by Doyle Tracy and Christina Wyatt
firstname.lastname@example.org Version 1.0
Note: Please email us with any suggestions, typos, or error reports.
For some reason all the apostrophe characters came out as a
zero with a tilde over it, we apologize for this odd look.
Welcome to the land of Lufia 2! If you are familiar with the land of Lufia from
the first game or if you are new to this world, you are in for a pleasant
surprise as we personally thought that this sequel, or prequel as the case may
be, is better than the original Lufia. This roleplaying game focuses not only
on battling monsters but also a number of brain-busting puzzles which can take
hours to solve, a casino where you can spend dozens of hours gambling for big
prizes, and the infamous Ancient Cave, a 99 level dungeon that could literally
be a game in itself. This game could easily be one of our all-time favorites
with its mixture of brain and brawn but it should be noted that there are a few
bugs in this game. The worst is the (Submarine Cave) where most of the screen
is scrambled. Despite the bugs, we both have begun replaying the game to try
and get all the treasures and solve all the puzzles and just enjoy this game.
This walkthrough can be used as a way to explore the whole game or just provide
solutions to that puzzle that has been stumping you for hours as well as
offering you some general helpful hints to let you explore the land of Lufia
on your own. Enjoy!
I. The Characters
***Maxim: the hero. Maxim is a born warrior; he has always known how to use a
sword. He can also use some minor spells such as Strong and Stronger. Depending
on the section of the game, Maxim can act as a front row attacker or a back row
healer (when fighting with Dekar and Guy) Only Maxim can use the Divine/Pearl
Armaments near the end of the game. Maxim begins his quest alone.
***Tia: a shopkeeper. Tia joins Maximis quest early in the game. She is the
owner of a weapons and armor shop so she has some knowledge of weapons. Magic,
however, is her strongest asset. Tia has very few hp when compared to the other
characters and should be placed in the back row whenever possible. She can use
both defensive and attack magic to aid Maxim. She is obviously in love with the
hero but will eventually leave him when she realizes that she cannot live with
Maxim being a warrior.
***Guy: the swordsman. Guy is a straight fighter; he uses no magic. However,
Guyis strong attack and high hp make him invaluable. Place Guy in the front
ranks. Watch out for his low magic resistance and low agility. Equip him with
armor and weapons to strengthen his magic resistance and increase his agility
when possible. Guy can equip some weapons that Maxim cannot. Guy may be tough
but he cares deeply for his sister Hilda and his girlfriend Jessy. He banters
nicely with Dekar and Artea.
***Selan: warrior and magess. Selan is the Commander of Parcelyte and is a
strong fighter and mage. Selan can equip many weapons and items that Guy and
Maxim cannot use. Although she has fewer hp than Guy and Maxim, she is fairly
quick and highly magic resistant. I usually place Selan in the back row and use
her as both an attacker and a healer. Selan will eventually be very close to
***Dekar: the greatest swordsman alive. Dekar is pure power; he wields no magic.
He has high hp although low agility and low intelligence. Always have Dekar in
the front row and let him pound away at the enemy. Try and boost this manis
agility if possible. Dekar will join the party near the middle of the game.
***Lexis: genius inventor. This inventor of rare machines uses his tools as
weapons. He can also use some magic. Some of his weapons can hit all monsters.
Still Lexis is fairly weak. Place him in the back row. You will never succeed in
your quest without this man and his weird inventions.
***Artea: elven archer and mage. This elf can cast the most powerful spells in
the game. Blessed with the ability to sense energy waves, this man can be a
great help to you as he can equip most swords and armor. However, Artea can
also equip bows which hit all creatures on the screen. Artea is also the
fastest character allowing him the ability to strike first or heal the party
before they get pummeled. Artea will not join the party until late in the game.
II. General Hints:
- Touch/approach monsters from behind to increase the chance of a first attack.
Do NOT let monsters do this to you.
- Early on monsters are fairly weak and healing spots are available in most
caves/dungeons, so fight everything to get levels.
- The Reset spell also resets monsters; if you need levels and are near a
healing spot, you can use Reset to gain levels.
- Monsters repop when you leave the level by going up or down stairs, go
outside, or leave the dungeon.
- When you use Arrows or Bombs, it is number of steps NOT time that determines
when monsters unfreeze/move or when a bomb explodes.
- Learn the strengths and weaknesses of your characters as well as the monsters.
Most monsters tend to be vulnerable to fire.
- The R trigger turn is very important to remember. This move does not cost you
a movement point.
Location of the 8 DragonEggs
- Cave to Sundletan (must have Hook to get it)
- Alunze Basement B4
- Merix town from Ugene after you rescue her father
- North Dungeon (near Bound Kingdom) B3
- North Lighthouse 1F
- Flower Mountain
- Gratze North Dungeon B3
- Divine Shrine 3F
7 Capsule Monsters
- Foomy: single tree west of mountains of Sundletan
- Fire: Ruby Cave B1
- Light: North Dungeon B3
- Wind: Tower of Sacrifice 4F
- Earth: Summit of Flower Mountain
- Water: underwater, south of Parcelyte
- Dark: on island near middle of world
III. The Walkthrough
Chpt One - A Monster Hunter named Maxim
- cinema introduction to introduce the hero, Maxim, and the shopowner, Tia;
they discuss the rise in monsters and Maximis job as a monster hunter
- Once you leave the shop, talk to all the people of Elcid
- Elcidis shops:
spells: strong (heal), spark (attack), poison (antidote)
weapons: frypan, knife, small knife, rapier
armor: apron, dress, cloth, pot, chopboard, small shield
- When you leave town, an old man will tell you to meet him at the dungeon
south of Elcid; go to the dungeon
- Dungeon South: follow the old manis instructions to learn the basics of
Lufia 2; you will need to use the old manis tactics and techniques throughout
the game (especially Reset *smile*)
**** we suggest that you kill all monsters in the dungeon for experience
(xp); you can stay at the inn in Elcid for free so gaining some levels now
will make it easier for you later.
- return to Elcid and stay at the inn if needed, then visit Tia for a dinner of
bad navaroa fish (cinema)
- as you cross the bridge from Tiais shop, a man rushes in with bad news.
Monsters have stolen the key to the Cave of Sundletan making travel to that
city impossible. Someone (yes, you) must get the key back so Elcidians can
go to Sundletan.
- the Cave to Sundletan is north of Elcid across the bridge. You might want
to take the time now to build levels and make some money to buy the Strong
Cave to Sundletan
- when you enter the first room of the cave, a man is standing next to the first
door. The man tells you that a woman entered the cave before you. Who is this
woman? You go through the north door.
- this first cave is fairly simple. There are only 15 rooms beyond the entrance.
The tactics and techniques of the Old Man in the Dungeon South will come in
- First, in the next room with a bridge crossing a river and a single patch of
grass in the middle of 4 tiles (hint, hint), take the NE door. You enter a
large room with 2 pots and one square of spikes. Both doors from this room
lead to treasures. The NE door = life potion. To open the NW door, grab a pot
and drop it one space SE of the raised spikes. Grab the other pot, stand next
to the spikes and turn and drop the pot to the space north of you on the switch
(remember you can stand in one spot and turn using the Right trigger). Now pick
up the pot to the south of you and cross the lowered spikes to put it on the
other switch to open the NW door. The NW door = escape. Return to the room with
the one grass patch.
- Cut the grass to reveal a floor switch which opens the SE door. Go through
the door. In the next room with lots of grass, cut the grass along the west
wall with your sword to find a secret passage through the wall to a treasure.
(antidote - VERY important as there are spiders that can poison you in this
cave, might want to buy Poison from the town of Elcid if you keep getting
poisoned then return to finish the cave). Take the NE door.
- this next room has 2 pots on the end of paths to doors. There is no need to
take the NE door until you have the Hook Skill. When you have the Hook, return
to the NE door and follow that path to a treasure (DragonEgg#1) For now take
the NW door. Move the blocks and go down the stairs to level B2.
- This room is divided into 2 sections - a raised section and a lower section
with a broken bridge. First enter this room from the NW corner stairs and go
to the SW corner to get a treasure (power potion). Then continue right along
the raised area to a red switch. Use your sword to hit the switch and change
it to blue and you will see the broken bridge in the lower section is completed.
Rather than going all the way around to the stairs, use the arrows on the floor
near the east side of the raised section to drop to the lower area near the
bridge. Cross the bridge. Before going down the stairs, walk south of the
stairs into the little niche in the south wall, push west against the wall
to find a secret passage to stairs down and 2 treasures (Hide Armor, Magic Jar).
Go back and take the stairs down near the bridge.
- the stairs down lead to a room of safety with a spot to recover your hit
points (hp), magic and save the game. Go up the eastern set of stairs up.
- The lizardman here is the main boss of the Cave to Sundletan. You must defeat
him to retreive the Key to the Door which allows you to travel on to Sundletan.
The fight is pretty straight forward. Use potions or Strong to heal yourself as
- After you defeat the lizardman, there is a cinema in which Maxim wonders why
the lizardman took the key. Enter the mysterious woman who entered the cave
before you to tell you that your destiny is to travel and fight a great evil,
but what is that evil and how is it connected to the ball of light? The woman
does not reply and reveals her name to be Iris. Return to Elcid to heal, etc.
- back in Elcid you hear rumors that Sundletan is having problem with
earthquakes. Itis time to heal up, buy Strong and Poison if possible and
begin your fated journey by going to Sundletan.
Chpt Two - Sundletan and earthquakes
- use the Key to the Door in the room north of the room with a river (first
room) of the Cave to Sundletan to pass through the cave and the mountains.
Once you exit the cave, head north and you will shortly reach the town of
Sundletan near a lake.
- as soon as you enter Sundletan, an earthquake occurs. It seems the rumors of
earthquakes are true. Talk to the villagers and learn that it is believed that
a giant catfish in the Lake Cave just north of town is causing the earthquakes.
Itis time to go fishing.
- Sundletan shops:
spells: Strong, Spark, Droplet, Poison, Drowsy
weapons: rapier, battle knife, dagger,
armor: dress, cloth, hide armor, frock, beret, cap, headband, small shield
cider shop (We never really used cider but it heals and raises attack in
*****be sure to learn about IP from the man in the shop; IP is VERY
valuable and important although we have no idea what IP stands for
- the first room in this cave has a lever toward the west and 3 bridge pieces
laying around. Use your Arrow Skill to flip the lever which causes the water
to rise. You can now pick up and lay the bridge pieces over the water. Take
the door north.
- in the next room with blue carpet, take the NE door first.
- The door leads to a room that has a row of spikes on the north wall and a
plaque with a clue to open the NE door. plaque - ¦Shoot the Arrows in the right
order and you will find the way.T The plaque refers to the order in which you
kill the monsters in the room. Kill the 3 monsters in this room in any order
but remember what order you killed them in. When all 3 are dead, the monsters
will appear behind the spikes along the north wall. Shoot the monsters with
your Arrow Skill in the order that you killed them. This will open the NE door.
***Note: If you are having trouble killing the monsters in this room or in the
cave because of low levels, this is a perfect place to build levels as the south
door in this room leads to a hp and magic recovery spot. You can repeatedly kill
the monsters in this room then go S to recharge. You can use the Reset Skill to
keep reviving the monsters in the room, then kill them and use the southern
room to heal.
- go through the NE door and go down the stairs. Take the south door in the next
room to get to a single treasure (Insect Crush: a nice sword vs. insects). Equip
Maxim with this sword and go back to the room with the blue carpet and take the
- In this room, there is another plaque. Plaque - ¦Be brave and dive in and you
will find the way.T This clue refers to the 5 sections of floor near the west
part of the room that are cracked and breaking. When you step on the cracked
floor, you fall through to the floor below. You must fall through the left
tile of the bottom room to fall on to the switch on floor B2 which opens a
door in the room below. There is no need to go through the NW door as it leads
to stairs that take you to the same room as the broken/cracked floor in case
you fall through the wrong tile. Fall to B2.
- this large room has a lower section/sunken floor with 2 doors and a switch
(which you must fall on from the floor above) and a raised section with 2 doors.
First go through the west door in the sunken area to a room where you can save
your game. Then go back into the large room and take the SE door in the raised
section of the room to collect a treasure (power potion). Go back and take the
NE door in the raised section.
- this room has 2 pillars and 3 switches which you cannot immediately see unless
you move the pillars. The switches are in this shape: 12
To open the N door, place the pillars on 1 and 2 and to open the S door, place
the pillars on 1 and 3. First take the S door.
- this room has 4 moveable blocks and a carpet. Move the SE block to reveal
a set of stairs down. Take the stairs down to B3.
- the stairs lead to a room with a bunch of blocks in the shape of a triangle
pointing southward and a plaque. Plaque - ¦Create a triangle pointing upwardT
To do this, move the 2 single side blocks on the left and right south one space,
then push the single block all the way around to the north side of the triangle
to open N door. Go through the N door and get the blue chest (Lake Key). Return
to B2 and the room with the 3 pillars. Move the pillars to open the N door and
- a large room with lots of grass on the eastern section of the room and a
plaque. Plaque - ¦Behind this wall lies the path to the ordeal that awaits youT
First ignore the N door and cut a single path through the grass all the way to
the north wall and push along west part of wall to find a secret passage to a
treasure (Miracle) You will see a hint as to what ordeal awaits you through the
only door next to the plaque. The ordeal is a long series of fights that lead
to a treasure (Speedy Ring). You can try this ordeal now if you have plenty of
magic to heal and hp or return at a later time. ****Note: you will have to
return to this cave soon so it is not necessary to do this ordeal right now if
you are low in hp or magic.
- Return to the first room on this level where you fell to. Go to the sunken
section of the floor and take the west door to save your game then take the east
door. (If the door will not open take the stairs up and fall from the rooms
above on to the switch.)
- this room is again filled with water and has 4 raft tiles. Use 3 tiles to
build a bridge to the lever. Take the 4th tile with you and cross the raft
bridge to the lever. Drop the 4th tile directly right of the lever in the water.
Then hit the switch to drain the water. Descend the steps and retreive the 4th
raft tile and use it to cross the lowered water. Use the Lake Key on the locked
N door and prepare for the main boss.
- main boss: the Catfish who has been causing the earthquakes to attract
attention. Be sure to have some way to heal such as Strong or potions as the
catfish as a number of special attacks such as Flash and Mega quake that can
seriously hurt you. When you defeat the catfish, it promises not to cause any
more earthquakes and goes to sleep below the lake waters.
- return to Sundletan and talk to the blue-haired man near the entrance to the
town. He tells you that a young woman went to the Lake Cave after you. Stay at
the inn if needed and save your game before returning to the Lake Cave. Go to
the room with the spikes along the north wall (NE from room with blue carpet)
and you will find Tia being attacked by monsters. Save Tia and watch the cinema
in which she explains why she came after you.
*****If you havenit done so yet, go to the room with the ordeal which had the
long series of fights and kill the monsters to get the Speedy Ring. Return to
- Back in Sundletan, talk to the villagers who now talk of a coronation ceremony
in Alunze Kingdom. They suggest you check it out. First though, we suggest
buying Tia a whip to increase her attack power a little. Still remember Tiais
main strength is magic. Be careful as you travel on to Alunze; Tiais low hp may
cause you problems. Save your game and stay at the inn if needed before leaving
Chpt Three - Alunze Kingdom, a Crown and a Key
- go northwest of Sundletan to a small shrine that leads you toward Alunze.
Just outside of the shrine, take a little side trip south along the mountains
to a single tree. Talk to the girl there to learn about Capsule Monsters and
gain the Foomy Capsule Monster. Then head north and west, and then east across
a small bridge until you reach the town and castle of Alunze.
- Alunze Kingdomis shop:
weapons: mace, long knife, short sword
armor: frock, robe, cloth armor, headband, cloth helmet, hide shield,
buckler, mini shield
small casino with one slot machine and a place to buy coins
*****There is a much larger casino later in the game. One prize costs 500,000
coins so if you want you can begin to gamble now. :)
- after saving and healing if needed, leave town and go to the castle of Alunze
- all of the villagers and the people of the castle are talking about the
upcoming coronation of the Prince and the Princeis spectacular crown which is
now on display in the throne room. Letis go take a look at that priceless crown
in the throne room.
- go to the throne room (second floor). Cinema scene in which Berty and Bart
comically steal the Princeis crown. Talk to the people just outside the throne
room to discover that the thieves went down the back stairs to the castleis
basement. Time to track down some thieves.
- the first room in the basement has a suspicious-looking NE wall. Remember
this spot because you will return to it later, but for now, take the S door.
In the next room, put the single pot on the floor switch to open NW door.
- the next room has 2 blocks and 2 plates on the floor that you must put the
blocks on to open the NW door. Push the east block south one, then push the west
block on to one of the plates. The hallway south will widen so that you can push
the other block 2 spaces east then all the way south and west on to other plate
to open the NW door.
- the next room contains a blue chest that is a new Skill - the bomb. This new
Skill destroys walls, grass, and wooden crates. The bomb explodes 6 paces after
placement. This means that time is not the factor that sets off the bomb!!! You
must take 6 steps or swing your sword 6 times (one sword swing = one pace) to
set off the bomb. Return to the first room and bomb the NE wall.
- You are now in a large room with 3 hallways/passages. Move the pot from the
second hallway to the switch in the first hallway to build a bridge over the
water to stairs down. The third hallway leads to a treasure (headband). You must
have the Hook Skill to reach the treasure (Water jewel) in the NE corner of the
room. Take the stairs down to B3.
- this room has a bombable NW wall and a NE door. Take the NE door, then the
door south to a place of recovery with hp, magic and save spots. Go back to the
room with the bombable NW wall and bomb the wall.
- go through the wall and pass through the next room to a room with 2 switches
and one pot. Put the pot on the NW switch to open the NW door or put the pot on
the SE switch to open the SE door. Go through the NW door to retreive a treasure
(escape), then take the SE door.
- the next room has a single block blocking a bombable wall spot. Bomb the wall
and enter a room with a plaque and a puzzle. The plaque tells you ¦when the same
colored lights align, the light vanishes. When all vanish the path opens up.T
This is what the puzzle looks like with Y=yellow, R=red, P=purple
Y1 R1 Y5 P3 P4
Y2 Y3 P1 R4 R5
R2 P2 P5
Here is one way to solve the puzzle:
-move Y4 west 2 spaces, then north 2 spaces to remove Y4, Y2, and Y3.
-move R2 south one, then west one
-move R1 north 3, west 2
-move Y6 west 3, south one to remove Y1, Y6 and Y5
-move P2 west one, north 2
-move P5 west 2
-move P2 east one to remove all P
-move R1 south 4
-move R3 south 2
-move R2 east 2, north 2 to remove all red and open the NE door and drop the
spikes blocking the S door. Go NE first to get a treasure (coat - note IP is
healing) Then go south from the puzzle room.
- the next room has blue carpet with moveable blocks. Blocks with X are not
moveable. Push left block south, right block right one, then again move left
block all the way left to get to the stairs down to B4.
- this room is divided into 2 sections with a small hallway in-between. The
eastern section of the room has 4 switches surrounding a warp tile, a pot and a
plaque on the north wall. The plaque reads ¦the switches warp you to 4 different
rooms.T Before you enter the warp tiles, go west through the small hallway and
push the moveable block west on to the plate. Then go back to the pot and place
it on the NW tile. Enter the warp tile.
- You are warped to a room with a wooden crate in the NE section. If you pick up
the crate, the spikes rise but the treasure chest drops so that you could reach
it. Solution - leave the wooden crate on the switch and place a bomb next to it.
Walk outside of the spikes (remember it is # of steps not time that sets off the
bomb). You can now reach the treasure chest (Dragon Egg#2). Now go through the
door south which leads you back to the first room of this level. Push the second
block one space south onto the other plate and the spikes in the western section
of this room drop. Return to the warp tiles and put the pot on the NE switch.
- You are warped to a room of spikes. First walk south off of warp tile then
east and north along the spikes. Follow the spike path to the niche in the north
wall and use a bomb on the north wall to get a treasure (Miracle). Then return
to the warp tile (warp right back here) and go west then north following the
path that the spikes allow you to take to the treasure (Secret fruit for the
Capsule Monsters) Return to the first room by the warp tile. Put the pot on the
- You enter a room with a single spike square blocking a treasure chest and a
horse. You must kill the horse to get the spikes to drop. Walk against a wall to
get the horse to come to you or you will just end up chasing it around in a
circle. Treasure = light knife. Return to the first room by the warp tile. Put
the pot on the last/SW switch.
-You warp to a room with 3 cobalts in this room. You must kill all of them for
the door to open. ****Hint: Touch the monster from behind to increase your
chance of a first attack. Donit let monsters do this to you or you will probably
be surprised. Go through the N door to enter the western section of the first
room. The spikes should be lowered allowing you to get to the stairs down to B5.
- A plaque in this room warns you that ¦the Underground Waterway lies ahead. No
trespassing.T The only exit is a door north.
- When you enter this room, you see Berty and Bart with the crown in the
waterway. A cinema scene begins in which Berty and Bart try to be clever and
once again their plan backfires. Walk south and step on the switch to drop the
wall. Go up the steps and walk around to the southern doors. You enter another
waterway room. Walk down the steps and retreive the dropped crown. What happened
to Berty and Bart? A question that will be answered at a later time.
