings" on
piece 4 and the arms on piece 5. Click on the metal parts at the top of piece 3
to set them both open.
Open the top of the gun (piece 3) and put piece 7 inside. Close the top and
lock both of the metal parts of
piece 3. You will hear the cannon activate. Press exit.
* Reverse out to main intersection. Face your train north and take the right
track. You will go back to the
main valve room. Spin the fourth wheel to unlock the Dark Man's side lab door.
* Go back to main intersection.
* Point your train east and take the left track at the track intersection
* Exit the train and take the hammer from the storage compartment.
* SAVE YOUR GAME HERE TO ENJOY DIFFERENT ENDINGS
* Open the storage compartment again and click on the dynamite. Attach the
circuit card to the dynamite
and then attach the clock. You have created a time bomb and the counter is
* Walk through the hole which you created earlier. Now go through the passage
to your left. Have your
cannon handy in your inventory. Open the door and step forward once. Allow the
Dark Man to do some
of the work for you. He will place a green light unit in a machine, spin a
large wheel a few times, pull a
large floor lever and then a smaller one, then he will wind up a crank. When he
steps towards the large
lever in front of the yellow machine, shoot him with your cannon. Now that
you've captured him, go
inside and pull the large lever (in front of yellow machine) yourself. The
porthole will open.
* Don't forget to have a look at the Dark Man in the bottle.
* Click on the chest which is under the table and open it with the hammer. Take
the blue prints.
* Go to the control panel beside Dr. Krick. Pull the far left lever down to
lower the cap. Pull the second
breaker switch down and adjust the dial to the second position (you'll see a
wave on the display). Pull the
right hand lever down three times to wake Krick up. (use can play with these
setting to really give Krick
some nasty shocks...it's just for "fun"...it won't wake him up)
* Click on Krick a couple of times (he will complain). Give Amanda to him and
the blue prints.
* Go through the porthole.
Now that you've finished the game, visit the Cheat Zone to see what you've
missed. Find us at
Hay! Want to do something really cool and nice? How about sending me a post
card from your
hometown, country, city, village or igloo. I'd love to know what you think of
the game and my
walkthrough. I'll post some of the best ones on the Internet's Cheat Zone. I
hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks...it means a lot!
My Address is:
2376 Eglinton Avenue East
PO Box 44523
Thanks for reading!
(c) 1996 by Mark Fox
Canadian and International Copyrights apply.
This document may be freely distributed in any manner by any means as long as
the original text is not
changed in any way.
Written by Mark Fox for the Cheat Zone - www.cheatzone.com
For more hints and cheats about Lighthouse visit my free WWW page at the above
address. Also feel free
to contact me via email at: email@example.com
I always welcome your questions, suggests, comments and postcards.