- return the crown to the King who asks you what reward you would like. Select
nothing to receive 3000 gold. Other choices = less money.
- talking to the villagers of Alunze, you learn that Abel, a small boy, has gone
to the small shrine north of town; go to the shrine
- when you arrive at the shrine, you learn that Abel has taken the Key to the
shrine to a nearby cave preventing a young lady from returning home to Tanbel.
You decide to retreive the key from Abel who is in the Cave Northwest of Alunze.
Cave Northwest of Alunze
- when you enter the cave, you immediately see young Abel. A cinema scene begins
in which Abel tells you that he saw a monster and threw the key at the monster.
The monster now has the key to the shrine. You will have to retreive it.
- this large entrance room has a raised and lower section with 2 incomplete
bridges and 2 bridge pieces. Lower section - to retreive the treasure chest
within the spikes, use the Arrow Skill to hit the lever and lower the spikes.
Treasure = hi-potion. Raised section - use bridge pieces to repair the first
bridge and take the NE door. (You will eventually loop around to the NW door
but if you need to leave and return to the cave, you can get to the lower levels
of this cave easiest, by going through the NW door).
- the NE door leads to a room with 3 switches and 3 pots (one is hidden behind
the right pillar). Place pots on switches to open the north door. The rocks
along south can be broken by the Hammer Skill to retreive treasures. (Tuff
buckler, Eron hat)
- Go through the N door and pass through the next room to a room with a single
cracked floor space near the SE wall. Fall through the floor to B2.
- The room that you fall to has 2 moveable blocks with a switch in-between the
blocks. Move the first block right, move the other block north one then push the
same block south 2 to put the block on the floor switch. This will open the N
door to a room with a treasure (Horse rock). Now go west and push the blocks out
of the way to get to the 2 exits. Take the S door first.
- This room is split by an uncrossable river. On the north side of the river,
there is a single pot. Pick up the pot and place it 3 spaces west and one space
south of its original position to reveal a secret set of stairs down in the
south part of the room. Return to the northern room and take the NW door.
- This next room may not look special at first but there is a secret passage in
the middle of the south wall that leads to stairs down and a single treasure -
light armor). Get the treasure then go back and take the SW door.
- This large room has a number of rocks, a set of stairs up and a single door
south. The stairs lead back to the entrance room and the beginning of the cave.
Take the door south; a place of recovery is not far away.
- In the next room, there is a set of stairs down and a door south. Take the
door to a place of recovery and a save spot. Also notice the vines on the north
wall. Slash the vines to the north to reveal a secret passage to 2 treasures
(Brave, Miracle). Take the NE door from the room to the room with the
uncrossable river and go down the secret steps to B3.
- this large room is divided into an upper and lower section. You have entered
the upper section first from the secret stairs. Upper section - first go to the
NE section of the area where a bunch of grass patches are growing. When you try
to cut the grass, it grows back, yet the grass hides a floor switch that you
need to place the moveable block on. The solution is to use bombs to destroy the
grass and move the block toward the switch. Remember it is the # of steps NOT
time that affect the bomb and when the grass grows back. Using the R trigger to
change the direction you are facing does NOT count as a step. It is easiest to
push the block up the left side of the grass. When you place the block on the
switch, it lowers a set of steps in the NE corner of the room to a treasure
- In order to get to the treasure chest, you must first work your way west along
the upper section of this room. You will see a lever near the west wall.
Stand toward the right of the screen with the lever visible on the left side of
the screen and use the Arrow Skill to hit the lever which will open a passage
in the lower section by removing part of the upper section. Now return to the
stairs up and the room north of the recovery spot and take those stairs down to
the lower section of this room.
- Lower section - this section of the room has a section of river and 4 pillars.
Near the east wall are 3 treasures (hi-potion, hi-magic, and power bracelet).
Once you get a treasure, a set of spikes will raise behind you and you must kill
all the monsters in the enclosed area to get the spikes to drop. Now cross the
river by pushing the 2 pillars on the south side of the river into the river. Go
north through the passage to get the treasure in the NE corner of the room (jet
helm). Go back to the area near the stairs down but donit go down yet. You will
notice that there are 2 pillars on this side of the river as well. You can use
these to cross the river when you come back up the stairs but you can also get a
secret treasure with these pillars. To do this, push the pillars all the way to
the east side of the area, then push them south into the river. If you push
against the east wall, you will discover a secret passage to a single treasure
(witch ring). Now go back and go down the stairs to B4.
- This room also has an upper and lower section and 3 exits - stairs down, a
north door, and a NE door. First go through the NE door.
- Pass through this room and take the N door. The door leads to a room with
large pool of water and a single floor switch. Step on the switch to drain the
water in another room. Return to the first room on this level and take the
- this room is a mirror of the room on the other side with its bridges. However,
if you walk under the bridge to the NW wall, you will find a secret passage that
leads south to a treasure (Miracle). Take the single door north to a room with
large pool of water and a single floor switch. Step on the switch to drain the
water in another room. Return to the first room on this level and take the north
door and the stairs down.
- In the room below, you need to have stepped on the 2 switches in the 2 pool
rooms above to have created a bridge across the water here. Cross the bridge to
a hp and magic recovery spot and a save spot. The only exit is a bombable north
wall to the main boss.
- main boss: Regal Goblin. This boss has the ability to call companions to aid
it. The companions are regular goblins and mage goblins. Worry about the
companions only if the Regal Goblin summons more than one. Otherwise concentrate
your attack on the leader. We usually used Maxim to hit the Regal Goblin while
Tia continuously healed. Blue treasure chest = Shrine Key
- take the Shrine Key back to the shrine. The girl named Hilda is happy that she
can return home and tells you to stop by her inn when you are in Tanbel. Go
through the shrine and proceed north and east to Tanbel.
Chpt Four - A New Companion
- when you enter Tanbel, a cinema scene begins in which Hildais brother, Guy, a
noted swordsman, is introduced. Hilda volunteers to cook dinner as a thanks to
Maxim. Take the time to wander around Tanbel talking to all the villagers while
Hilda prepares the meal. Donit talk to Guy until you have talked to everyone
spells: spark, droplet, gale, flash, strong, poison, drowsy, confuse
weapons: long knife, wire, short sword, kukri
armor: tough hide, light dress, light armor, hide helmet, wood shield,
- after talking to everyone, volunteer to spar with Guy. You will be rudely
interrupted by monsters in town who after a brief cinema attack you. We suggest
that you place Guy in the front ranks instead of Tia (use Change in the menu
screen later to permanently put Guy in the front ranks). Defeat the monsters and
they will carry off Hilda to the Southeast Tower. Guy (level 11 when you first
encounter him) joins the party to rescue his sister. Guy has no magic so
attacking will always be his main strength.
- This room has carpet leading to a N door and another door to the NW. You will
use the N door to go through the tower to the next town after youive finished
this tower and dropped the barrier before the door as donit worry about it for
now. Take the NW door.
- this room has a central part with 3 moveable blocks and a new symbol on the
floor that I like to call a flame symbol (it reminds me of the little, living
flames that used to be in Super Mario 2 for NES). Step on the flame symbol and 4
switches will appear in the 4 compass directions from the flame. Push the west
and east moveable blocks on to the switches next to them and push the north
block to the south switch. Now go to the separated southern section of the room
and retreive the single pot that is there. Carry the pot to one spot north of
the northern switch and using the R trigger turn and drop the pot on the final
switch to open the north door and take the stairs up.
- go south to the next room which has a goblin standing in the middle of a blue
carpet. This suspicious monster that does not move is hiding a floor switch to
open the S door. Kill the goblin and go south through the next room.
- you will now be on the outside of the tower. Walk east to the other door and
go back inside the tower to a room that has both a light and a dark flame symbol
(light = white flame on black background; dark = black flame on white
background) between a moveable pillar. You will notice a symbol like the dark
flame near the NW wall. Push the pillar on to that symbol to open the wall. If
you walk through the new opening you will see the light flame symbol near the NE
wall. Go back and push the pillar to match that symbol to open the second wall.
Take the stairs up to 3F.
- Continue up the tower by taking the stairs up to 4F.
- This room has 2 exits - a NW door and a S door. Take the S door first.
- This room has a blue carpet with a floor switch in the middle of the carpet.
If you approach the switch from anywhere but the south side, blocks will appear
to block your path. You donit need to Reset the room, just walk toward the N
door to remove the blocks. The floor switch opens the south door. Go south.
- Pass through the next room to outside. Climb the ladder and hit the lever to
lower a bridge on the outside of the tower above your head. Return to the first
room of this level and go through the NW door.
- This room has 4 pots, 1 moveable pillar and 1 plate. First you need to move
the pots out of the way so you can push the pillar on to the plate. When you
move the pots, you will notice the dark flame symbol on the floor under the
pots. When you put the pillar on the plate, 4 dark flame symbols will appear in
the compass directions around the pillar. Put the pots on the new flame symbols
to open the S door.
- This large room has a set of stairs up (remember these stairs) and a small
passageway south to another part of the room. If you walk on the pile of bones
in the small anteroom, you will note a suspicious cloud of dust. See what is
under the bones with a bomb to reveal a floor switch that opens the south wall.
Go through south.
- Once outside, climb the ladder down to a door on the third floor.
- This room has 3 red-centered pillars with musical notes near the west end of
the room and a plaque that reads : ¦Musical notes should go from the bottom.T
When you step on the musical notes near the pillars, you will hear a noise that
matches to your Skills. The bottom/south pillar makes the sound of the sword
swinging, so hit this pillar with your sword and the pillar turns blue. The
middle sound sounds like an arrow hitting a wall, so shoot the middle pillar
with your Arrow Skill. The last pillar sounds like a bomb exploding so place a
bomb on the musical note. When the 3 pillars turn blue, the NW door opens to a
blue chest which contains the Sky Key. Return with the key to the 4F and the
room with the bones hiding a floor switch and take the stairs up to 5F.
- Go south to a place of recovery and a save spot. Then continue south until you
reach the outside. Go east across the lowered bridge. There is a door back into
the tower and a broken ladder up. Go in the door.
- There is a plaque in the NE corner of the room that applies to the next room.
The plaque reads: ¦When the date changes in the back room, something happens.T
Remember this as you go through the NW door to the next room.
- First of all there is a plaque in this room that reads: ¦It is 6:15 right now,
the door opens at 9T This should explain to you that the pattern on the floor
acts as a clock with the moveable block acting as the hour hand and the pillar
is the minute hand. Move the block to the west symbol (9 hours) and move the
pillar to the north (00 minutes). This will open the NE door. Go through the
door and hit the lever to lower the ladder outside. Return to the clock room and
remember the clue from the previous room that something would happen in the
clock room when the date changes. Well, a new day begins at 12:00 so move the
moveable block from the west symbol to just south of the pillar to create 12:00.
A secret door appears to the NW. Collect the treasure (jute helmet). Now return
outside and climb the now completed ladder and reenter the tower on 6F.
- Go north through the locked door to the main boss.
- You enter a large room with monsters on the west and east parts of the room.
There is no need to kill these monsters that I could find. Approach the dais and
you will see Hilda, her captor and 3 treasures behind them. Remember these
chests! Climb the steps to the dais and a cinema scene begins with Camu, Hildais
- main boss: Camu Watch out for his Buster Attack which hits everyone. Camu
also summons companions which I try to kill as soon as they are summoned.
- When Camu is defeated, a cinema begins in which you first learn of the
Sinistrals, superbeings who are trying to take control of this world. Camu is
not worried about telling you about this as he magically locks the door out and
dies as the tower begins to shake around you. Tia and Maxim rush to open the
door while Guy gets Hilda but the party canit open the door. You will be killed
with the tower. Enter Iris to save you by warping you back to Tanbel. When you
appear in town, Iris is gone and you take an injured Hilda to the inn to rest
- the cinema continues with Guy, Tia and Maxim sitting in the inn. They talk of
Iris, Maximis destiny to fight and the Sinistrals. After a little hesitation and
a talk with Jessy, Guyis girlfriend, Guy decides to go with Maxim and Tia to
find the Sinistrals.
- return to the Southeast Tower and climb back to the 6th floor dais to gain 3
treasures (fire dagger, Camu armor, pearl bracelet).
- return to entrance and go through the N door on 1st floor. The barrier is now
down and you can pass through the tower. Walk a short way north to the town of
Chpt 5 - An Apple and a Rich Man
spells: spark, flash, droplet, gale, strong, bravery, release, escape
weapons: kukri, rod
armor: light armor, baggy, red beret, wood helmet, wood shield, bracelet
special shop: a glass shop
- the people of the town talk mainly about the wonderous Ruby Apple, a treasure
said to reside in the North Cave, and how the rich man, Rochy, wants the Apple.
Make sure that you talk to the lady in the glass shop and you will learn that
her husband, Jaffy, the glassmaker, has been gone for a long time.
- talk to Rochy who asks you to get the Ruby Apple for him; he is willing to pay
handsomely for it. You also learn the glass shop canit pay the rent and is about
to be evicted. It is time to go to the North Cave to find the Apple.
*****NOTE: there are a lot of monsters that use poison in this
cave so make sure you have a lot of antidotes and/or the Poison spell.
- take the right path along the mountains to get to the Ruby Cave
- the entrance room has a small lava river separating the entrance from 2 land
islands. One island near the NE wall has a warp tile and the other has the Fire
Capsule Monster. Go through the N door.
- this room has 5 patches of grass near the N wall and 3 exits - stairs down to
B2, a NW door, and a bombable NE wall. First, bomb the NE wall to go get the
Fire Capsule Monster.
- Continue south and take the stairs down to a room that has 4 levers and a
plaque that reads: ¦Turn all the switches to the left. However, they are
interconnected in a complex way.T The levers are set up like this: 1 2
To solve the puzzle which drains the lava in the entrance room so you can get
the Fire Capsule Monster, hit 1, 4, 2, 3 then go through the bombable NW wall to
a warp tile. Get the Fire Capsule Monster and then return to the room with the 3
exits and the grass. Both the NW door and the stairs here lead to B2, so it is
just as easy to take the stairs down here to B2. Cut the grass to reveal a floor
switch if you want to take the NW door.
- this room has 2 small lava rivers that you can cross by laying a single bridge
piece over the river. The stairs up lead to the room with the 5 grass patches
and the room behind the NW door. Go north to the 2 sets of stairs down First go
down the eastern stairs.
- this huge room has a series of islands in a lava lake. The first thing that
you want to do is enter this room from the east stairs. You will be standing on
a raised section of an island with a plaque near the steps down. Ignore the
plaque and walk directly south. You will see a lever on an island west of you.
Shoot the lever with the Arrow Skill and a land bridge will appear between the 2
western islands. Go back up the stairs and take the west stairs down. You will
now be on the western islands with the land bridge. Go south and take the stairs
down to B4.
- this room has vines on the north wall. Notice the foot of a door hidden under
the vines. Cut the vines to see the N door and a blue chest (Ruby Key). Take the
key and return to the east stairs down to B3.
- return to the east side of room and read the plaque. ¦Throw the blue blocks
into the lava.T The blocks turn into 3X3 ice bridges when they are thrown into
the lava. First take one ice block and go to the west side of the lower part of
the island with the plaque. You will see a little island to the west with
another ice block on it. Throw the ice into the lava to build a bridge to that
ice block and island. Use your new ice block and build a bridge westward to a
treasure. (Flame fruit) Return to the main part of the island.
- you will need 4 ice blocks for the next bridge so if you have used any or
donit have 4 for some reason, use Reset Skill. Take an ice block and go to the
SE corner of the island. Face south and drop the ice block. Go get a 2nd ice
block and go to the SE corner of the ice bridge, face south, and drop the ice
block. Go get a 3rd ice block and go to the SE corner of the ice bridge, face
south, and drop the ice block. Get the 4th ice block and go to the SE corner of
the ice bridge, face south, and drop the ice block; this last block should
connect both the isles that have ice blocks on them. Take one of the 2 new ice
blocks and stand in the SW corner of the western-most of the 2 isles, face
south, and drop the ice block. Take the other ice block and stand in the SW
corner of the ice bridge, face south and drop it to reach the 2 treasures (fury
helmet, aqua whip - very nice for Tia in this fire cave). Take the ice block and
return to the main isle.
- with the last ice block, go to the eastern most part of the main isle (a
single land space) and build a bridge to the east and the stairs down.
- This room has a bridge south over a lava river to another part of the room
with vines on the north wall. The vines hide a door. Go through the vine door to
a recovery spots and save spot. Return to the previous room and take the NW
door. The next room has a bridge over lava and a locked north door. Prepare for
the main boss.
- The first thing you notice when you enter this room is a large red apple. When
you approach the apple, you are attacked by the main boss, Tarantula. This giant
spider will call companions (Web Spiders), use Poison Shower which will hit you
and possibly poison you, and heals itself with Stronger. Attack the spider with
IP and heal poison as needed.
- When you defeat the spider, the red apple crumbles and the north door opens.
- You enter the room and see a man in the room. A cinema begins in which you
meet Jaffy, the glassmaker, who got caught by the spider while treasure hunting
to make money to pay rent for the store. You discover that the famed Ruby Apple
is not ruby at all, but a glass piece created by Jaffy that he originally sold
long ago to a man in Narsysus. Somehow it got back here to become the treasure
of the cave. Now the apple is broken but Jaffy has a 2nd glass apple that he
gives to Maxim for saving him from the spider. Jaffy goes back to Clamento.
- return to Clamento and take the Glass Apple to Rochy. A cinema occurs between
the party and Rochy who rewards you with a large sum of money. The party leaves
Rochyis house and goes to the glass shop. Maxim gives Jaffy the money that he
received for the apple so that the glassmaker can pay the rent and keep his
- with the ¦Ruby AppleT in Rochyis possession, you now have permission to travel
through the north shrine to the next town. Travel on the left side of the
mountains to reach the shrine.
Chpt 6 - The Treasure Sword and a Hesitant Ally
- just north of the shrine is the town and castle of Parcelyte
- when you enter town, a cinema scene begins in which 2 boys are teasing a girl,
the girl is saved by a woman named Selan who scares off the boys and talks to
the girl about crying and the importance of tears and strength. Selan then
leaves for the castle.
weapons: chain, franshiska
armor: chainmail, tight dress, ironmail, glass cap, blue beret, brone
helmet, stone helmet, kite shield, tough gloves
special shop: house for sale in NE Parcelyte
- when you enter the castle, you get a chance to watch Commander Selan train one
of her men. Guy and Maxim cannot help but admire her strength and beauty.
- everyone in the castle talks of Selanis strength or of the Kingis desire for
the Treasure Sword from the North Fortress. Go to the throne room on the 2nd
floor and talk to the King. The King has heard of your deeds from the King of
Alunze and asks you to retreive the Treasure Sword from the North Fortress. When
you accept, the King sends Selan (level 16) with you, much to Selanis
- outside the throne room, the cinema continues with Selan expressing her
feelings about this situation
- go north to the Treasure Shrine
Treasure Sword Shrine
- the entrance room has 3 doors - a NW door, a locked N door, and a NE door. Go
through the NE door first and continue north until you reach a room with stairs
down. Take the stairs down to B1
- this room has an upper and lower section with small raised islands holding
various treasures. There are 4 moveable platforms that are arranged something
like this: 4
- ride platform 1 left to get treasure (undead ring)
- step back on the 1st platform to return platform to original position
- to get to the other single treasure, ride the 1st platform left, then the 3rd
north, then the 4th right and walk back on to the main area near stairs up. Go
to 2nd platform and ride it north to treasure (cold rapier)
- to get the blue chest, ride the 2nd platform south, walk to the main area,
then the 4th platform left, the 3rd platform south, back to the main area. Take
the 2nd platform north, go back to the main area near the stairs. Then go back
and ride 3rd platform north, and the 4th platform right. Get the blue chest
(Sword Key) and the treasure (Anger Bracelet).
- to get to the NW door, ride the 4th platform left, the 3rd platform south,
then the 1st platform right and walk back on to the main area. Then take the 3rd
platform north, the 4th platform right, the 2nd platform south and the 1st
platform to the left. Go through the NW door.
- this next room has 2 sections separated by spikes and 2 moveable blocks that
can only be used when you enter from the north. There is a treasure in the north
section of the room. To get the treasure, climb the stairs to a split room with
a floor switch near the north wall and one pot. Put the pot on the switch to
lower the spikes to get to the bombable ne wall. Bomb the wall and fall through
the cracked floor in the next room. This takes you to the north section of the
room with the spikes and moveable blocks. Get the treasure (round shield) then
climb stairs and go S to return to the entrance room.
- Go north through the locked door to enter a room with a carpet leading between
3 sets of columns. Monsters will jump out from behind the columns to attack you.
Defeat them and continue north and take the stairs up to 2F
- proceed south until you come to a room separated by a chasm that can only be
crossed by a small platform that can be moved by hitting the 4 levers in this
room. The levers are arranged like this:
lever 1 moves the platform north/south; lever 2 moves the platform west/east
lever 3 moves the platform north/south; lever 4 moves the platform west/east.
First, letis go to the SW door in the room by hitting the levers in this order:
1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2. Cross to the SW door and retreive a treasure (bat rock). Go
back to the levers and hit 2, 1 cross to the 3/4 levers and hit 3, 4, 3, 4 to
get to the NE door. Continue north until you reach a room with stairs up. Go to
the NE corner of the room and press east against the wall. You will step on a
secret floor switch that will lower the east wall and reveal a chest (Mind Ring
- IP is Stronger, a better heal spell). Go up the stairs. (Donit worry about the
door north; you fall to the N room if you donit do the above puzzle correctly).
- Go north into a room with a plaque and a puzzle. Plaque: ¦Wooden crates can be
broken by bombs.T You will notice 2 wooden crates resting on 2 floor switches.
If you lift the left crate, you will notice a different part of the bridge
appears. To cross the bridge, place a bomb just north of left crate then walk 2
spaces east and place a 2nd bomb just north of right crate. Walk one west then
all way north. The left bomb will destroy the left crate and make another part
of the bridge appear. Walk one north and swing sword to make right bomb blow and
complete the bridge. Continue north and take the stairs up to 3F.
- continue south to a room with a plaque and a puzzle. The plaque reads: ¦All
blocks between 2 yellows change to yellow, all blocks between 2 red change to
red. Move 1 yellow block to change them all to yellow!T The blocks are set up
Y1 Y2 R1 R2
- move Y1 one east of R2 to make all blocks yellow and open NE door.
- this room has more yellow and red blocks, a plaque, and a second puzzle. The
plaque reads: ¦Move one yellow and one red block to change them all to yellow!T
The blocks are arranged like this:
Y1 R1 Y2 R2 Y3
- move R4 one west, one north (just diagonal NW of its original position)
between R3 and Y5, turns Y2 to red
- move Y5 one west, one north (just diagonal NW of its original position) betwen
R1 and R4 to turn all yellow to open N door
- this room has yet more yellow and red blocks, a plaque and a third puzzle. The
plaque reads: ¦Move 2 yellow and 1 red blocks to change them all to yellow!T
The blocks are arranged like this:
R2 R3 R5
Y1 R4 R6
- move Y2 one east of R6 to turn R4 and R6 to yellow
- move R3 one north of its original position, diagonal of Y2is new position
- move R4 that is now yellow (2nd yellow from left in bottom row) to north of R1
to complete a vertical and diagonal yellow line. Now that all are yellow go
through the north door to a recovery spot and save spot. Continue north and go
up the stairs to 4F. Prepare for the main boss.
- the stairs lead to an empty room with a locked door to the north. The door
leads to the main boss, or in this case, bosses. As you approach the N door, 2
clowns appear. You must fight each one once before a cinema begins outside of
the room. Selan reveals how to defeat the clowns; they must be defeated at the
same time. So Maxim and Tia take on Pierre and Guy and Selan take on Danielle.
Pierre uses Bolt magic and is vulnerable to water/ice attacks. Make sure Tia and
Maxim are using cold/water weapons such as the Cold Rapier and the Aqua Whip.
Danielle uses Vortex and Blizzard and is vulnerable to fire attacks. Make sure
Guy and Selan are using fire weapons such as the Fire Dagger for Guy.
- When you defeat both halves, a cinema begins in which Selan explains how she
know what to do; Tia is a little jealous of Maximis obvious connection/affinity
with Selan but vows not to give up on Maxim yet. Go through the north door that
leads to the Treasure Sword.
- return to Parcelyte and give the Sword to the King. He rewards you with the
treasure in the basement but before you can go retreive the treasure, a man
enters and tells you that the neighboring city of Gordovan has been demolished
by one man. Selan wants to find out what happened in Gordovan and Maxim
volunteers your party to go with her. Selan protests but gives in when Maxim
knows her true plans.
- The cinema continues when you leave the throne room. Maxim tells Selan about
his destiny to the Sinistrals. Selan agrees that Maxim should lead the party to
Gordovan instead of her.
- get the treasure in the basement (Holy Wings - nice IP)
- head west from Parcelyte to a small shrine. On the other side of the shrine,
head west and south to reach Gordovan.
Chpt 7 - First Contact
- Gordovan is in ruins when you arrive but no one was killed. Everyone is
talking of the one man who destroyed the town and went to the West Tower. You
also hear that a lady traveler was kidnapped by the man.
- no shops
- the entrance room to the tower has 2 exits - a NW door and a locked NE door.
Go through the NW door to a room with a square of unmoveable blocks with a floor
switch and a monster inside. You must manuever the monster on to the floor
switch to open the NW door. (The NE door leads to an elevator but you must find
the elevator first.) Go through the NW door and take the stairs up.
- Head south to a room that has a switch, a number of moveable blocks and red-
centered and blue-centered pillars. First hit the red switch to drop the red-
centered pillars. Now notice the plate in the middle of 3 moveable blocks. This
will cause the now blue switch to move so you can shoot it with the Arrow Skill
and drop the blue-centered pillars. First push the middle block of the 3 blocks
near the red-centered pillars one south. Push the right block 3 right so it
rests against the raised blue-centered pillars. Step on the only open tile near
the plate to move the switch one south. Walk around to the space between red-
centered pillar and single block, just east of switch. Use the Arrow Skill to
hit the switch and lower the blue-centered pillars. Push the blocks out of the
way to walk south. Hit the lever in the SE corner of the room to lower a
corridor outside. Go out the south door.
- Once outside, head east to a door back into the tower. Go n and take the
stairs up to 3F. (The NW door leads to the elevator that is not on this level
- this room has 1 pot and 2 floor switches. Notice the tile paths on the floor.
First head south through the door to a place of recovery (hp and magic). Then
return to this room and put the pot on the east switch. Follow the darkened path
on the floor to the NE door. (The NW door leads to the elevator that is not on
this level either.) Go through the NE door and take the stairs up to 4F.
- the room on this floor has parts of the floor missing and 4 pillars. You
cannot yet reach the NW door so head south through a door to a blue chest. The
blue chest contains a new Skill - the Hook. As the plaque says: ¦The Hook will
hook on to pillars and stakes so you can be pulled towards them. Hooks take you
to the other side of the chasms. Hitting monsters with a Hook paralyzes them.T
With your new Skill, return to the previous room and use the Hook to the pillars
to cross the room to the NW door and take the stairs up to 5F.
- this large room has columns set on either side of the stairs. There are 2
doors - SW door and SE door. Take the SW door first.
- this room has a square of unmoveable blocks with one space of spikes and a
crate inside the square. Use a bomb on the crate to hit a floor switch and lower
the spikes to the south door. Go south to a save spot and then south again to an
outside lever to extend a ladder. Return to the room with the unmoveable blocks
in a square and take the NE door. Finally the elevator!
- take the elevator to 4F and go south to a treasure (Miracle). Return to the
elevator and go to 3F.
- on 3F, go west to a room with 2 pillars and a floor switch and chasms in the
floor. Push the right pillar 2 west so you can hook to the same pillar from the
west side of the room. Push the south pillar one south then push the right
pillar out of the way to the east so you can walk back around to the west wall
and hook to the south pillar. Push the south pillar north on to the floor switch
to open the S door.
- Continue south and go outside and climb the ladder to 4F and re-enter the
tower on the 4F.
- this room contains 7 switches, a floor switch and a plaque that explains the
puzzle. The plaque reads: ¦Cut them in order.T Step on the floor switch and the
switches will light in a pattern.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Repeat the pattern which is 1, 5, 6, 2, 7, 3, 4 to remove the monster and open
the N door to a blue chest (Wind Key) Return to the elevator and take it to 2F.
- go south to get a treasure (speed potion). Return to the elevator and take it
- Go north through a bomb wall to get a treasure (Eagle rock). Use the Hook to
cross into the main part of the room. Take the stairs up to 2F and go north to
get a single chest (Muscle Ring). Return to 1F and take the NW door back to the
- Take the elevator back to 5F. Go east off of the elevator through the SE door.
You will see a locked door to the south. With the Wind Key, go south until you
reach the outside then climb the ladder to 6F and the main boss.
- the final room is a large room with a circle of statues and a locked door to
the north. As you approach the north door, a cinema begins in which you get to
meet Gades, the Master of Destruction. Donit worry about the fight against the
Sinistral, you canit win so donit waste magic and IP on healing.
- When you are dead, Gades disappears and the mysterious Iris appears to revive
you. Iris tells the party that Guy and Selan too are fated to fight the
Sinistrals but she says nothing about Tia. The mysterious Iris tells you that
she is looking for answers but she does not say what the questions are. Iris
leaves and Selan suggests that they report to the King of Parcelyte. Donit
forget to go through the N door to get 2 treasures (Scimitar, Block Shield)
- return to Parcelyte and talk to the King. A messenger suddenly arrives looking
for Guy. He says that Hildais condition has worsenend and that Guy should go
home. Guy hesistates but then leaves to take care of his sister. ***Donit worry;
you will get him back later***
- Maxim asks to continue to help Selan find out more about Gades. They decide to
go on to Merix, a village on the other side of the West Tower.
- before heading for Merix, return to Cave to Sundletan and Alunze Basement and
use the Hook in the places that you could not get to before.
- return to the West Tower and go through the NE locked door in the entrance
room. Go through the north door now that the barrier is down.
- go north once outside the tower to reach Merix
Chpt 8 - A Broken Bridge
spells: fireball, fake, trick, escape, warp
armor: toga, cloche
- the talk in Merix is of Gades and how he destroyed the bridge in the North
Cave preventing people from going to the Bound Kingdom. Ugene, a young girl,
says that her father went to fix the bridge but has not come back yet. Also
there is word of a strong warrior in the Bound Kingdom (will be a big help now
that Guy is gone).
- Enter the cave and you see a man beside the broken bridge. It is Ugeneis
father who tells you he canit fix the bridge because of all the monsters. Go
east and down the stairs to search for the source of the monsters.
- You enter a room that is split by a river. You need to raise the wooden stake
in order to Hook across the river so go through the NE door. Bomb the NE wall to
get to the lever to raise the stake and take the NW door to get a treasure
(Regain). Go back to the room with the river. Cross the river and go through N
door and take the stairs down.
- Go north to a large room with 2 doors. Take the NE door to get a treasure
(Hi-magic). Go back and take the NW door to an empty room. A cinema begins in
which Tia falls through the floor; Selan jumps after her and Maxim has no choice
but to follow.
- the cinema continues in which Selan remarks that she acted carelessly. Maxim
agrees but when Selan falls through a hole, it is Maxim who jumps after her and
is scolded by Selan in the room below.
- go N from the room you fall to into a huge room with lots of monsters. This is
the source room for the monsters which are being produced by the black crystal.
You can fight or use the Arrow/Hook to paralyze monsters but you need to go to
the crystal and hit it with your sword. All monsters will disappear. Take the N
door and climb the many stairs up to the first floor.
- when you come up from the stairs, the man calls out to you that the monsters
are gone and now he can fix the bridge. He completes his work quickly and goes
back to Merix.
- return to Merix and talk to Ugene to receive DragonEgg #3 as a reward
- return to the Cave Bridge and use the fixed bridge to cross to stairs up. Once
outside, head NE across the desert to Bound Kingdom.
Chpt 9 - The Greatest Warrior in the World and a Sinistral
- as you enter the castle, a cinema begins in which a legion of monsters enter
to attack the castle. The leader of the monsters, Idura, explains that he has
been sent to destroy Bound. The attack is stopped by a single blue-haired man.
While wit may not be the blue-haired manis strong point, he easily clobbers
Idurais monsters. Only a single slime is left which is killed by the Prince of
Bound who wants to be like the warrior named Dekar.
- meet Dekar at the entrance to the castle and he already knows Maximis
reputation and wants to see how good a swordsman he is. Maxim changes the
subject to Gades. Dekar thinks it is great that the Sinistral can take out a
city by himself and he wants to meet Gades to defeat him. Dekar tells you to
enjoy the castle and leaves.
Bound Kingdomis shops
weapons: staff, scimitar, bronze sword
armor: chain armor, thick cloth, stone plate, iron helmet, tight helmet,
- the talk of the castle of Dekar and how the Prince Alex thinks that he is
stronger than he really is
- after exploring the castle, go to the throne room. A man reports that Idura
went to the North Labyrinth. The Prince is preparing to go to there by himself
to defeat Idura. The Prince leaves and the King asks Dekar to go after him
(apparently this happens a lot) and help him in secret. Dekar leaves.
- go north to the Labyrinth that once used to be a castle before an earthquake
50 yrs. ago
- the entrance room has 2 rows of lit torches and 3 doors. First take the NE
door into a room with grass growing in the NE corner. Cut the grass near the
western wall of NE niche for a secret path to a treasure (Thunder ring). Then
take the stairs down.
- this room has lots of grass. Cut the grass in the NW corner to reveal a hidden
floor switch to open the S door. Go south. Hook across the chasm to a NW door.
- the door leads to a room split into 2 sections by a chasm. There is a switch
that controls the spikes in each half of this room. Go to the little piece of
floor east of the switch and hit the switch with the Hook to change the switch
to blue and drop the spikes in the north section of this room. Return to the
entrance room. Take the N door and take those stairs down.
- Go south from the stairs down and you will be in the north section of the room
with the switch and spikes. Go through the NW door and hit the lever to extend a
bridge in the western section of the room. Go through the NE door and pass
through the next room to get a treasure (Deadly Sword).
- go back to the entrance room and take the NE door again to return to the room
with the switch and spikes. Use the Hook to return the switch to red and lower
the spikes near you. Go through the SW door and you will be in the room where
you just created a bridge. Go through the NW door and bomb the N wall in the
next room to get a treasure (Thunder Ax - Do NOT sell this or feed it to a
Capsule Monster. You will be able to equip it later on a new companion). Return
to the entrance room and take the NW door.
- Pass through rooms until you come to a room with a plaque and a puzzle and a
set of stairs down. Plaque - ¦Thereis a pattern to the stairsi madness. Trap
them in a place from which they cannot flee.T That place is the extreme southern
tip of the tile pattern. To trap the stairs, approach them from the west side to
push the stairs south. Repeat until the stairs are trapped. Go down.
- Go south in a large room with one pillar, one pot, and one floor switch. Push
the pillar one east, then Hook to pillar and put pot on floor switch to open S
door. Go south and take the stairs down.
- this room is split into 2 sections by a chasm. Take the NE door into a room
with moving platforms. You can move the platform by stepping on the direction
arrows on the edges of the platform. You can only move the platform in the
direction of the arrows. Step on the 3-arrow platform and ride it 2 east to the
SE door. Take the SE door and you will enter the southern section of a room that
has a number of land islands. Hook to the pillars to reach the Light Capsule
Monster. Return to the room with the moving platforms.
- Walk to the platform with the arrows to the S and E (make sure not to step on
any arrows to move to platforms). Ride the S and E platform one east to the NE
door. Take the NE door and you will be in the northern part of the room where
you got the Capsule Monster. Push the 4 pillars on to the gray square on the
floor to raise a platform to get the treasure (DragonEgg#4). Return to room with
- Walk to the 3-arrow platform (in SE corner), ride one west. Walk to platform
with the single arrow south and ride it one south. Walk to platform with arrow
to N and E and ride it one E. Walk to 3-arrow platform and ride it 2N, 1W to NW
door. Go through the door.
- You are now in the northern section of the first room of this level. There is
a plaque on the wall and a block of 9 flame crests (2 are dark, rest light). The
plaque reads: ¦Light up all the panels with a bomb.T The crests are arranged
1 2 3 (1 and 2 are dark).
4 5 6
7 8 9
To turn all the crests light, place a bomb on 6 and then 7 (swing sword until
each explodes). This turns all the crests dark. Now place a bomb on 5 and make
it explode. Place and explode bomb on 3, 9, 7 and 1 to turn all to light crests
and raise bridge west to treasure (life potion) and stairs down. Go down.
- Go south to a save spot. Continue south to a room with 2 floor switches and a
single pillar. Push the pillar on to the east floor switch to open the NE door.
- Final room: As you cross the bridge to the Prince of Bound, the floor around
you drops and you are trapped. Idura appears and traps you by blocking the
Escape Spell. You are then attacked by first 4 mummies (vulnerable to fire) and
then 3 trolls. Idura promises to keep sending monsters against you until you are
killed by Dekar arrives to defeat more of Idurais monsters and scare off Idura.
The Prince too seems to have seen the error of his reckless ways and returns to
the castle with Dekar. Lastly, Dekar asks to speak with you back in Bound.
- return to the Bound Kingdom. When you arrive at the castle, the entrance guard
tells you that Gades came and saw the King. He asks you to see the King at once.
- go to the throne room and the King tells that Gades plans to sink Seim Island
where Parcelyte rests. Dekar (level 20) is going to the East Tower to stop Gades
and Maxim volunteers to go with him but wants Tia and Selan to go to Parcelyte
and lead the people to safety. The party vs. Gades is 2 until Guy arrives. His
sister is fine and he has returned to help. It is now 3 vs. the Sinistral.
***Put Dekar and Guy in the front ranks and Maxim in the back. Maxim is the only
one with heal magic so have him act as healer on this journey. Also remember to
equip either Dekar or Guy with the Thunder Ax that no one could equip earlier.
- The entrance has a man who tells you that someone landed on the top of the
tower. This must be Gades. Also the room has a plaque and a purplish pillar.
The plaque reads: ¦Pushing the pillar against a wall will move that wall.T
Donit worry about this now. Go through the NE door and take the stairs up.
- a room with a single plaque (VERY important clue to solving this tower). The
plaque reads: ¦Cross swords with the red guardian 3 times.T Remember this and
return to the entrance room and the purplish pillar.
- push the pillar against the north wall where the carpet runs into the wall.
Push it as far north as you can and then push it west to reveal a door. Continue
north and pass through the next room. You will come to a room with 2 monsters
and a door that you cannot open. You must kill the 2 monsters to open the door.
- the next room has 4 purplish pillars surrounding a floor switch. There is also
a single pumpkin-head monster. Do NOT kill the monster. Instead move one of the
pillars aside and force the monster inside the pillars. (The monster mirrors
your movements.) Once the monster is inside use an Arrow or Hook Skill to
paralyze him so that you can push the pillar back into place, trapping the
monster and opening the NE door.
- this room has a single pillar and a set of stairs up. Whenever you approach
the stairs, spikes surround and block the stairs. The solution is to push the
pillar to directly east of the stairs. Then stand near west wall (near stairs)
and Hook to pillar which will take you to the stairs.
- Continue south until you reach the outside then go west and re-enter the
tower. Hit the lever to lower the spikes then bomb the NE wall. The hole in the
wall leads to a small room with a pattern on the floor. Note the pattern and go
north to a plaque. The plaque reads: ¦Donit be fooled by appearances. The real
door is over there.T Return to the room with the lever and bomb the NW wall.
- The NW wall leads to a room that has a door and a pattern on the floor that
should be familiar. The visible door is actually a fake door. You must stand on
the pattern to reveal a secret door. Go through the door and take the stairs up.
- Go north to a room with 4 warps tiles separated by chasms. Enter the northern
warp tile from the eastern side to warp to the western warp tile and go south
through the door. The door leads to a room with a row of unmoveable blocks with
one pot in the middle of the row. Remove the pot to enter the eastern part of
the room to get 3 treasures (Muscle ring, Protect ring, Pumpkin jewel). Continue
south from this room to the outside.
- Outside: climb the ladder to 4F and enter the west door. In the next room,
kill both the monsters to open the north door and continue north. The next room
has a blue chest (Cloud Key) and a bombable north wall that leads to a treasure
(Miracle). Go back outside on 4F and take the east door.
- Follow the darkened path to the north door. Enter the door into a room with a
diamond-shaped pattern. Move the 4 moveable blocks on to the 4 plates to change
the middle block to a lever. Use the Arrow Skill to switch lever and open north
door. The north door leads to a southern part of a room blocked off into
sections by blue-centered and red-centered pillars. Step on the floor switch to
lower the blue-centered pillars.
- Return now to 3F and the room with 4 warp tiles. Enter the west tile to return
to north tile then enter the tile from the west to teleport to the east warp
tile. Go up.
- Go south to a room with 2 doors. First take the SE door to get a treasure
(Fayza Shield). Then return and take the SW door. You are now back in the room
with the blue-centered and red-centered pillars. The blue pillars should be
lowered so go west and step on the other floor switch to lower the red-centered
pillars. Go north through a door to a room with a plaque and a lever. The plaque
reads: ¦Fight the blue guardian 5 times.T (a clue for a later room). Hit the
lever to make a ladder appear outside. Go south into the room with the blue and
red pillars and go south again. Continue south until you reach the outside. You
can now climb down a new ladder to 3F (the western-most ladder).
- You enter a room with 4 pillars and 4 floor switches. Push the western pillar
south and the other 3 pillars north on to their switches to open the N door. Go
north and take the stairs up.
- Continue to climb the tower to 5F
- This room is a very large room with a plaque and 2 statues near the southern
wall. The plaque reads: ¦To defeat the stone guardian, read the stone tablet on
one of the floors.T This is the room that both plaques about the guardians have
been referring to. Go to the statue on the red carpet and hit it 3 times with
your sword. Go to the statue on the blue carpet and hit it 5 times with your
sword then step on the flame crest in-between the statues. The statues disappear
to become hp and magic recovery spots. Go south to a save spot. Continue south
to outside the tower and go east to a door back into the tower. Enter and take
the stairs up to 6F
- This room has a plaque that explains the puzzle to through the north door. The
plaque reads: ¦Welcome to the Monster Races! If a monster arrives at your warp
point first, you win. If a monster arrives at another warp point first, the
Reset spell is cast, and you must try again. If you are not on a warp point when
the monster arrives, you must try again. You can use your Arrows to block other
monsters. Let the race begin!T If you go north this plaque will make a little
- The Monster Race room has 3 enclosed areas that house one monster and one warp
tile. There is a path that leads north to the middle of the 3 areas and 3
switches. The idea is that you must pick a monster that you want to win the
race. I usually choose the skeleton to the east but I havenit seen that one
monster is more successful than another. Once you decide, hit the switch that is
closest to your selected monster. East for the skeleton, north for the Medusa,
west for the zombie. The object is to stay on or near the warp tile and swing
your sword to cause the monsters to move. You want your monster to reach the
warp tile near you first. You can prevent the other monsters from moving by
paralyzing them with the Arrow Skill. I like to select the skeleton so I can
shoot the zombie with Arrows to prevent it from getting to its warp tile while
the Medusa seems to move less when I stay on the warp tile and not move around.
The skeleton teleports so its movement is a little eradicate but Iive found it
to be most successful. You must be ON the warp tile when your monster is in
order to win the game and be teleported to the NE corner near a door. After
winning the race, go through the north door and hit the lever to lower a
corridor. Go back to the first room on this level (room with stairs down) and go
south to outside of the tower. Go west over the lowered corridor and enter the
door. Continue through the locked door north to stairs up.
- The final level of the tower houses the main boss, Gades. Beware of Gadesi
special attacks: Destructo-wave and Devastation. We suggest using Trick and Fake
on Dekar and Guy while Maxim acts as a healer. Use everything you have vs.
Gades, especially IP attacks.
- Defeat Gades and he retreats northward with Maxim following. Suddenly the
corridor behind Maxim disappears separating him from Guy and Dekar. With his
dying breath, Gades activates the device that will destroy Seim Island and
Parcelyte. Maxim orders everyone to leave including a newly arrived Tia and
Selan and sets out with only a Capsule Monster to stop the island from sinking.
To Save Parcelyte
(We suggest avoiding all fights by shooting Arrows to
paralyze opponents as it is often difficult to kill the monsters with just Maxim
and a Capsule Monster. This part can be done by killing monsters if you take
full advantage of the hp, magic and save spots. It is your choice.)
- There are 3 sets of stairs down in a triangle. Take the north set of stairs
first to 6F.
- There is a hp recovery spot here and a plaque that reads: ¦Bombs destroy the
red.T Return to 7F and take the east set of stairs down to 6F.
- The east set of stairs lead to a room with a statue on red carpet. Follow the
advice of the plaque from the north stairs and bomb the statue to destroy it.
Continue south to a save spot. Return to 7F and take the west stairs to 6F.
- The west set of stairs lead to a magic recovery spot. Go north and read a
plaque that says: ¦Arrows destroy the blue.T Return to 7F and again take the
north set of stairs to the room with the hp recovery. Take the south door to
stairs down to 5F.
- This room has the blue statue. Destroy it with Arrows and go south to get a
treasure (Magic Bikini). Go back to 7F and again take the west stairs to 6F.
- Continue north from the room with the magic recovery and take the stairs down
- The stairs down are surrounded by 4 light flame crests. When you step on a
flame it turns dark. Turn all 4 crests dark then go through south door to
another 4 light flame crests. Turn these dark as well to open south door.
Continue south until you reach the outside, then climb down the ladder to 4F.
- This is the final room. You must have destroyed the blue and red statues to
get to the light flame switch; otherwise the path to the switch will be blocked
by red-centered or blue-centered pillars. Touch the switch make the machine
self-destruct and save Parcelyte.
- cinema: Maxim successfully turns off the machine but the machine was trapped
and he is hit and killed by lightning. As Maxim lays dead, Iris enters and warps
a revived Maxim to Parcelyte. Maxim is greeted by an emotional Selan and Tia has
a talk with Dekar then leaves without saying good-bye.
Chpt 10 - A New Beginning
- a long cinema featuring the wedding and one year in the life of Maxim and
Selan. The new couple have a baby boy, Jeros. One day when Maxim returns home to
their house in Parcelyte, he and Selan hear a noise upstairs and rush up to find
Idura. Idura kidnaps Jeros (on orders from someone higher up) and takes him to
the North Lighthouse. After a short discussion, Maxim and Selan head north to
rescue their child.
- The first room of the tower has a man who tells you that a mysterious light
entered the lighthouse and now the tower is awash in monsters. Go north through
the only door to a room with a plaque. The plaque reads: ¦The door the arrow is
pointing at opens.T Push the moveable blocks east and form an arrow to open the
- The door leads to a room with 2 sections and a plaque. The plaque reads: ¦If
you place the box on the crest when you see the door, all the tricks vanish and
the door opens.T You will notice 3 crates near the east wall and a dark flame
crest surrounded by spikes and 3 floor switches. Put 2 crates on the floor
switches near the wall and a door will appear. Put the 3rd crate on the floor
right in front of the door. Grab a crate from the floor switches and place on
the switch near the spikes to lower the spikes around the crest. Take the other
crate from the floor switch near the door and place it on the crest. All of the
crates including the one in front of the door will disappear. Go through the NE
door to get 3 treasures (Mystery ring, DragonEgg#5, Big shield). Go back to the
room with the puzzle and take the NW door and take the stairs up to 2F. (You
will come back to this room via the warp tile after you get the key.)
- Go south to a room with a puzzle. There are 16 blank tiles on the floor and 4
rows of spikes near the west wall. The tiles are a Memory Game in which you have
to match 8 pairs of symbols. For each error you make, one row of spikes near the
west wall drop to allow monsters into the Memory area. The tiles are arranged
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16
- the 8 matches are: 1 & 11, 2 & 16, 3 & 15, 4 & 6, 5 & 12, 7 & 10, 8 & 14 and 9
& 13. First take the stairs up to 3F and go south to hit a floor switch and
raise pillars in the south part of the room. Go back to 2F and the Memory Game
and go south. Go south until you reach the outside and go west and re-enter the
tower and take the stairs up to 3F.
- You are now in the south part of the room with the floor switch that raised
the pillars. Take the SW door to the outside and climb the ladder to 4F and a
treasure (Fire ring). Go back to the room with the pillars and Hook over to the
NE door. Go north and bomb the north wall to a lever. Hit the lever and the
ladder outside will fall into place. Return to the room with the pillars and
Hook to the SE door. Go through the door to the outside. The ladder to 4F will
be in place so go to 4F and re-enter the tower.
- The room contains a plaque, a puzzle and a row of spikes to the west blocking
a passage to a warp tile. The plaque reads: ¦Place it on black.T The plaque
refers to the 2 pots and crests on the floor. Step on the floor switch and the
crests will move. You need to place the 2 pots on the 2 crests that were once
light. One crest is in the NW corner and the other is just east of the other.
Solve the puzzle and the spikes will drop to the blue chest (Light Key). Get the
key and take the passage west to the warp tile. You will warp back to 1F.
- Go south to the room with the block arrow. Change the arrow to the west to
open the NW door. Go through the locked door and climb the stairs to 2F.
- Go north and climb the stairs to 3F.
- Take the stairs up to 4F.
- You enter a large room with columns. First go south to a hp and magic recovery
spot as well as a save spot. Return north and take the NE door to a large room
with a SE section separated by a chasm. Do not worry about the treasure yet.
Instead climb the stairs to 5F.
-You enter a room with a single pillar in the NE section of the room. Move the
pillar one west and notice the bombable floor spot. Place a bomb on the floor
and move away. Push the pillar into the open floor spot then fall after the
pillar back to 4F.
- You fall to the area near the single treasure that you could not get before.
Push the pillar on to the south floor switch to lower the spikes and get the
treasure (bee rock). Then push the pillar on to the north floor switch to raise
pillars. Hook west and go back up the stairs to 5F.
-Go south to another hp, magic and save spot. Continue south to the outside. Go
west and re-enter the tower. Go north through the locked door and continue until
you come to a room with 4 switches and 4 blocks in a diamond-like pattern. Push
3 blocks on to 3 switches and stand on the 4th switch to make stairs up appear
in the middle of the diamond. Take the stairs up to 6F.
-You enter the final room to the tower and see Jeros near the north wall. As you
approach the baby, Idura appears and a cinema begins in which Idura tells why he
took the baby and then threatens to hurt the child. Iris appears to rescue Jeros
and Maxim and Selan attack Idura.
- main boss: Idura calls companions, plasma blast, Idura thunder. Make sure
and kill the companions as soon as they are called. Use Selan or Maxim to heal
as needed and use IP whenever possible.
- when you defeat Idura, he disappears. A cinema begins between Iris, Maxim and
Selan. It is revealed that Maxim was supposed to die fighting Gades but now his
destiny has changed due to Irisi interference/rescue. Now the future is
unseeable except that it is time to fight again. Iris disappears and Selan
realizes that Maxim is going to leave to find his destiny. She is going with him
but first they return to Parcelyte.
- in Parcelyte, Maxim and Selan leave Jeros in the care of Selanis aunt. The
villagers say that the light from the Lighthouse (Idura) headed north toward the
port town of Aleyn. You can get to Aleyn from a shrine east of Bound Kingdom.
Maxim and Selan set out together.
Chpt 11 - The Quest for a Ship
- Warp to Bound Kingdom and go east to the shrine. When you pass through, you
find Guy and Dekar waiting for you. They too want to go with you to fight the
new evil and protect their villages. ***Remember to Change party order.***
Go east to Aleyn.
- spells: vortex, blizzard, stronger, warp, rally (Make sure and buy
Stronger and Rally)
- weapons: hand ax, long staff
- armor: thick cloth, stone plate, long robe, turban, plate cap, round
shield, tecto gloves
- the talk of the town is that a guy (Idura) destroyed all the ships in the town
and headed east over the sea. Now no one can sail to the Eastern Continent until
Jyad, the shipbuilder, returns from the North Mountain to make more ships. Go
north all the way to the coast then west to the North Mountain.
Phantom Tree Mountain
- You enter a cave with 3 patches growing in front of a NW door and another NE
door. Cut through the grass and place a bomb to destroy all 3 grass patches to
open the NW door. Go through the door and continue north until you reach western
part of a room. Hit the lever and a set of steps appears in the eastern part of
the room. Go back to the room with the grass and take the NE door and continue
through the next rooms. After a couple rooms you will again come to the outside.
Climb the steps to another tier of the mountain and enter the door and take the
stairs up to a puzzle room.
- This room has a plaque that reads: ¦When all the grass grows, the door will be
opened.T Donit worry about the plaque and puzzle for now. First bomb the NE wall
and continue through a couple of rooms until you emerge outside near a blue
chest. Get the chest (Tree Key) and return to the puzzle room. The grass that
the plaque is refering to looks like this:
X _ X X = grass already present
_ _ _ _ X _ = need to make grass grow here by stepping
_ _ _ _ _ on the space
_ X _ _ X
_ _ X
To solve this puzzle, enter the puzzle from the SW corner. Go 2e, 1n, 1e, 2n,
1w, 1s, 1w, 1n, 1w, 3s. Then go back and touch the single N and E grass spots to
make all the grass grow and open the NW door. Go through the door.
- You enter a room with lots of grass surrounding a plaque and a blue chest. The
plaque reads: ¦Shoot the Fire Arrows so the grass will burn.T The blue chest
contains a new Skill - the Fire Arrow. Fire Arrows work just like regular Arrows
but also can be used to destroy grass/plants. Continue SW until you reach the
outside then climb the steps to another tier of the mountain and enter the door
and take the stairs up.
- You enter a room with stairs down and vines on the NE wall. The vines hid a
door. Take the stairs down first and avoid or fight the many monsters to get to
the single treasure (Water ring). (You would fall to this room if you did not do
one of the puzzles in the room above.) Go back to the room with the vines and
cut the vines to reveal the door to the NE. Go through this door to a room with
- First go to the NE corner of this large room. Climb the steps and use the Fire
Arrow Skill to destroy the grass and push the blocks on to the floor switch in
the NE corner. When the block is on the floor switch, a second set of steps will
appear near the middle of the room. Go to the other steps and shoot Fire Arrows
to destroy the grass and push the 2 blocks on to the 2 floor switches to make
steps appear to the door near the final puzzle.
- This puzzle can be annoying if you donit plan ahead. The idea is to put the 2
pots on the 2 floor switches near the NW corner. However, you cannot step on any
floor spot more than once or you will fall through to a room below with lots of
monsters. Staying along the bottom of the puzzle, head east toward the single
pot. Approach the pot from the westside and use the R trigger to turn without
moving and pick up the pot. Then with the pot in hand, head 2n, 2w, 1s and head
back west (you should be just north of the path that you took to go east to the
pot). Walk to the SW corner. You will be directly south of the 2nd pot. Walk
until you are directly south of 2nd pot. Then walk 1e, 1n (you should be
directly east of 2nd pot). Use the R trigger to turn east and drop the 1st pot.
Again use the R trigger to turn and face west and pick up the 2nd pot. Walk one
north and drop 2nd pot on to floor switch directly north of you. Walk one east
and use R trigger to face south and pick up 1st pot. Turn (with R trigger) and
drop 1st pot on floor switch. This drops all the spikes so you can get to the
door. Go south and east to steps and go through north door.
- Go north and bomb the north wall. Continue north using the Hook Skill in the
next room to cross to the various land islands. Go through NE door and take the
stairs up. Go north to a room with a chasm. On the north side of the chasm is a
single lizardman, a floor switch and a wooden stake that raises only when the
lizardman steps on the switch. Stand opposite the wooden stake and swing your
sword until the lizardman stands on switch then Hook to stake. Continue until
you reach the outside.
- Once outside go east across a long bridge to a closed door. Bomb the door and
re-enter the mountain. You enter a room with a plaque. The plaque reads: ¦The
floor is very fragile here. Donit put so much weight on it.T Actually you want
to put weight on it so that you can create a bridge in the room below so have
the monster in this room follow you to the middle of the floor which will drop
to the room below.
- In the room below, go south and continue through a locked door. You will enter
a room with a bridge and a man standing near it. The man is Jyad who is here
searching for the Phantom Tree to build the ideal ship but Jyad cannot get past
the monster near here. Maxim volunteers to beat the monster if Jyad will take
him to the East Continent. There is also a save spot. Save and go south to
fight the main boss - 2 lions Special attack: scratch (hits all party members).
A pretty straight-forward fight.
- Defeat the lions and go south to the outside. A cinema begins when the party
finds the Phantom Tree. Jyad needs more men to get the tree so Selan warps him
and the party back to Aleyn.
- Back in town, Jyad is a little queasy. It is his first warp. Jyad leaves to
fetch the tree and build a ship. The others decide to stay in town until the
ship is ready. Guy and Dekar take off for the cider shop. You can stay at the
Inn to pass the time. Go to the docks and the ship is ready. Guy and Dekar
arrive when you talk to Jyad on the docks. Time to sail!!!!
Chpt 12 - A Mysterious Flute
***** You will have the option at this point to sail to Gruberik or Narsysus.
Gruberik houses a dungeon known as the Ancient Cave. You do NOT have to go to
Gruberik or the Ancient Cave in order to finish the game. The Ancient Cave is
essentially a game in itself. See Appendix A for more on the Ancient Cave.
- You should sail to Gruberik before going to Narsysus so that it will appear on
your list of cities that you can warp to. That way you can go to Gruberik at a
later time. Gruberik sells the same weapons and armor as Narsysus so you can go
shopping in Gruberik if you want. Then sail on to Narsysus.
- when you enter the port of Narsysus, a strange flute calls all of the young
girls to the North Tower. Dekar notes that it is only the single young girls who
are drawn and notes that perhaps their life force might be used for something.
- Talk to all the villagers and one man will tell you that his dream is to
become like Lexis, the genius inventor who lives in Treadool, east of Narsysus.
weapons: war rapier, long sword
armor: long robe, plated cloth, turban, plate cap, roomy helmet, round
shield, tecto gloves, big shield
***Note: remember to change the order of your party before leaving town (after
the cinema). Also War rapiers are great food for Capsule Monsters. I suggest
buying at least 10 if you have the money and power up your Capsules a little.
Also if you buy the War rapiers now, it will be easier to power the Capsules up
later at Forfeit Island.*** (More on Forfeit Island later - See Appendix B)
Tower of Sacrifice (North Tower)
- Go north from the entrance room to a room with a strange orb with eyes on the
floor. This orb is a new object that prevents you from walking the direction it
is looking. So if you try to walk south of the orb, you are pushed south to the
wall and you cannot continue east. Walk around north of the ball to avoid the
push of orb. Go through the NE door and take the stairs up to 2F.
- Go south from the first room on this floor. You will enter a room split by a
chasm. Hit the lever to raise the pillar so you can cross the chasm. Go south
through a door and you will enter a room with 2 floor switches and 2 orbs with
eyes. The floor switches lower the obstacles blocking the south door but when
you walk through the orbs the obstacles raise again. The solution is to ignore
the floor switches for now. Go to the NE wall and bomb the wall. Go north back
into the room with the lever and pillars and circle back around to the floor
switches. Step on the switches then walk back north, Hook east and take the
bombed hole south and go through the south door now that the obstacles are
lowered. Continue until you reach the outside then go east and re-enter the
tower. Take the stairs up to 3F.
- You enter a room with a bombable N wall and a door to the south. First bomb
the wall and go north. Take the stairs down to 2F.
- Go down again to 1F.
- You enter a room with columns and a blue chest. Open the chest (Narcysus Key)
and return to 3F and take the south door.
- The south door leads to the outside. Go west and re-enter the tower. Go north
through the locked door. You enter a room with spikes surrounding a floor
switch, 2 moveable blocks, 2 orbs and a lever. Move the south block to south of
the orb facing south so the force of the orb pushes the block against the wall.
Now you can walk to the lever. Hit the lever to lower the spikes. Step on the
floor switch to move the statues from the door. Move the 2nd block east to in
front of orb facing east and you can proceed north through the door. Take the
stairs up to 4F.
- You enter a large room with 2 patterns of light flame crests in arrow shapes,
one faces east, the other west. Two pillars block 2 doors out of the room. The
plaque reads: ¦Reverse the panels and the path will open up.T First take the
middle door south to get the Wind Capsule Monster. Then go to the arrow facing
east. The arrow looks like this:
2 6 10 13 13 10 6 2
1 3 7 11 14 14 11 7 3 1
4 8 12 15 15 12 8 4
First, you need to open the east door. So go to the arrow facing east and place
a bomb on 11, 13, 15, 8, 6 and 1 to turn the light crests to dark crests and
open the SE door. Continue south until you reach the outside. Hit the lever to
extend a ladder up on the platform to the west of you. Return to the room with
the arrows and bomb on 11, 13, 15, 8, 6 and 1 to open the west door. Go south
until you reach the outside. Then climb the ladder to the 5F.
- Re-enter the tower and save your game at the save spot. Go north to a room
with 4 squares of columns enclosing a floor switch and a block that moves north
and south (following the direction that you move). Go all the way west to the
wall and walk north, then go south between the 1st and 2nd column squares. Then
go north between 2nd and 3rd column squares. Then go south between 3rd and 4th
column squares and finally go north along the east wall. Go north and take the
stairs up to 6F.
- The final room to the tower holds the girls from Narsysus. A cinema begins in
which the party runs forward to help the girls and they are trapped by raised
obstacles. Idura appears and tells you his plan for the girls. At last, Dekar
breaks through cage. It is time to teach Idura another lesson.
- main boss: Idura (same special attacks and spells as before) Use the same
tactics of IP and magic vs. him and kill the companions (which are tougher than
- when you defeat Idura, he will again flee. Men from the town arrive to take
their women home. Return to Narsysus.
- back in Narsysus, you learn that Idura has headed for Karlloon. A woman on the
docks also says that a woman came to see Idura and headed to Karlloon also.
Chpt 13 - Loss of a Companion
- head east from Narsysus and cross a bridge. You will come to Karlloon. ****
The town appears as Caron on the city scene for the Warp Spell.****
spells: bolt, fireball, vortex, blizzard, stronger, perish, absorb, waken
weapons: cutter whip, multi sword
armor: iron plate, metal mail, tight turban, rock helmet, plate helmet,
tall shield, silvo shield
- the talk of the town is of a light going to the North Shrine. Also a strange
couple headed to the Shrine before the light arrived. Who are the 3 lights? One
must be Idura but who are the others?
Karlloon North Shrine
- the entrance room has a single priest who tells you that he senses uneasiness
in the shrine. Go north and you will enter a room with a broken column near the
NE section of the room. Bomb the rubble of the column and a plate will appear.
Push the single pillar on to the plate to open the SE door and take the stairs
up to 2F.
- Go north to a large room with a raised and lower section. First go north
through the NE door to a room with a chasm. Hit the blue switch to raise the
blue-centered pillar, hit the red to raise the red-centered pillar and the other
pillar will pop up. Hook to pillar to get the treasure (Dekar Blade). There is
no need to go through the warp tile. If you fall into the chasm, it leads to an
empty room below that comes back to the room with treasure via the warp tile.
- After getting the treasure, return to the room south and hit the lever with
the Arrow Skill to raise a pillar on the west side of the room. Hook west and go
through the NW door. Pass through the next 2 rooms until you reach 2 statues.
There is a flame burning in one. Hit the west statue with your sword to
extinguish the flame and it will switch to the east statue and open the NE door.
Continue north and go up the stairs to 3F.
- Go north into a room with a row of unmoveable blocks and one moveable block.
If you try to walk through the gap, you are blocked by unmoveable blocks. Push
the moveable block one north to prevent the unmoveable blocks from blocking you.
Get the single treasure (lion fang) and continue north. Enter the warp tile and
continue north. You will enter a room with lots of blocks. Move the blocks to
get to the warp tile. (West and north to warp tile is easiest.) Enter the warp
tile and you will enter a room with 2 bombable walls. First bomb the NE wall and
go to a lever that lowers the spikes in the west section of the room. Go back to
the room you warped to and bomb the NW wall. Go north to a hp, magic and save
spot and enter the warp tile.
- You appear in a room with dark tiles and no warp back. There are 2 doors but
the south door is locked/closed. You must go north. You enter a room with more
dark tiles. As you walk north, Idura appears. He has nowhere left to run and his
boss, Amon, the Sinistral of Chaos, has lost his faith in him. Itis time for the
last battle vs. Idura. Fight him as you have all the times before.
- when you defeat Idura, you must go north.
- You enter the room and find Iris who claims she was caught by Idura. You try
to Escape with her but it is blocked. Looks like you will have to walk back out
but as you move, the shrine begins to collaspe. Iris says that some device must
be blocking Escape and if the party can find it they will be saved. Return to
that previously closed/locked door and go south.
- You enter a room with a large chasm in the middle. There are pillars and
plates on either side of the chasm. Push the pillars on to the plates and a
single pillar will rise from the middle of the chasm. Hook to the pillar and
fall to 1F.
- Take the stairs down to B1
- First go to the lowered section of this room and get the treasure (fury ring).
Then go to the north wall and notice the 3 cracked columns. Bomb the columns to
cause a wall above to crash down. Take the stairs up to 1F.
- Go north to a room with rubble blocking the NE door. Also there is a set of
stairs down that you can reach because you bombed the columns below to drop the
wall. Ignore the rubble and the door and take the stairs down to B1.
- Go north and you discover the source of the block. Dekar goes with Iris to
break the ball. Dekar breaks the ball and the block on Escape. As Iris turns to
go back to the party, Dekar is ambushed by a dragon. The ghost of Idura arrives
and Dekar is surrounded by monsters. There is no escape and Dekar yells for the
party to run as he is attacked. Maxim wonit leave him but Dekar yells to Iris to
get the party out. Iris casts Escape as the shrine collasps around Dekar.
- back in Karlloon, the party mourns the loss of Dekar. Guy does not believe
that Dekar died in the Shrine. Iris leaves saying that she is going to pray for
Dekar. Maxim vows to continue on to fight the Sinistrals. Next stop, Treadool.
Chpt 14 - The Genius Inventor and a Flower
- go east of Karlloon to a small shrine. Go through the shrine and go NE to
- the talk of the town is about Lexis and his inventions. There are also rumors
of a somber woman who went south (Iris) and of the Sinistrals to the south but
you will need a ship to get there. A man is selling a ship for Lexis Shaia who
needs the money for his inventions. You will have to go to Lexisi lab north of
town to negotiate for the ship.
weapons: rockbreaker, bronze ax, morning star, vice pliars
armor: silver armor, silk toga, light jacket, plated cloth, iron plate,
glass cloche, metal cloche, silver helmet, spike shield, slash shield
- go north to Lexis Shaia Laboratory
Lexis Shaia Laboratory
- Lexis must have to try and protect his inventions for there are a series of
traps before the actual laboratory. Itis no big deal if you trip a trap as you
just fall to moveable platform that takes you back to the first room. Take the
right path and meet Lexis, the inventor.
- When you meet Lexis, a long cinema begins in which Lexis demonstrates 2 of his
inventions. First is an engine which works but can only be used on a ship made
from the Phantom Tree because of the weight. Maxim tells the inventor that they
found the Tree for Jyad who Lexis knows. The talk turns to the Sinistrals and
then Lexis shows off his second invention, a kymograph that measures energy
waves. After measuring each party membersi energy, Lexis asks to go with the
party. He also wants to install his engine on a ship so Warp to Aleyn and talk
- Back in Aleyn, you ask Jyad to make a ship for you from the Phantom Tree for
Lexisi engine. He agrees and tells you that he will meet you in Treadool. Return
- Back in Treadool, you meet a girl selling flowers as you enter the town. She
is very pale and faints in front of you. The girlis little brother runs out and
you follow him to their house for Leefa to lay down. The girl is exhausted; she
has been working collecting and selling flowers to support her family. She
awakens and says she saw the most beautiful flower on the mountain that she
knows would sell for a lot of money. She tries to rise and nearly faints again.
The party decides to retreive the flower while they wait for Jyadis ship.
- Bomb the entrance door to enter the mountain and go through the NE door to a
plaque and a blue chest. The plaque reads: ¦The pillars moved by hand can be
moved by a Hammer. This lets you move pillars far away. There are rocks and
walls that can be broken by the Hammer.T Open the chest and receive the Hammer
Skill. You can destroy some types of rocks, walls and pillars with this Skill.
Go through the SE door.
*****Note: Remember to go back to the Cave NW of Alunze to a room NE from the
entrance room that had rocks along the southern wall. You can break these rocks
with the Hammer to get 2 treasures.
- Use the Hammer to break the rocks and go through the SE door to the outside.
Climb the steps to a room with a row of spikes separating you from a pillar and
a floor switch. Hit the pillar with the Hammer to move it on to the floor switch
and open the NW door. Go through the door and you will come to a room with
chasms and a land island in the middle of the chasm. Do not worry about the
pillar and NE door for now. Go through the NW door and take the stairs up.
- The stairs lead to room split by unmoveable blocks and a rock that can be
broke by the Hammer. Go south through the door to the outside. You will be
standing above a ledge with arrows to indicate that you can jump down. Go ahead
and jump down to the ledge then walk all the way west and jump down again to
- Re-enter the mountain and continue north until you come to a room with vines
along the north wall and a door near the NW corner that leads to the south.
First cut the vines to reveal a door. Both doors in this room to lead to the
same room but to different parts. First enter from the vine-hidden door. The
room beyond is a room of spikes that create paths for you to follow. Follow the
paths from the vine door to get a treasure (life potion). Then go to a clear
floor space near north part of room. Use the Hammer to break part of the north
wall. (You cannot use bombs on the spikes or you could bomb north wall.) Return
to the previous room and take the SW door to enter the other section of this
room. If you used the Hammer to break the N wall, you can get a treasure (snake
rock). Continue until you reach the stairs up. Go up.
- You enter a room with another set of stairs up and a door south. If you take
the door south you will enter a room split by an uncrossable chasm. So take the
stairs up and go south to a hp, magic and save spot. The grass and rocks in the
room hid a cracked floor. Fall through the floor and you be on the south side of
the uncrossable chasm. Get the single treasure (Burn Sword - great vs. main boss
of this mountain and others who are weak vs. fire) and go south to the outside.
Outside you can get a blue chest (Flower Key). Now walk east and jump down to
ledge. Go all the way west and jump down again (yes, you have been here before).
- Climb the steps to a room with a row of spikes separating you from a pillar
and a floor switch. Hit the pillar with the Hammer to move it on to the floor
switch and open the NW door. Go through the door and you will come to a room
with chasms and a land island in the middle of the chasm. This time use the
Hammer from the south ledge to push the pillar north. Then use Hammer to push
pillar east. Hook to pillar and go to the NE door. Go through the door and take
the stairs up to the eastern half of the room with the unmoveable blocks and the
rock. First go through the N door (not the locked door) to a puzzle room.
- The room is a room of spikes and 3 warp tiles. You must step on all 3 tiles
without stepping on any space twice. First step on the left floor switch and a
warp tile will light up. Go 1n, then all way west to spike wall, go 4n (you will
be directly west of lit warp tile, then go 6e to tile. You warp back out of
puzzle. Now step on the middle floor switch and another warp tile lights up. Go
1n, 1w, 1n, 2w, 2n, then all the way east to the spike wall then n and w to the
lit warp tile. Finally go to the last floor switch and then north and west to
last warp tile. This drops all the spikes in the little corridor near the
southeast part of the room. First bomb the NE wall section near the end of the
corridor for 3 treasures (Flying ax, DragonEgg#6, power ring). Then take the N
door and take the stairs up. Go south to the outside and you will see you are at
the summit of the mountain. Climb steps and hook west to get the Earth Capsule
Monster. Now return to the locked door in the room before the puzzle and go
through the locked door.
-Continue through the next few rooms which take you outside and back in the
mountain. Eventually you will reach a hp recovery and save spot. Go south and
prepare for the main boss.
- Outside you can see the flower that Leefa needs to the east past another
flower. The first flower is the main boss, the Rogue Flower. The Rogue Flower is
vulnerable to fire and uses Sneezespreader to put you to sleep.
- Defeat the flower and pick the flower that Leefa wanted. Selan warps you back
to Treadool. Back in town, Leefa is overjoyed that you give her the flower. She
promises to grow a lot of flowers which Selan names Priphea and promises to give
Selan one when they have grown. Once you leave Leefais house, there is word that
Lexis is in town. Go to the docks. The ship is finished and the engine is
installed. It is time to go sailing after Lexis (level 28) joins your party.
Chpt 15 - A Tale of Two Kingdoms and an Icon
- sail south of Treadool to a single town on a island near some shoals. This is
Forfeit Island, another part of the game that you do not need to do to win the
game but it is a lot of fun. See Appendix B for a list of attractions and things
to do on Forfeit Island.
- sail directly east of Forfeit Island and you will reach a castle near a
watergate to the ocean.
Auralio Kingdom shops:
weapons: broadsword, estok, superdriver
armor: metal coat, silver mail, power jacket, shade hat, silver hat, tuff
- the talk of the town is about the Ruby Icon and Prince Leon. It seems that
Auralio was always at odds with Dankirk Kingdom but now Leon has gone to Dankirk
to give the Queen of Dankirk the kingdomis treasure, the Ruby Icon, as a symbol
of peace. You must have the Princeis permission to go through the watergate to
the open sea.
- sail north and a little west of Auralio to reach Dankirk
Dankirk Kingdom shops:
spells: shield, courage, mirror, coma
weapons: broadsword, estok, superdriver
armor: metal coat, silver mail, power jacket, shade hat, silver hat, tuff
- the talk of the kingdom is about how Auralio and Dankirk may at last know
peace because of the Ruby Icon. No one knows who crafted Auraliois national
treasure but it is highly prized. Make sure to talk to Prince Leon and the King
and Queen of Dankirk. You learn that tomorrow is the signing of the peace treaty
and that the Ruby Icon will be on display to show the peace of the two nations.
- Try to leave the castle and a cinema begins. Apparently the real Ruby Icon has
been stolen and there is no clue as to who stole it. Note Berty and Bart
outside. It seems the peace treaty is off until the Icon is found. Well, the
Icon was made of glass so maybe another one can be made.
- Go to Clamento and see Jaffy, the glassmaker. The Ruby Icon was made by
Jaffyis teacher so he knows what it looks like. After a little convincing, Jaffy
agrees to make you a Ruby Icon. Take the amazing imitation back to Dankirk and
give it to Prince Leon. The Prince notices that it is a fake but thanks you and
decides to use the replica in the signing ceremony which you are asked to
- the cinema continues at the signing ceremony in which Prince Leon offers the
LIconi as a testimony of goodwill but the greedy Queen notices that it is not
the real Icon. The Queen is insulted and threatens to invade Dankirk. Princess
Thea rushes in to stop her parents who knew nothing of the Iconis theft. The
King calls for James to search for the Icon but apparently James has been gone
for a couple of days. The last time James was seen he was heading for the North
Dungeon. Hmmmm....letis find James.
Dankirk North Cave
- there is a man at the entrance to the cave that tells you that James entered
earlier. James ignored the guardis orders to stop and went into the cave. Go
north through the door into a room with grass growing and a single pot. Cut the
grass near the NE corner to reveal a floor switch. Put the pot on the floor
switch and continue north when the door opens.
- You enter a large room with a blue carpet strip. The room has a lower section
toward the east near a lever and pillars. First go through the NW door and take
the SW door. Go down the stairs to B2.
- Go through the SE door to a room with an eye near the NE door. The eye is
closed but if you walk near it, it will open and shut the door. You will have to
Reset the room if the eye opens. The solution is to move the pillar from the SW
corner to in front of the eye. Then walk south of the pillar and go through the
- The next room is a puzzle room with a plaque that reads: ¦When all the
switches are blue, the path will open.T This means that you will have to find 4
switches to lower the 4 rows of spikes that lead to stairs down to the main
boss. The first switch is nearby so go down the steps and east to the first
switch. This lowers the 2nd row of spikes. Go back to B1 and the room with the
- Back in the blue carpet room, take the NE door. You will enter a room with 2
moveable blocks along with unmoveable blocks. Take the SW door and go down the
stairs to B2.
- You are back in another section of the puzzle room. Go south to a floor
switch. Step on the switch and a glass bridge will extend to the east of you on
the upper level. Now go back to the blue carpet room on B1.
- Back in the blue carpet room, go to the lever and hit it so that a pillar
rises near the SE part of the room. Use one of the arrows on the floor and drop
to the lower section of the room. Climb the steps and Hook to the pillar to the
south. Go through the NE door and go down the stairs to B2.
- Go through the south door and head west. Go through the NW door and you are in
the puzzle room again near the newly made glass bridge. Go north across the
bridge and go to the Arrow and drop to the SE corner. Bomb the suspicious bone
pile and reveal a floor switch. Step on the switch and the north wall will open.
Go north and west to a 2nd switch to drop the first row of spikes. Climb the
steps and cut the vines to reveal a bombable wall. Bomb the wall three times and
go north. You enter the western section with 2 chests (Earth fruit, hi-magic).
Move the 2 moveable blocks (one block was on a floor switch that lowered the
west spikes, I suggest putting the block back in position.) Go up the stairs to
B1 and go south back to the blue carpet room.
- Back in the blue carpet room, take the NW door again back to the puzzle room.
-Go to the platform near the first switch that you turned to blue and there is
now a glass bridge leading south. Go through the south door to a room with
stairs down to B3.
- You will enter a room with grass in the SW corner near the stairs. Go to the
east and north through a small hallway to a chasm with 3 levers on the other
side. Arrow the 3 levers to extend a bridge and take the SE door. Go east and
take the NE door to a room with a treasure (fury ribbon). Continue through the
bombable N wall.
- You enter a room with 3 raised pillars blocking you. Push against the pillars
and they fall. Go north into the room and the pillars will raise behind you. You
will notice two bridges above the room that need to fall on to the 2 floor
switches. To make these switches fall, cut the vines on the NW and NE wall to
reveal 2 eyes. Shoot the eyes with Arrows and they will close. This will drop
the north pillars so you can reach the stairs down. Ignore the stairs for now
and cut the vines north to reveal a 3rd eye. Shoot it then go south to the 3rd
switch. Hit the switch to drop another row of spikes then go down the stairs to
- Go through the N door to a room with a chasm surrounding 2 statues and a blue
chest. There is also a warp tile. If you look closely you will also notice 2
different floor tiles near the NW and NE sections. This room is connected to the
room through the warp tile so go through the tile to a mirror of this room that
has 2 floor switches, a moveable block and the 4th switch. Push the block on to
the NW floor switch and a flame will light in this room. Go back through the
warp tile and go to the NW and step on the tile there to create part of a
bridge. Go back through the warp tile and move the block to the NE floor switch
to light the other flame. Go through the warp tile to the first room and step on
the NE tile to complete the bridge. Cross the bridge and get the blue chest
(Dankirk Key). Finally go back through the warp tile and push the block back to
its original crest to create 2 bridges. Now you can reach the 4th switch. Hit
the switch to lower the final spikes. Return to the puzzle room on B2 and take
the stairs down beyond the 4 puzzle spikes to B3.
- You will enter a room with grass. A wall blocks 3 treasures. Cut the single
grass near the south wall. Push south to enter a secret passage. Go south, east,
then south and west to treasures (flame jewel, figgoru, DragonEgg#7). Go back
and step on the risen tile/strange floor tile to open the NE door.
- You enter a room that leads to a single bridge south. Cross the bridge to a
spot with a single grate covering a hole, a set of stairs down on a separate
island, and another set of stairs down. Remove the grate from the hole and drop
- You fall to the east side of a room separated by a chasm. Hit the lever to
extend a bridge in the western part of the room. Climb the nearby stairs back to
B3. Hook east to the other stairs and go down the stairs there to B4.
- Cross the bridge and go through the door. Continue through the south door to a
recovery room and a save spot. Go through the south door and you are in the
middle of the room with the bridges. Build an arrow facing south out of the
blocks in the NW corner to create a bridge south. Cross the bridge and go south
through the door and take the stairs down to B5.
- Go through the south door. Continue through the next room and go through the N
locked door. The next room is a series of walkways. You must fight through the
Shadows to get through the room. Go through the north door. Continue through the
next room and go through the south door to a save spot. Go through the south
door and continue through the next room. Go through the north room to the final
- the final room: a cinema begins when you enter this room in which James gives
Prince Klaus of Gratze the Ruby Icon. It seems that James will be rewarded by
becoming a minister in Gratze. Your party interrupts James and Klausi little
meeting and Guy kindly introduces the party. Klaus sends 4 soldiers to get you.
- 4 soldiers Special attack: Dash
- defeat the soldiers and Klaus will run off leaving behind James and the Ruby
Icon. You take James and the Icon back to Dankirk. James is questioned by the
King before the signing ceremony begins. It seems that peace will last between
Dankirk and Auralio because of Prince Leon and Princess Thea.
- return to Auralio and visit the Prince. He will open the watergate so that you
can continue on your journey. Talk to the Prince a second time and receive the
VIP card for the casino at Forfeit Island. Now you can gamble for the big bucks!
- talk to the villagers of Auralio and they now talk about Ferim Kingdom, which
lies beyond the watergate. It seems that a tower NE of Ferim is emitting
something. Could it be a Sinistralis work? Time to sail to Ferim.
Chpt 16 - The Princessi Gem and Another Destroyed Town
- sail directly south of Auralio to reach Ferim Kingdom
- Ferim Kingdomis shops:
spells: champion, firebird, ice valk
weapons: royal whip, spear, silvo rapier
armor: quilted silk, eron hat, tuff buckler
- the talk of the town is of Princess Jeritis upcoming marriage to Eric, a rich
jerk from across the sea. Apparently, the kingdom needs the money Eric can bring
by marrying the Princess but Jeritis suitor must first find a gem in the NE
Tower before she will marry him. However, the Tower is full of monsters after a
strange man landed on the Tower. Eric is having Hans, the Princessi bodyguard,
go to the Tower to retreive the gem. Hans agreed because he wants to check on
the man in the Tower and because he wants the Princess to be happy. Word is also
that a lady traveler told the King not to go near the Tower then left for the
Tower herself. Letis head for the Tower.
- Go north from the entrance room to a room with a bombable NE wall and a NW
door. Bomb the NE wall and take the stairs up to 2F.
- Go south through a door then go through the NW door in the next room. You will
enter a room with pillars. Use the Hammer to push the pillar and Hook to the SW
door. (You do not need to take the NW door; it loops back around to the NW door
on 1F.) Go through the door to the outside and climb the ladder to 3F and enter
the west door.
- You enter a room with a chasm and a plaque that reads ¦Arrow rotates with the
sword.T This plaque refers to the 4 arrow marks on the floor and the moving
bridge. Hit the arrows with your sword so that they are pointing east. Then hit
the lever and the bridge will slide to the eastern section of the room. Go back
outside and take the east door and cross the bridge to the NE door. Go through
the door and continue north. Get the single treasure (Stun gun); then go south
and take the stairs up to 4F.
- Go south through a door and you will be outside. Climb down the ladder to 2F
and re-enter the Tower.
- The room that you enter is a puzzle room. There are dark flame crests inside a
set of unmoveable blocks. You must turn the flames to light crests by stepping
on them. The solution is to enter the puzzle from the south entrance. Go west to
the wall then 2N, 1E, 1N, 1W, 1N, 3E, 2S, 1W, 2S, 2E, 4N to exit and open the
north door. Go north and take the stairs down to 1F.
- blue chest (Trial Key). Take the key and return to 3F and the room with the
moving bridge. Hit the arrows with your sword so that they are pointing west
then hit the lever and move the bridge west. Go south to the outside and again
take the west door, cross the bridge and take the NW door. Go through the door
and take the stairs up to 4F.
- You enter a large room with arrow switches that change the way the platforms
move. The platform and arrows will return to original position when you step off
the platform. First letis get the treasures. Turn the first arrow to face east,
ride the platform east, hit south switch to east and ride bottom/south platform
to treasure (mysto jewel). Ride platform back to original platform. With arrows
facing original directions, ride platform west (just donit hit arrow), ride
north platform to SW corner. Get the treasure (sami jewel) and return to
original platform. To get to the SE door: ride the platform to the NW, stay on
the same platform and hit arrow to change it to the south so the platform goes
to the door. Go through the door south until you reach the outside. Take the
ladder up to 5F and re-enter tower.
- Go north through the locked door to a puzzle room. There are 2 floor switches
inside a square of unmoveable blocks. Two levers raise the spikes inside the
square. Use the spikes to separate the 2 samurai so they can step on the
switches. When the 2 monsters step on the switches, the door will open to the
- You enter the final room and see Hans in the middle of the room. He is
paralyzed by some force. The party can sense a Sinistralis energy. They move to
surround and protect Hans as the main boss appears. It is Amon, the Master of
Chaos. Amon is impressed by your energy but not too concerned. Guy rushes Amon
but is cast aside and Amon leaves, deciding not to waste his time with you.
Amonis power is staggering. With Amon gone, Hans is freed and embrassed yet
ready to go and get the gem for the Princess.
- The cinema continues in the room to the north yet there doesnit seem to be any
gem here. There is only a plain blue stone that Hans insists is the gem that the
Princess wants. He returns to Ferim.
- Return to Ferim and go to the throne room. A cinema begins between Princess
Jerit, Eric and later Hans. The significance of the stone is explained as is
Hansi feelings for his Princess and the King puts Eric in his place. Lastly, a
messenger bumps into Guy and reports that a single man has destroyed the town of
Agurio, north of the Northeast Tower. It must be Amon; head for Agurio.
- head north of Northeast Tower to a shrine. Go through the shrine and head
- The town of Agurio is completely destroyed and all the villagers are dead
except for Iris. A long cinema begins in which Iris tells Maxim to give up the
sword and go back to Parcelyte and live in peace. They discuss Amon and how
Maximis controlled rage adds to his energy. They also talk of Dual Blade and
then bury the people of Agurio.
- The cinema continues after the burial. Iris says that she say a ball of light
go south. As Iris moves to leave, Maxim asks if they will ever know who she
really is. Iris replies that the time will come but she is unsure if he will
know her in her true form.
- return to Ferim. The guard at the castle entrance says that he saw a light
head south toward Treble Village. Treble is south beyond the ocean so get in the
ship and head south.
Chpt 17 - A Laboratory and an Elf Child
- Trebleis shops:
weapons: royal whip, spear, silvo rapier, pounder rod
armor: quilted silk, eron hat, circlet, tuff buckler
- The villagers are talking of the ball of light. It seems that the light went
into the ocean southwest of Treble. You also meet a small boy who has heard of
an invention in Portravia that can go underwater. Lexis says that it must be his
friend Kirmois submarine. Maybe you can use this sub to track Amon underwater.
An old man in the temple also tells you where to take the Dragon Eggs (to a town
named Pico Forest in the far east - wait until you get the sub before going to
- Head east and south by land to reach Portravia.
- Portraviais shops:
spells: thunder, dragon, valor
weapons: launcher, pounder rod, battledriver, rainy ax
armor: metal armor, power cape, circlet, golden helm, tect buckler
- the talk of the town is of elves. There is word of an elf village south of
town beyond the Mountain of No Return. One boy even says he has an elf friend
that he plays with. An elf child has also been spotted near the townis lab. Also
there is word that the lab is oozing oil into the water and that no plants will
grow near the lab itself.
- Enter Kirmo Laboratory. Everyone knows Lexis and tells you that Kirmo has
perfected his invention but does not have a ship that can work for the submarine
engine. There is also word that things are getting stolen or lost.
- Talk to Kirmo and Lexis offers your ship for Kirmois plan. He will remodel the
ship into a submarine and ship. You bring the ship to Kirmois lab and Kirmo
sends an attendant for the sub plans. A tiny elf girl grabs the plans and runs.
Without the plans, Kirmo cannot remodel your ship. Time to track down that elven
- Head east and south of Portravia to the Mountain of No Return.
Mountain of No Return
- The entrance to the mountain introduces a new trick to overcome that I will
call force statues. The statues have a horse-like face. You cannot walk in front
of the statue as an invisible barrier pushs you back. The entrance room has 2 of
these force statues. Push the east statue 3w and 1n to make the statues face
each other and negate their force. Go through the north door to another room
with force statues.
- The second room has 8 statues and one moveable pillar. The statues are
arranged like this with the letter indicating which direction they are facing:
1s 2w 9 = moveable pillar
To solve this puzzle:
- move the regular pillar 9 between 7 and 8. Move 8 2N then all way west to
block 5. Move 7 1N, then move 9 2W and then all way north to block 3 and 1. Move
8 2E then 3N to block 2. You should now be able to get to the north door. Go
through the door and take the stairs up.
- Follow the only path available through the next 8 rooms. You will go outside
and down a set of stairs until you finally reach a huge room with lots of force
statues. The statues are arranged somewhat like this:
6w This picture is not completely accurate
3e 7n as there are a number of rocks blocking the
4s room into sections. I just wanted to some
5n chest 8w approximate placement and direction of
11w force statues.
To get through this room and get the single chest (aqua sword):
push #1 2S, then push #2, 1E. Push #6 3S then go back and push #1, 1S. Walk
along west wall to the south to #9. Push #9 2N. Then go east to next to #10 and
go north. Push #8 1N and get the treasure. Push #10 1S, then push #11 2S. Lastly
push #10 all way south and exit the room through the south door.
- Outside, you see an elf child who runs but is surrounded by monsters. You run
to her rescue and must fight 4 gargoyles. Special attack: Bite
- when you defeat the gargoyles, another elf appears telling the child to stop.
The elf is Artea who reprimands the girl for speaking harshly to ones who have
just saved her life. The child protests telling Artea about the lab draining
ooze and killing the city. Lexis promises to clean up the lab so flowers will
again bloom in Portravia. Lexis leaves with the plans and heads back to
- the cinema continues with 2 elven messengers arriving to tell Artea bad news.
A ball of light has appeared in the village. It may be Amon so you volunteer to
go with Artea to confront the Sinistral. After a little hesitation, Artea agrees
and everyone hurries to the elf village.
Chpt 18 - The Divine Shrine and a Submarine
- when you arrive in the village, an elf maid, Milka, tells Artea that the ball
of light has captured Karyn, Milkais mother. The ball of light headed for the
Divine Shrine, a place that only Karyn can use to boost peopleis power. You are
told that you cannot enter the Shrine without an elf so Artea (level 38) goes
- Eseriktois shops:
spells: thunder, firebird, dragon, ice valk, fry
weapons: crazy blade, trident
armor: plate armor, evening gown, silver robe, gold band, gold shield, gold
- head south over a bridge then SW to a shrine
The Divine Shrine
- head north through a door and go down a set of stairs down to B1
- this huge room is the only room on this floor. The room is a series of islands
that can only be reached by Hooking to the pillars on the island. There are 7
sets of stairs up to 1F. Do NOT take the stairs in the SW corner of the room as
they only lead to a room full of monsters. The stairs just N of the original
platform are also not important.
- First Hook NE, E, N, NW, W and walk north to a set of stairs.
1F (from N stairs near lever)
- Go east and take the stairs up to 2F.
- You will enter the lower part of a room. Take the steps up and go through the
door north to a blue chest (Heart Key). Return to B1.
- After getting the key, go to north wall and use Hook or Arrow skill to hit a
lever to raise a new island just SE of you. Hook to new island then Hook back to
west pillar so you fall to the lower floor. Go south along floor to return to
the original platform. Then Hook NE, E, N, NE, E to moveable pillar. Push pillar
all way N (this will place it directly east of new island. Then go back to where
pillar was and Hook W, S, NW, W to where you went up the stairs to get the Key.
Hook E to new island then E again to the moveable pillar. Walk N and Hook east.
Walk south to a set of stairs up to 1F.
1F (from NE stairs)
- this room has 6 pots in the NW corner and 6 in the SE corner. Remove the SE
pot in the NW set of pots to lower the spikes northward. Go north and take the
stairs down to B1.
- Get the single treasure (Rocket Ring). Use the arrow to jump down to floor
below (you cannot return to 1F as the spikes have raised behind you. You will
return here later however) Run south and west back to original platform.
- Now Hook W, then N, W, N to moveable pillar. Push pillar all way north then
Hook W, S, and walk along west wall to NW corner. Then walk east along north
wall to a moveable pillar. Push the pillar east out of your way so you can walk
south. Hook S, then W to moveable pillar and lastly N to a set of stairs up to
- You enter a room with a blocked southern part. Go through the north door to
get a single treasure (revive armor). Return to B1.
- Hook W to fall to the floor and return to the original platform.
- Hook NE, E, N, NE, E to moveable pillar. Push pillar all way N (this will
place it directly east of new island. Then go back to where pillar was and Hook
W, S, NW, W to where you went up the stairs to get the Key. Hook E to new
island then E again to the moveable pillar. Walk N and Hook east. Walk south to
a set of stairs up to 1F.
1F (from NE stairs)
- this room has 6 pots in the NW corner and 6 in the SE corner. This time take
the SE pot in SE set of pots to reveal a cracked floor. Fall through the floor
- After you fall, Hook W, walk south and Hook W. Walk S again and Hook W, then
S, then walk east and Hook E, E, N to a set of stairs up to 1F.
- Walk east and take stairs up to 2F.
- Continue north through 2 rooms and you will reach a room with a strip of red
carpet. Follow carpet west and the torches on the wall will light and open the
SW door. Go through the next room and you will reach the upper part of the room
that lead you to the Heart Key. Walk west on to a platform and shoot or Hook the
button on the north wall to make the platform slide west. Go through the NW door
and continue north until you reach a room with a strip of red carpet. Follow the
carpet east and the torches on the wall will light and open the east wall. Take
the stairs up to 3F.
- You enter a room with a bombable NE wall and a southern door. Bomb the wall
and enter a puzzle room. There are 5 musical notes in front of spikes. Each note
drops a row of spikes so you must hit the notes in the correct order to lower
the spikes. The plaque reads: ¦Listened to the ordered scale of the tune.T
The notes are arranged like this:
1 2 3 4 5
Step on 3, 2, 4, 1, 5 to lower the spikes and get the single chest
(DragonEgg#8). Also bomb the N wall behind the chest to get a single chest (Holy
Whip - nice weapon for Selan). Go back to the south door and go through the next
room to a locked door. In the next room, use the Hammer to push the 2 pillars on
to the plates to open the North door.
- The final room: as you approach the door a cinema begins between Amon and
Karyn. Amon wants Karyn to open the door to the inner sanctum of the shrine but
the elf refuses. Karyn has allowed herself to be kidnapped to protect her
village and to take Amon to a place where she can use her powers but she cannot
possibly defeat him alone. The party rushes to Karynis aid but Amonis energy
pushes the party back until Karyn releases her own energy forcing Amon to flee.
The party is knocked back but Artea rushes to Karyn, who is becoming
transparent. She has given her life to try and defeat Amon but it was not enough
to defeat him. Karyn claims that now Artea is the last hope and asks him to look
after Milka. Karyn disappears. The party approaches and Artea decides to go with
them to destroy the evil that has killed Karyn.
- Go north into the inner sanctum. Step on the warp tile to increase your
abilites, then return to Eserikto.
- Back in Eserikto and a cinema begins between Artea and Milka. After the
cinema, talk to the villagers and you will learn that Amon has returned to the
- Return to Portravia and go to the lab. Your ship has been remodeled into a
submarine for undersea travel. Lexis agologies for the ooze and explains that he
has solved the problem. Artea is pleased but now is the time to track Amon. It
seems he went underwater near the town of Barnan.
- Before going to Barnan, warp to Parcelyte. Get in the ship and go underwater.
Go south and west to a whirlpool. Enter the whirlpool and get 2 secret fruit and
the Water Capsule Monster.
- You can at this time take a short side trip to receive a reward for collecting
the 8 DragonEggs. Warp to Treble and sail east or go east by land. Near the
eastern end of the land, there is an island shrine surrounded by a lake. On the
east shore of the lake there is a town called Pico Forest. Enter the town and
learn that once you use the DragonEggs, they will go back to the dungeons. You
can then use the Jewel Sonar (a prize from the casino) to return to each cave
and find the 8 eggs again to retreive another reward from the Dragon Shrine. Use
the sub to go underwater and enter the lake and go to the Dragon Shrine.
- With your 8 DragonEggs choose a wish. You can select from: 1) a set of potions
(life, spell, speed, mind, power and brave - 10 of each) 2) a set of Capsule
Monster Fruit (secret, earth, holy, breeze, charm, dark, flame, magic - 20 of
each) 3) Ancient Shield 4) A set of super rings (S-power, pro, mind, witch,
myst, thun, ice, fire, water
If you collect 4 sets of DragonEggs, talk to the dragon again. This time
you'll have an option to fight him. The Egg Dragon is VERY tough. The
only way to have a hope of beating him is to get the lizard blow sword (found in
the worldis hardest puzzle - Dragon Mountain). With the lizard blow you can
inflict about 1000 pts of damage with an attack and over 2000 with the IP
attack. Even doing this amount of damage it will still take a very long time to
beat him, but he will eventually die. When you win will receive the egg sword
and ring. The egg sword is pretty weak but the Egg ring is incredible. While
wearing the ring all of your stats will become 999 (except for guts which
will be 199). With egg ring you can equip the egg sword (or any other sword)
and still have an attack of 999. The Egg ring and is worth going through all
that trouble to get.
- Warp back to Portravia and sail west to Barnan.
Chpt 19 - The Undersea Shrine
- Barnanis shops:
weapons: red saber, halberd, crystal wand, mist rapier
armor: plati plate, silk robe, plati helm, plati band, plati gloves, plati
- the talk of the town is of the South Shrine and how it is now full of monsters
after a ball of light went into the sea near the shrine, but the entrance to the
shrine has crumbled to rubble so you are going to have to enter it from
- go underwater and head south and west to a whirlpool that leads to the South
Shrine of Vengence
- the sub comes up in a pool of water near a set of stairs. Go up the stairs to
- You enter a room with 2 switches (one red, one green) and a lever. The south
door leads to the broken entrance to the shrine so it is not necessary to go
that way. Currently a NE door should be showing. Take and hit the green lever so
both levers are red. Then hit the west switch and turn it green, then hit the
lever and the wall will move to reveal a NW door. Go through the NW door.
- Continue through the next room taking the SW door. In the following room, use
the Hammer to move the west pillar so that you can Hook across the chasm.
(Ignore the stairs down which lead to a monster room that you would fall to if
you forget to move the pillar and Hook to it without moving it.) Go through the
NW door and take the stairs down to B1.
- Nothing but grass grows in the first room of this floor so go through the SE
door. The room you enter is split by a river. You enter the west section of the
room that has one pot and one floor switch. In order to go through the S door,
you must grab the pot and then manuever the monster in the eastern section of
the room on to the switch on that side. When the monster steps on the switch,
drop the pot on the floor switch on the western section of the room to raise the
spikes to trap the monster and keep the S door open. Go through the south door
and take the stairs down to B2.
- You enter a small room with a north door and a different tile near the SW
corner (you will warp back to this spot from another room later.) Before leaving
push against the east wall just east of the stairs and you will walk through a
secret passage to a lever. Hit the lever to raise a stake in a nearby room. Go
back and take the north door.
- You enter a large room with a raised and lower floor. Use the arrows on the
floor to drop to the lower floor. There is no need to take the NE door (it leads
back around to the east half of the room split by the river where you trapped
the monster to open the door.) Head toward the NW and read the plaque. It reads:
¦Shoot ArrowsT. Go west of the plaque and stand on the plate. You will see a
bridge to the west of you suspended by rope. Use Arrows or Fire Arrows to cut
the ropes and make the bridge drop into place. Go down the steps and cross the
bridge. Just west of the bridge is a treasure chest in the NW corner. Hook to
the stake (this was the stake that the earlier lever raised) and get the chest
(power robe). Continue south and take the SW door.
- You will enter another puzzle room with a plaque. The plaque reads: ¦When the
flame goes out, the path will open.T Push both moveable pillars north into water
to raise the water level and extinguish the flames. This will lower the spikes
around the warp tile. Before warping, bomb the N wall to get 2 treasures (freeze
sword, boom sword). Take the warp tile and you will return to the first room on
B2. Take the stairs up and return to the room with the 2 switches that change to
red and green.
- Back in the first room, turn both switches back to red then change east switch
to green and hit lever to reveal NE door. Go through the NE door. Follow the
dark tile path through the next room to a large room. The large room has a
western section that is lowered as well as stairs down and 3 sets of stairs up
(you will not be able to see all of the stairs from this part of the room.)
First take the stairs down to B1.
- This is a puzzle room with 2 red and 2 blue blocks. Spikes surround a switch
and a blue chest. First push the 2 blue blocks on to the north plates (near N
wall on either side of chest). Hit the switch and it will turn blue and drop one
row of spikes. Push the red blocks on to the other plates and hit switch again
to lower all spikes. Get the blue chest (Ghost Key) and return to room above.
- After getting the key, go west and follow the rim around the room to a set of
stairs up. Go up to 2F.
- This room is split by unmoveable blocks. Go through the south door and you
will enter a large room with a barricade west blocking the north locked door.
There is also an enclosed square near the middle of the room that contain a set
of stairs up to 3F and another set of stairs down to 1F. Do not worry about
either of these room features. Just follow the room around to a door.
- You will enter a room with multiple bomb spots along a north wall. Bomb the NE
wall section to get a single treasure (heal armor). Then bomb the NW wall to
continue on your journey. The other bombable spots are useless; they just reveal
blank walls behind them. Go through the NW bombable spot to reach the blocked
off section with the locked door. Go through the locked door and continue until
you reach a set of stairs down to 1F. Take the stairs down.
- The stairs lead you to the extreme SW corner of the large room (which had
stairs leading to where you got the key). Step on to the platform and you will
be swept east to a set of stairs up to 2F. Take the stairs.
- Continue through the next room and take the south door. The door leads to a
room with broken pillars and bones. Bomb the rubble and bones to reveal a
cracked floor spot. Fall through the floor back to 1F and the large room.
- The fall lands you in the lower section of the large 1F room. Go west and you
will see a set of steps just out of your reach. Notice, however, that the
pillars on the platform are cracked. Bomb or Hammer the pillars at the base of
the steps to lower the platform with the ladder. Do NOT take the warp tile north
of the lowered platform. It will just take you to the upper section of this same
room and you will have to work your way back here again. Take the steps and the
stairs up to 2F.
- You are inside the enclosed square with the stairs you saw previously.
Continue on to 3F by taking the stairs up.
- Go south through a door and you will be outside. First go west and bomb the
western-most panel. Go inside and take the stairs up to 4F.
- Continue to climb the stairs to 5F.
- There is a chariot monster near the NE wall in this room. Kill the monster to
reveal a bombable wall spot. Bomb the wall and get the single treasure (Bright
armor), then take the stairs up to 6F.
- Get the single treasure (evil jewel) and return to 3F and the outside.
- This time go east until you reach a chasm. Use the Hammer to destroy the
cracking pillar on the east side and it will fall to create a bridge for you.
Re-enter the tower.
- You will be in a puzzle room with a plaque. The plaque reads: ¦The carpet
without wrinkles goes well with this room.T Use the moveable block to smooth out
the carpet to open the NW door. You will find a recovery room with a hp and
magic recovery as well as a save spot. The main boss is near so head north and
take the stairs up to 4F.
- As you enter the final room, you notice a large orb near the door. As you
approach you are attacked by the main boss, Venge Ghost. The Venge Ghost has
some harmful spells such as Confuse, Firebird, and Thunder. Make sure to use
fire weapons/spells and/or Holy weapons such as Selanis Holy Whip against this
creature of negative energy.
- When you defeat the ghost, Artea releases a sacred energy to let the creature
rest. Go through the N door and get the single chest (Cursed Bow). Equip Artea
with this cursed weapon. Then go to a priest in any town and have the holy man
lift the Curse to get Artyis Bow, a weapon that attacks all monsters.
- return to Barnan and you will notice Iris near the entrance of town. She has
been waiting for you and wants to talk with Maxim alone. Selan refuses to let
her husband be alone with Iris and Iris replies that Selan must not trust her
husband. It is time to prove Selanis trust in the Tower of Truth, Iris says. The
Tower is west of Durale, a town south of Barnan. Iris then leaves as Maxim
remarks that Iris did not seem herself. Guy and Selan think Maxim knows Iris too
well. On Selanis insistance, you head to Durale.
- sail west and stop at a single tree on an island to get the Dark Capsule
Monster. Then continue west to Durale.
Chpt 20 - The Truth about Iris
spells: destroy, zap
weapons: silver sword, heavy lance, silver rod, freeze bow
armor: crystal mail, crystal robe, crysto helm, crysto beret, gauntlet
- the people of Durale tell the party that there is a mirror atop the West Tower
that reflects the true self and will not reflect the image of liars. You also
learn that Iris went to that tower. A man in the cafe also says that the famed
cider, Tablose or green tea is ready in a kingdom over the sea to the east. Even
the royal family enjoys Tablose. (Iim not sure why this is important but
Sundletan sells the green tea.)
- go west of Durale to reach the tower
Tower of Truth
- Go north through a door to the toweris first room. First take the SE door to a
room with 2 floor switches, 2 obstacle rows and 4 musical notes. Each note
raises one of the obstacle pillars a certain heighth. The floor switches give
you the pattern to copy in order to open each of the doors. Step on the east
floor switch and a pattern will spring up in the south obstacle pillars. Repeat
the pattern by stepping on the notes. The notes are arranged from lowest to
highest or like this 1 2 3 4. Step on 3, 2, 1, 4 to open the NE door. Step
on 3, 4, 2, 1 to open the NW door.
- Go through the NE door to a room split by a chasm. You enter the east section
of the room which contains a lever. Hit the lever and pillars will raise in the
western section. Go back to the entrance room and bomb the NW wall to reach the
west section of the room. Hook to the newly raised pillars and go through the
door north. Take the stairs up to 2F.
- This room is also split by a chasm. The chasm is in the NE section of the room
and you cannot cross it to go toward the west (you will circle back to here
after getting a few chests). Go through the south door and you will see a single
serpent woman. If you attack her or are attacked by the woman (she moves VERY
fast) and defeat her, she will split into 4 other monsters. We suggest arrowing
her and getting around her or you will have to battle all 5. Go through the
south door and continue through the next room through a NE door.
- The next room has 3 orbs with eyes and a number of blue-centered and red-
centered pillars controlled by a switch. To get through the room, Arrow the
switch so it turns blue and raises the blue pillars. Walk east to the wall and
then south to a pillar. Turn and Arrow the switch to raise the red pillars.
Continue south until you are just north of an orb with eyes. Then walk west to
the wall, turn and Arrow switch to blue and walk to the SW door. Go through the
door to the outside and climb the ladder to 3F.
- Re-enter the tower. You will enter the tower in a room with a chasm. Hook east
to the pillar and go through the NE door. You will enter a room with a cracked
floor tile. Fall through the tile to 2F.
- You fall to a room with no special features except for a bombable NE wall.
Bomb the fall and go through to retreive a single treasure (Super Sword). Go
through the bombable NW wall and you will find yourself back in the first room
of 2F on the east side of the chasm. Hook west and work your way back to the
outside. This time climb to 4F.
- Re-enter the tower and go through the NE door. There is a plaque in the room
and 2 floor switches. The plaque reads: ¦There is only one true switch.T This
plaque and one of the two switches is the solution to the puzzle in the next
room. The right switch is the correct pattern. (3, 2, 4, 1, 5) Go through the NE
door to the puzzle room.
- The puzzle is one again based on musical notes. The notes are arranged like
1 2 3 4
Step on 3, 2, 4, 1 and then Hook to note 5 from the south side of the chasm.
This will lower the spikes and allow you to go down the stairs to 3F.
- Continue through the next 2 rooms and you will enter a room with 2 pots, 1
crate and 2 floor switches. Different combinations of pots and crates on the
floor switches will open different doors. The 2 pots on the switches will open
the NW door (where you just came from). The crate on the west switch and a pot
on the east will open the SW door (which leads to a place that you have already
been). The crate on the east switch and a pot on the west will open the SE door.
Take the SE door and take the stairs up to 4F.
- The stairs lead to a room with lots of monsters and 3 treasures in the SE
corner (song rock, ghost ring, ghostclothes). Work your way to the treasures and
then go through the NE door. (Remember Arrow and Hook paralyze enemies.) Take
the NE door and go up the stairs to 5F.
- Go through the SE door to a large room with many chasms and bridges that are
controlled by floor switches. First place the crate and the pot on the 2 floor
switches on the first landing to create a long bridge to the west. Go west to
the next island and push a moveable block south on to a switch. Go back to the
original island and there is now a bridge south. Take the pot and go south and
put the pot on the switch to create a bridge west. Go back and get the crate.
Take the crate and go west across the newly created bridge. Go north and drop
the crate on the floor switch. This switch creates a long bridge west. Go west
to the island that you have been to before and push the block north onto switch.
This will create a new bridge near the crate. Go back and pick up the crate. Go
west and drop the crate on the west switch. Leave a bomb to destroy the crate
and cross the bridge before it explodes. Explode the bomb and a new bridge will
lead east to the S door. Go through the door and get the blue chest (Truth Key).
Then return to 3F and the room with the 2 pots and the crate.
- Put the crate on the west and the pot on the east switch to open the SW door.
Hook to the south platform and go out the south door to return to the outside
(yes, you have been here before.) Now with the key in hand, climb to the 5F.
- Go through the locked north door and climb the stairs to 6F.
- First go through the north door to a save spot. Go back and take the south
door and continue until you reach the outside. Go east and re-enter the tower
and prepare for the final room.
- You enter the final room to find Iris waiting for you. The Mirror of Truth
lies behind the door just north of her and she says that an image of Selan will
appear if Selanis feelings for Maxim are real. The husband and wife go through
the door together to confront the Mirror.
- Meanwhile Artea wants to know why Iris has pushed Maxim and Selan into a
corner. A discussion between Iris and Artea begins.
- Maxim and Selan are standing near the Mirror. The two talk of their feelings
and trust and decide NOT to look in the Mirror. They move to leave but Artea,
Guy and Iris rush in. Everybody is pushed back against the Mirror (you can see
both Maximis and Selanis images) as the party is attacked by 3 White Dragons.
The Dragons cast strong ice spells like Ice Valk and Cold Stream. Use fire
weapons against them.
- When you defeat the Dragons, Iris is gone and the Mirror is broken. All wonder
what happened to Iris and talk about her mysterious nature. Finally Maxim and
Selan leave closer than ever, followed closely by Artea and Guy.
- When the party leaves, Iris reappears in front of the broken Mirror. She
states that her mission has ended. She uses her magic to repair the Mirror which
reveals her true form - Erim, Sinistral of Death. Erim thinks that there is no
stopping now until one of the party is dead. Then she will reveal to the party
her true form. She disappears.
- Return to Durale and talk to the villagers. One tells you that Iris headed
west to Chaed. Another tells you of the phantom submarine city which you can
learn more about from the Elder of Chaed. On to Chaed!
Chpt 21 - The Fire Dragon and an Elder
- sail west from Durale. When you come to rocks, go underwater and continue west
into the bay. Rise to the surface and walk north to Chaed.
- Chaedis shops:
weapons: buster sword, great ax, zirco rod, rune rapier
armor: eron dress, metal jacket, holy cap, rune gloves
- the talk of the town is of a Fire Dragon and a volcano. It seems that the
Dragon lives in the volcano and is working the volcano up to erupt. The elder of
Chaed went to the volcano to stop the Dragon. Letis go Dragon Hunting!
(this is a very complex dungeon containing the worldis
hardest puzzle. Stay with me you are nearing the end.)
- If you enter the first door that you see when you enter the dungeon, you will
enter a room with a warp tile in the NW corner blocked by spikes and a block.
You can warp back to this spot from just before the end of this cave if needed.
Go back outside and climb the steps to the 2nd tier of the mountain. Re-enter
the mountain and go through the north door.
- You will enter a room with a strange pattern of grass pointing toward a door.
You must destroy all of the grass for the door to open to a single treasure. The
grass is arranged like this:
1 2 3
The solution to this puzzle is a little tricky as it requires bombs, fire arrows
and exact timing. Remember it takes 6 steps or sword swings, NOT time, to set
off a bomb. First place a bomb E of #8 (directly south of #7). Walk 1E, 1N and
place a bomb between #7 and #6. Shoot a Fire Arrow North to destroy #4 and #2.
Walk 1N and place a bomb where #4 was. Walk 1N and place a bomb where #2 was.
Walk toward the door to activate all the bombs. (***Note: If you are having
problems try making all turns using R Trigger; this does NOT count toward the 6
steps to set off a bomb.) Go through the N door to get a single treasure (Sonic
Ring). Return to the room with the grass arrow and take the NE door. Go through
the next room and go up the stairs to another tier of the mountain.
- The stairs will lead you to a room with a plaque. The plaque reads: ¦Drop Up
Elevator. Required weight of 1 ton.T Remember this clue and go up the stairs to
the next tier of the mountain.
- The stairs lead you to a room split by a chasm. Hook east to the cracked
floor. Remember the plaque clue and work the monster here on to the cracked
floor so that the floor falls, causing another land piece to raise and fill the
chasm. Go back up the stairs in the room with the plaque and you can now reach
the other part of the room that formerly had the chasm. The north hall leads to
a set of stairs up that lead to a dead end so take the south hall and go through
the south door.
- The door leads you to outside of the mountain. Climb the steps and Hook west
to a door. Re-enter the mountain and take the stairs down. Continue through the
next few rooms, going down the stairs and through the doors as necessary.
Finally you will come to a room with 3 monsters surrounding a cracked floor
spot. Ignore that for now and go through the south door to get a blue chest
(Magma Key). Go back inside and fall through the cracked floor. It will lead you
back to the first room of the mountain.
- Back in the first room, go outside and climb to the 3rd tier of the mountain.
Re-enter the mountain and go through the locked north door. You will enter a
room with a lava lake and a number of tiny land islands. Use the Hammer to push
the pillars so that you can Hook to the NW corner for 3 chests (Magic scale, S-
pro ring, Miracle) and then Hook to the stairs up. Go up the stairs.
- The stairs lead to a room with a plaque. The plaque reads: ¦Use Fire Arrows to
burn grass so it does not grow back!T This plaque refers to the puzzle in the
next room. Go through the south door and you will see 9 plants. The plants are
arranged like this:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
If any of the plants reach full maturity, the Reset spell is automatically cast.
Thus you must kill all of the plants before they can finishing growing. The
plants grow in this order: 5, 4, 3, 7, 1, 6, 9, 8, 3, 4, 2, 8, 6. The key for us
was to stay near the middle area around 5 and use Fire Arrows to kill the
plants. Others have told us that they have used a combination of bombs and Fire
Arrows to kill the plants. Remember that using the R Trigger to turn does not
count as a movement. It may take you a couple times but once you get the pattern
you can do it! Go through the south door when the puzzle is solved. The door
leads to the outside. Climb the steps and re-enter the mountain.
- The next room contains a puzzle just as difficult as the plants. On the north
wall there is a bombable wall but this wall heals itself. Remember this wall for
we will come back to it but first take the stairs down.
- The stairs lead to a save spot. Save your game then go down the stairs again.
You enter a room with 2 sets of stairs down. Take both stairs to get the 3
treasures (S-mind ring, Kraken rock, Angry ring). Then go down the stairs.
- The stairs lead to a huge room with a giant lava lake and various land
islands. You are near the SE corner of the room. First go down the east steps
and then Hook west to 2 treasures (S-witch ring, Hipower ring). Then return to
the healing bomb wall (we will explore the rest of the room from another
- The key to the healing bomb wall is that bombs set off other bombs. Here is
one way to solve it: Stand before the door (facing north) and set a bomb. Walk
1W, 1S and place a second bomb. Then go 1W, set bomb, then go 1E and swing your
sword once, then 1N (the first bomb explodes), Set bomb then go 1E (you are
before the door again). Set a bomb before the wall and swing until the bomb
before door explodes. Then start all over from the beginning. I think it takes 4
bombs to destroy door completely. Go through the north wall and read the plaque
which says: ¦The worldis most difficult trick is beyond this point.T Fall
through the hole in the floor and travel down to the most difficult puzzle.
- The hardest puzzle: There is a woman to explain the puzzle. The idea is
simple; you must get the 4 chests on the large platform to reach you through the
hole near the south part of the puzzle. There are, however, other platforms of
different sizes that block your way. The puzzle is originally set up like this:
1 0 0 2 1 through 4 are vertical pieces of 1 X 2
1 0 0 2 5 through 8 are single square pieces
3 9 9 4 9 is a horizontal 2 X 1
3 5 6 4 0 is a 2 x 2 square holding the 4 treasures
Here is one way to solve the puzzle:
Step One - move 7R, 8L, 3D, 4D, 9R so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 0 0 2
1 0 0 2
3 5 6 4
3 7 8 4
Step Two - move 5UL, 7UU, 3R, 5DD, 7LD, 9LL so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 0 0 2
1 0 0 2
7 3 6 4
5 3 8 4
Step 3 - move 6UR, 8UU, 3R, 7RD, 9D so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 0 0 2
1 0 0 2
9 9 3 4
5 7 3 4
Step 4 - move 8LL, 6LL, 3U, 4U, 7RR, 5RR, 9D so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 0 0 2
1 0 0 2
8 6 3 4
9 9 5 7
Step 5 - move 6DL, 3L 4L, 7UU, 5R so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 0 0 2
1 0 0 2
8 3 4 7
6 3 4
9 9 5
Step 6 - move 4D, 7L, 2DD, 0R, 1R, 8UU, 6UU so that the puzzle looks like this:
8 1 0 0
6 1 0 0
3 7 2
3 4 2
9 9 4 5
Step 7 - move 3L, 1DD, 0L, 2UU, 7R, 5U, 4U, 9RR so that the puzzle looks like
8 0 0 2
6 0 0 2
3 1 4 7
3 1 4 5
Step 8 - move 3D, 1D, 6DR, 8DD, 0L, 2L, 7UU, 5UU so that the puzzle looks like
0 0 2 7
0 0 2 5
8 6 4
3 1 4
3 1 9 9
Step 9 - move 4R, 2DD, 7L, 5L, 4UU, 2R so that the puzzle looks like this:
0 0 7 4
0 0 5 4
8 6 2
3 1 2
3 1 9 9
Step 10 - move 6RD, 8RR, 0D, 7LL, 5UL, 8UU so that the puzzle looks like this:
7 5 8 4
0 0 4
0 0 2
3 1 6 2
3 1 9 9
Step 11 - move 0R, 3UU, 1L, 6LD so that the puzzle looks like this:
7 5 8 4
3 0 0 4
3 0 0 2
1 6 9 9
Step 12 - move 0D, 8DL, 4L, 2UU so that the puzzle looks like this:
7 5 4 2
3 8 4 2
3 0 0
1 0 0
1 6 9 9
Step 13 - move 0R, 8DD, 5D, 7R, 3U, 1U so that the puzzle looks like this:
3 7 4 2
3 5 4 2
1 0 0
1 8 0 0
6 9 9
Step 14 - move 6L, 8D, 0L, 2DD, 4R so that the puzzle looks like this:
3 7 4
3 5 4
1 0 0 2
1 0 0 2
6 8 9 9
Step 15 - move 7R, 5R, 3R, 1UU, 0L so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 3 7 4
1 3 5 4
0 0 2
0 0 2
6 8 9 9
Step 16 - move 5DD, 7DD, 4L, 2UU, 5RU so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 3 4 2
1 3 4 2
0 0 7 5
6 8 9 9
Step 17 - move 9U 8RR, 6RR, 0D, 7LL, 5LL so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 3 4 2
1 3 4 2
0 0 9 9
0 0 6 8
The Final step - move 9U, 6UR, 0R so that the puzzle looks like this:
1 3 4 2
1 3 4 2
7 5 9 9
0 0 6
0 0 8
The 4 treasures: mega shield, holy robe, legend helm, lizard blow. Equip these
nice weapons and armor and go down the stairs to the east.
- The stairs from the worldis most difficult puzzle leads to the NE corner of
the lava lake room. Go north to the north wall and get the 3 treasures (S-myst
ring, S-power ring, Miracle). Cut the grass west of the chests and jump down to
floor to make a bridge to the south to a chest (Hidora rock). Jump south from
the chest to a lower isles. Hook S and go west to steps. Go along west wall to
the north wall and a bombable NW wall to a chest (Gorgon rock). Go back south to
a bridge that leads east. Notice that the bridge is cracked. The bridge will
collaspe and lead you to a set of stairs down. Go down the stairs.
- The stairs lead you to an island. Hook south and the rocks will fall. Hook
east again. Climb the steps and go right around the bottom of the rock pyramid
to a bombable NW wall and a single chest (Miracle). Go back to the rock pyramid
with its lava pool.
- Near the lava pool, you see the Elder of Chaed. He tells you to go before the
Dragon comes but the party refuses. Guy thinks the Elder should go and let them
deal with the Dragon. The Elder says he is no ordinary person but the
conversation is interrupted by the main boss, the Fire Dragon. The Dragon uses
fire-based attacks such as Incendiary as well as attacks like Bite and Drowsy.
- When you defeat the Dragon, the Elder is impressed with your energy. He like
Artea can sense energy waves and realizes that you must be the ones fighting the
Sinistrals. The Elder tells you that your next stop should be Preamarl but first
he asks you to see him in Chaed. He leaves.
- Back in Chaed, visit the Elder. He tells you that the Queen of Preamarl knows
where Dual Blade lies. He says that Preamarl is north by northeast underwater
near a crescent-shaped island. Preamarl is the home of the mermaids and the
Elder gives you the Jade of Mermaids so you can enter the city of the Mermaids.
Chpt 22 - The Mermaids, Dual Blade and Daos
- Back in the sub, go underwater and head NE to a whirlpool.
- Preamarlis shops:
weapons: zirco sword, zirco flail
armor: royal dress, full mail, holy cap, holy shield
- All of the mermaids are surprised to see humans in their city. It is said that
once a merman went to the land to live. He would be an old man by now (the Elder
- Go to the shrine and meet the Queen Marla. She is pleased to hear that the
Elder is doing well and Maxim asks her about Dual Blade. The Queen realizes that
you are the ones fighting the Sinistrals and she tells you of a shining sword in
the Submarine Shrine that could be Dual Blade. The shrine lies north in the
center of 3 islands. She knows nothing more of what lies inside the shrine.
- Suddenly a messenger rushes in and reports that the current around the shrine
has become very fast and impossible to escape. It seems that Princess Piara has
been caught by the current and is now missing. It seems Marla is going after her
- head north to a whirlpool in the middle of 3 isles
Submarine Cave to Shrine
- ride the sub up the waterfall and find Queen Marla and her daughter Piara.
Marla tells you to go back but it is too late. A ship comes up behind you.
- monster: Ghost Ship - calls companions (really pretty easy)
- Defeat the ship and the current returns to normal and a party of mermaids
rushes in to save their Queen. The Princess thanks you for saving her and tells
you that humans are not that bad. The Queen also thanks you. Suddenly the
current raises again and the mermaids are sucked down whirlpools. You get in the
sub and go after them.
- In the Shrine, you find the mermaids are fine but Artea and Selan sense a
strange energy more powerful than Gades or Amon. As the 4 mermaids search for a
way out, lightning strikes killing all 4 of them. A voice cries that only a
select few can enter the Shrine. It dares you to enter the Shrine. You leave
Piara and Marla trying to find the way out as you enter the Shrine.
- This area is glitched. Work your way north, then east, north, and west toward
the center of the room. (We have never been able to reach the chests here.) You
approach what you think is Dual Blade and suddenly hear a sound. Dual Blade
rings when Maxim approaches. A voice cries that he is amazed that a human could
make Dual Blade ring. Suddenly Daos, the Sinistral of Terror and leader of the
Sinistrals, appears. A discussion between Daos and the party begins.
- Daos sends you back to Chaed to witness the end of the world. Suddenly the sky
darkens and a flying island appears and lays waste to Chaed.
- You leave a ruined Chaed and wonder how you can get to the flying island and
Daos. Letis go see if a genius can think of an answer. Warp to Portravia and
visit Lexis. The inventor knew you would come to talk about Doom Island (the
floating isle). He has a plan to remodel your ship so that you can reach the
isle. He is going to put a balloon on your ship but he needs an engine from the
Gratze Kingdom. Gratze will not loan you an engine so you decide to Lborrowi a
tank engine despite Selanis objections. You can reach Gratze from a cave near
Dankirk but there must by another way in.
Chpt 23 - Two Thieves and an Engine
- sail west out of Portraviais bay and directly south. A long ways south you
will come to a narrow passage that leads inland to a whirlpool.
Dankirk North Cave Revisited
- you enter the room with the broken bridge where before you found James talking
with Klaus of Gratze. Go through the north door and up the stairs to enter
- as soon as you enter the kingdom, you are surrounded by 4 guards. They put you
to sleep and send you to jail.
- In jail, you share the same cell as your old friends, Berty and Bart. B & B
recognize Maxim and Maxim explains about the theft in Alunze. It seems B & B
have done it again. They tried to steal the crown of Gratze. You tell the 2
thieves about the engine and try to use Escape but it is blocked. Berty laughs
at you. He could unlock the door easily but he canit get past the 4 guards. You
see B & B abhor violence. Guy asks them to prove their skill so B & B unlock the
door and run out.
- Go west into another cell for a save and recovery spot.
- Go south through a door and meet the 4 guards and a captured B & B. Defeat the
4 guards and Berty and Bart take off. Take the stairs up to Gratzeis Basement.
Gratze Castle Basement
- Go through the north door to a room with vines growing on the NE wall. Cut the
vines and reveal a bombable wall spot. Bomb the wall and go through and climb
the stairs up.
- The next room has a number of columns and a single pillar. Take the stairs
down to a room split by a chasm. Hit the lever to extend a bridge to a blue
chest (Basement Key). Return to the room with the vines and take the NW door.
- You enter a room with a floor switch and a pot on the plate. Stepping on the
switch does nothing. Pick up the pot and stand on the floor switch. The added
weight will push the switch down and open the NW door. Go through the NW door to
a room split with a chasm. Put the pillar on the switch to raise a pillar in
another part of the room. Bomb the NE wall and go through it to the room where
you got the key. Hit the lever to put it back to its original position (affects
bridges in other parts of the dungeon). Go back to the room with the pot and the
switch and take the south door.
- There is an eye on the north wall. You must shoot the eye with an Arrow to
close the eye and open the N door. Go through the north door. You will be in the
western section of the room that you moved the pillar. Go through the NW door
and take the stairs up.
- Go through the SE door to a room with 3 other exits (NE, NW, SE). First take
the SW door and follow it around. It will lead to another room. Hit the lever
there to raise pillars. Go back and take the SE door and follow it around to
another room. Hook to the SE corner and get a treasure in the NE corner
(Miracle). Go back and take the NE door. Go through the door and pass through
the next room and take the stairs up.
- Go through the locked south door to a room with 8 moving platforms covered by
unmoveable blocks and switches in the middle of each platform. The platforms are
arranged like this:
3 4 5
6 7 8
Take the platforms in this order: 1W, 3, 4N, 2, 5W, 4, 2S, 8, 7. Go through the
south door and take the stairs up. Go through the south door to enter the main
- main castle: a cinema begins. The guards have found Berty and Bart and they
are going to be used for target practice. Maxim and Co. rush to save the 2
thieves. A guard tries to stop you but Selan kicks him out of the way. The
Prince recognizes the ¦Magic LadyT Selan. It is the same Prince Klaus who almost
got the Ruby Icon from James. The Prince promises to make you pay for
interfering again. You are attacked by 4 soldiers (special = Dash)
- Defeat the guards and Klaus sicks the tank on you. Main boss: Tank, special
attacks: Piercer, Machine-gun attack
- Defeat the tank and get the engine. Klaus destroys the castle rather than
admit defeat. B & B run for it while Selan warps you to Portravia.
- Meanwhile, B & B are ok in the Dankirk Cave to Gratze. The 2 thieves wonder
why your party helped them. They decide you are ok but not cut out for thieving.
Bart wonders what they are going to do now without money or Gratzeis crown and
Berty surprisingly produces the crown. It seems the 2 will be fine after all.
- Back in Portravia, take the engine to Lexis. The scientists are ready to
remodel your ship. It takes no time at all to equip the ship with a balloon to
carry you to the isle. When it is finished, you hear a ringing noise similar to
Dual Blade ringing. Doom Island has stopped above the town of Narvick. Narvick
is isolated from the world and no one knows who lives there. The only thing that
is known is that the isles are in a triangle and each has a spooky tower on it.
The towers near Narvick seem to be the source of the ringing. Great winds have
risen around Doom Island, preventing you from going for the isle. Letis check
out Narvick and the ringing.
Chpt 24 - Lisa and the First Tower
- Narvickis shops:
weapons: zirco rod, zirco whip, zirco flail, zirco sword, zirco ax
armor: zircon armor, zircon plate, zirco helmet, zirco band, zirco gloves,
- the people of Narvick have always believed in super beings but they did not
know there were bad superbeings as well as good. They tell you to see the Elder
to learn more about the 3 Towers and the superbeings.
- The Elder immeditately wants to know who Maxim is and then calls for 3 women
who sense that you have a strong energy flow. The women have been sensing your
movements in the world and think that you can break the Seal of the Sinistrals.
The Elder explains that the people of Narvick have devoted their lives to the
superbeings. The superbeings once gave the town a shield, a helmet, and armor to
put on the top of the 3 nearby towers. The items were then sealed by the
superbeings until a worthy person needed them; then the person would be able to
break the seal and retreive the armor. The Elder believes that the Sinistrals
want the items but Daos and the others do NOT have the key to the Seals - the 3
women, Lisa, Marie and Clare. The women can resonate energy waves that can open
- Lisa then tells you to take her to the top of the first tower. She is aware of
your concern for her safety but tells you that she inherited her power to save
the world and has accepted her role. Take Lisa to the tower south of Narvick.
- Follow the path until you reach a single door. Go through the door and follow
the path that takes you up stairs and steps to another door. Behind the door is
a single chest (S-ice ring). Go back to the original path and continue west
until the path ends at 2 doors. Take the left door (the right door leads to a
room with a monster and no new exits) and go up the stairs. Take the left door
and get another single chest (S-water ring). Go back and take the right door and
follow the path up stairs until you come to a room with a single leech standing
before a dark gray square. Kill the monster and the square will become stairs
up. Climb the stairs and take the left steps to a door. Go in and take the
stairs down. Go south to return to the outside and go up steps. Head east and
you will come to steps leading up to a single door. Pass up this door for now by
going east and take the stairs down. Continue along this path to a door and a
single chest (S-thun ring). Return to the door that you passed earlier and take
the door. A single dragon rests before a dark gray square. Kill the dragon and
stairs up appear. Take the stairs up to a wide set of steps leading to a door
and a save spot. Save and go up the stairs to the top of the tower.
- At the top of the tower is a large carved tablet. As you approach it, it rings
and Gades appears. He has been waiting for you, but you thought Gades was dead!
Well, because Erim/Iris went to Doom Island, he has been revived. Time to thrash
- main boss: Gades same as before (Destructo-wave)
***Artea is faster than the Sinistral so use him to heal with Champion as
needed. We like to use the Zirco gloves IP Forcefield (Selan) to increase
Defense and Maximis Zirco shield IP Berserker to increase attack. IP like
Weakpoint (Crysto helm) or others that do 1/4 to 1/2 HP damage also are handy.
Gades is once again no match for you.
- defeat Gades and he laughs at you. As long as Erim lives, the Sinistrals can
revive at anytime. With that, he disappears and the party wonders who Erim is.
(Remember they did not see her reflection in the Mirror of Truth.) But since
Erim and Daos are on Doom Island, you cannot worry about them now because of the
- As Maxim stands near the slate, it begins to ring. The seal breaks with Lisais
help and Maxim get the Divine/Pearl Armor. (Only Maxim can wear this equipment.)
Lisa explains that everything will be fine now. As long as Lisa stays at the top
of the tower, the ringing will continue and when all 3 towers ring, the
resonance will create a power to push the turbulence away from Doom Island
allowing you to land. Maxim does not want to leave Lisa but she insists. Return
Chpt 25 - Marie and the Second Tower
- Back in Narvick, talk to the Elder again. You tell him that you left Lisa at
the tower and he replies that she choose to stay and fight in her own way
against the Sinistrals. Itis now time to take Marie to the 2nd tower on Strahda
Isle to the Northeast.
- there are no chests in this tower so your only concern should be to climb to
the top of the tower. From the entrance steps, go right and go in the single
door. (Going left just leads you to a loop with lots of monsters.) Take the
stairs up and keep right and follow the path up the steps to a single door. Go
in and climb the stairs. Take the next door you come to and climb the stairs up.
Follow the path to another single door and climb more stairs up. Go east in a
large room and kill the leech to make stairs up appear. Go up, go west in a
large room and climb more stairs up. Follow the path to a sets of steps next to
a door. Take the door and climb the stairs. Head north and take the door and
climb yet more stairs. In the next room, DO NOT climb the stairs up. Instead go
south out the door and follow the path to a door. Climb the stairs and in the
next room, fight the dragon to make stairs appear. Go up and north through a
door to a save spot. Save and climb to the top of the tower.
- Approach the slate and Amon appears. (same as before - Chaos Wave, Thunder)
***Artea is again faster so use him to heal or use items to unconfuse members.
You do more damage to yourself when confused then Amon could dream of. Amon uses
magic more than the other Sinistrals so you might want to cast Mirror. Also you
could use the Forcefield and Berserker IP as before.
- Defeat Amon and he disappears. Maxim realizes taht the fight will never end
until Erim and Doom Island are destroyed. Marie directs Maxim to stand near the
slate and breaks the seal to receive the Divine/Pearl Helm. (Only Maxim can wear
the helm). Marie can feel Lisais energy and stays behind to add her power to
- Return to Narvick.
Chpt 26 - Claire and the Final Tower
- Go in Narvick, talk to the Elder. It is time to take Claire to the last tower
on the northwest island of Kamirno.
- Take the door near the entrance steps and climb the stairs. Go east and climb
the steps and go in the door that you can see to get a chest (S-fire ring). Go
back out and head west to a door. Go in and head west to stairs up. Go up and
head north at the first steps. Follow the path to a door. go in and climb the
stairs. Follow the path to another door. Climb stairs and follow the path to a
third door and more stairs. Climb and head east. Kill the minotaur to make the
stairs appear. Climb and go south out a door and follow the path to stairs down.
Go down and head west to a door. Go in and climb the stairs and go through
another door. Follow the path around and up steps to a door. Go in and kill the
leech to get stairs up to appear. Go up and up and up to a single door. Go
through the door to the last save spot (*****If you have anything else such as
Forfeit Island, Ancient Cave or just exploring, Warp out of here now. This is
the last save spot in the game! Once you go up, you must finish the game or die
trying!) Go up the stairs to the final slate.
- No one seems to be around so you cautiously approach the slate and receive the
Divine/Pearl Shield. After you get the shield, Daos appears. He is impressed
that you have come this far. He was unable to reach the 3 Divine Armaments
because of the Seal but he will get them from your corpse! Daos thinks the
Armaments will compliment his sword, Dual Blade, quite nicely. Dual Blade
appears and lightning strikes your party but Maxim gets up and walks toward
Daos. Daos pushes Maxim away again with energy but Maxim will not be defeated.
He goes for Daos again, summoning his own energy to battle Daosi energy.
Suddenly Dual Blade flies to Maxim and Claire cries that the sword has choosen
Maxim as its owner. Daos cannot believe it and he flees when Maxim takes a hold
of Dual Blade. The party revives and Guy is worried that Daos went off to
destroy another city but Claire says that they wonit let Doom Island go
anywhere; Claireis power combined with Lisais and Marieis will allow you to get
to Doom Island. The 3 women send their power out to hold the island in place.
Amon reports that the Isle can neither move nor attack. Claire tells you to look
to your ship which Amon has damaged while you were in the Final Tower.
Chpt 27 - The End
- A long cinema begins in which you take the ship back to Portravia and Lexis.
The heroes have a short time to rest before confronting the Sinistrals resulting
in conversations between Maxim and Selan, Guy and Artea. Eventually the ship is
repaired but you are unable to leave as monsters have blocked all exits by land
or by sea from the city. Enter an old friend to save the day and allow you to
fly to Doom Island.
- As you approach the isle, Amon shoots you down and you crash on Doom Island.
There is no going back now!
- Introduction like Lufia 1: Everyone is ok and Selan casts Light so you can
see. It is very cold and you all feel a strong negative energy. Daos calls out
for you to come to him and end this once and for all.
- If you have played Lufia 1, then you might remember the layout of this castle.
There are 12 treasures in the castle but all of them are Miracles.
- Head north, take west door and get treasure. Go down stairs and go south out a
door. Go east and through middle door to get 3 Miracles. Return and take E door.
Go up and get Miracle. Go south into main area then go up steps to meet Gades.
- Gades (same as the other times you have meet him).
***Artea is faster than him. See previous chapter on Lisa and first tower for
- Defeat Gades (again!) and climb stairs to 2F.
- Go north and east to door. Go in for a Miracle. Go all way back and north
through a door. All way east and through a south door. Go west and through a
door for a Miracle. Go back and take stairs up to 3F.
- This is a large room with a raised dais. Go around the dais to the north wall
to get 2 Miracles. Go back and climb the dais. On the 2nd tier, go aroudn to
stairs down to a hp and magic recovery spots. Go back and climb to the 3rd tier
of the dais to battle Amon.
- Amon (same as the other times - see Marie and 2nd Tower for more strategies)
***Artea is faster than him. Watch out for powerful spells.
- Defeat Amon and climb stairs to 4F.
- This room has a chasm surrounding the middle floor section. Walk around the
outside circle to get 3 Miracles. At the glass bridge, you are told you may
cross. Selan thinks it is a trap but it does not matter. It is important to not
show fear. Guy crosses - he is strong and the peopleis hope energizes him. Artea
crosses without a word. Maxim and Selan cross together, energized by the hope of
seeing their baby again. The party crosses and approaches the warp tile. As you
approach, Erim appears. This is your first fight vs. Erim. As long as she lives,
the Sinistrals can never be defeated. No one recognizes her as Iris and you
attack her fervertantly.
- Erim Special attacks: Devastation Wave, Dark Fry
***Erim is very powerful! Fortuneately all members should be faster than her to
allow time to heal and revive dead allies. Use your strongest IP attacks to
- Defeat Erim and she wonders how you are so strong. Maxim replies that he has
someone to protect. Erim wonders if that someone is Selan and asks if Maxim you
risk his life for one woman. To Maxim, Selan means more than life itself. Erim
replies that even emotion will fall before Daos.
- Take the warp tile to 5F.
- Cross the bridge to Daos and the final battle vs. the Sinistrals. A cinema
begins between Maxim and Daos in which Arek the Absolute, Daosi superior is
mentioned. Maxim had no idea that there was someone stronger than Daos (watch
the intro to the game without pushing the Start Button to see Arek talking to
Erim). It is time to end it.
- Daos Special attacks: All the most powerful spells including thunder,
firebird, ice valk, dragon, dark fry, dark reflector, terror wave
***Daos is even more powerful than Erim. Fortuneately you should again be faster
than him. Use your strongest IP attacks and defense. Use any and all items such
as Miracles as needed (this is after all the last battle). Heal/revive every
round using IP or magic as Daos can kill a character in a single round with the
right spell/attack. The battle is long but you can do it!
- Defeat Daos and the other Sinistrals suddenly reappear and surround you. They
enclose you in a circle of negative energy. It is a last ditch effort to stop
you and destroy the world. Maxim rushes Daos and is thrown back. Maxim cries out
to his friends to lend him their power. They build their own circle of positive
energy to battle the Sinistralsi energy. Selan is weakening but she is ok and
you release a wave that destroys the Sinistralis energy and scatters the party.
Maxim is ok and goes to Guy. The swordsman is fine. You go to Artea next who is
also fine. Lastly, Maxim goes to Selan. She is mortally wounded and barely able
to speak. She speaks of how much she wants to see Jeros and return home with
Maxim but she cannot move. Suddenly the glass bridge collasps separating Guy and
Artea from the others. The shrine is collasping but Maxim and Selan are too far
away for Artea to rescue the whole party. Maxim cries for Guy and Artea to save
themselves and spread the word that the Sinistrals are defeated. Reluctantly
Artea and Guy leave, promising to spread the word of the victory.
- Alone Maxim stays with Selan proclaiming his eternal love. Suddenly the shrine
stops shaking and Daosi ghost appears to say that he may not be able to destroy
the world but he can still drop the isle on Parcelyte as a final act of terror.
Maxim wonders what to do as Daos disappears.
- Iris then appears and Maxim realizes from her aura that she is Erim. He does
not understand how she could be his enemy and his ally. Erim explains that the
battle was one of judgment for the Sinistrals. That Maxim, a human, could exist
and hold Dual Blade means that humans can act without the superbeings. Iris says
that humans must still have faith and for Maxim could not have succeeded without
her help. She is not sure why she helped Maxim but Maxim changes the subject to
the isle falling on Parcelyte and asks Iris to tell him how to stop the isle.
Iris says it is against her nature as Mistress of Death to save lives but Maxim
counters that she has appeared to him as Iris, NOT Erim. Iris would help him and
pray for those who perished. With her last energy, Erim tells you that you must
destroy the 3 Mystic Stones to stop the isle and with her final breath, opens a
warp tile to the stones and disappears.
- Maxim leaves Selan and takes the warp tile. Fine the 3 Stones and watch the
end cinema in which Maxim is killed and goes off with Selan as 2 balls of light.
The final cinema shows you the fates of Artea whose eye is severely injured
(remember he is blind in Lufia 1), Guy and Jessy, Dekar, Lexis, Tia and Jeros.
The game ends with the beginning of Lufia 1.
Continued in Lufia 1
Appendix A - the Ancient Cave
The Ancient Cave is a 99 level dungeon that changes every time you
enter. There are no save spots or magic recovery points. There are
the rare hp recovery points hidden under grass spots. You take none
of your regular equipment with you. The only thing you get to take
every time is 10 potions. The only exit is found on Level 21 or
below is an item called Providence. You get to keep nothing that
you find in the Cave except for items found in the rare blue chest.
Items found the the blue chests can be taken back into the Cave next
time so you can have full equipment when entering the Cave if you
find enough blue chests. There are also 10 Iris Treasures in the
Cave. These extremely rare treasures are wanted by a lady on the
2nd basement of the cider shop where she displays them. On level 99,
is the Juggernaut Slime. You do not have to kill him but you must
survive long enough for the Slime to respect your prowess and reward
you with the Key which goes to the door behind the old man on the
entrance level to the cave. There are 3 treasures behind the locked
door ( ).
KILL EVERYTHING! It is very important that you keep your level
as close as possible to the dungeon level that you are on. If you
avoid monsters too often, you will be too weak to fight a monster
should you be unable to avoid a fight. I would try and kill all
monsters on the first 70 levels or so.
Even if you kill everything, you are going to fall behind in
levels vs. the dungeon level you are on. The solution to this is a
tactic called harvesting. Some monsters such as Pugs, Wizards,
Necromancers and Ghost Ships call companions. Rather than killing
these monsters off right away, allow the monster to call companions
and keep the fight going. I especially like to fight the Pugs near
Level 20 for about 30 for one fight and raise 9-11 levels.
Harvesting can be done with quite a few creatures and can really
keep you alive.
DO NOT take too many chances! You cannot save your game in the
Cave so if you find a valuable blue chest item (they are all
valuable when you have nothing!)or Iris Treasure, find Providence
and get out of the Cave to save your game so you will have that
item next time! It may seem a waste but if you are ever going to
make it to lower dungeon levels you need to have great equipment
which means multiple trips to the Cave to get blue chests!
Without many blue chest items or good equipment, Watch out for
Mimics and Blue Mimics. They can kill unprepared parties easily.
Also even with Full Equipment from blue chests or red chests, AVOID
the gold dragons on level 85 and below. They can kill a party in one
round with their special attacks regardless of equipment. (If you
have learned how to survive a gold attack let me know because I have
died too many times fighting gold dragons!)
Look for strangely shaped grass patches, they often hide hit
point recovery spots.
Depending on your philosophy, use and build up the Earth
Capsule Monster (strong attack) or the Light Capsule Monster (heal).
Feed them any stuff that you are not going to use like extra weapons
Level 99 of the Cave is glitched so do your best to find Juggernaut
Slime (I have not made it here so I cannot supply general
I personally have never finished the Cave nor collected all 10
treasures. What follows is a list of blue chest items that I have
found as well as the Iris Treasures. If you should happen to ever
find all 10 Iris Treasures and get the Key to the treasures, PLEASE
let me know and I will gladly add your info here as well as include
your name on the FAQ.
Blue chest items (in no particular order):
Mirak Plate (IP = magic rebirth; VERY handy since there are no magic
Ice Headband (pro vs. ice)
Aqua Helm (pro vs. water)
Agony Helm (pro vs. fire)
Bolt Shield (pro vs. lightning)
Flame Shield (pro vs. fire)
Water Gauntlets (pro vs. water)
Diamond Ring (good pro for Selan)
Engage Ring (charged 1/2 by merchants)
Sea Ring (increase agility)
Mega Ax (Dekar only)
Iris Treasures: sword, shield, helmet, ring, pot, tiara, armor,
Appendix B - Forfeit Island
- Forfeit Island is another part of the game that is not necessary
to do to complete the quest. The casino, however, has at least 2
very important items that you will need. First, however, you must
make enough money by gambling or fighting to buy coins to purchase
the items. The casino items that I would suggest buying are:
***Jewel Sonar - this item allows you to tell how many chests are in
a dungeon. Enter the dungeon and play the Sonar which will ring for
the number of chests unopened in the dungeon. If you go back to
retrieve a second set of DragonEggs, you must have this item to
search caves/dungeons that you have completed without having to
find every chest again.
***Dragon Sword - this weapon is VERY powerful and great against
dragons. It costs 500,000 coins but I would try and get one for
both Guy and Maxim if you have the time and the money.
- Ways to make money: The best way is to get the VIP card from the
Prince of Auralio after you have saved the Ruby Icon. Then go to the
bottom level of the casino and play the slot machine. I used a clip
board clamp to press down the controller to play the slots while I
went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later to over a million coins. I
have not found an easier or quicker way than this. Action bingo
also seems to turn a profit but it takes longer and you cannot bet
more than 99 coins.
- The other important feature of Forfeit Island is that it is a
great place to build up your Capsule Monsters. Go to the shop that
sells all of your old equip. Buy as many War Rapiers as you can
(the number that you can buy depends on how many you have bought
before. So if a War Rapier is not on the list, go to Gruberik or
Narsysus to buy say 15 or 20. When you go back to Forfeit you can
now buy 15 or 20 War Rapiers). Then go to the item shop and buy the
cheapest item like Antidotes. Feed the Capsule Monsters the
antidotes or other garbage until they want a War Rapier. Pretty
soon they will want a War Rapier then something else, then a War
Rapier, etc. Buy War Rapiers and garbage as needed until all Capsule
Monsters are level 4.
Appendix C - Fifth Level Capsule Monsters
- It is possible to raise all Capsule Monsters to a 5th Master
Level. To do this, you will need plenty of Fruits so I suggest
collecting 8 DragonEggs and selecting the 20 Fruit option from the
Dragon Shrine. Now the Key to raising the Capsule Monsters is to
feed them the right fruit at the right level. For example, feed the
Earth Capsule Monster 3 Breeze Fruits while at Level 4 and it will
transform into a centaur. Follow the chart below to get your
Monsters to Master Level.
Type of Capsule Monster Fruit to Feed It Level
Earth Breeze 4
Wind Earth 4
Water Flame 3
Fire Charm 3
Light Dark 2
Dark Light 2
Neutral Secret 4