The object of the game is to find and destroy the source of radiation,
located at the bottom left of the island, at node C1 (see map below). In
order to do this, you must first gather together all the necessary
pieces which will give you access to the radiation archway. The required
items are the three different types of alien keys and the translator,
along with the translator codes.
The keys may be found at:
Key 1 : At node S5, B1, or J26.
Key 2 : At node M1 (Old Mansion) only.
Key 3 : At node J16, J12, or V2.
You will know that a key is in the vicinity when the unidentified
sensor/alarm starts sounding.
Hints and Tips
At start, change game duration to 120 minutes. Green LED's, on the edges
of viewing screen, indicate which direction you may go. You can only use
certain weapons for some attacks. Save your game often, especially
before attacks. For the attacks, fire early - you only have a few
seconds in which to shoot the creature. Once you have the Translator,
head straight for the alien ship for the alien code. Once you have the
code, it does no matter if the evil alien retrieves it from you. Be
extremely cautions while playing CD3 - you cannot save your game on this
The easiest and quickest way to finish the game is to take the following
1. Go forward once and change your weapon to Toxin.
Keep going forward until you come to the first attack in J2.
Aim just to the left of the fern tree to kill the creature.
2. Go forward until your choice of travel are
Forward(F)/Right(R)/Backwards(B). Turn right.
3. Advance forward across the Airstrip until you get to the swamp (node
S1). Change weapon to "Missiles".
4. Advancing forward twice takes you to the Swamp attack. The creature
appears from the right. Shoot the monster.
5. Go forward twice until the Admiral tells you "Not to follow that
path". Listen to your guide and make a Left turn.
6. Go forward until you arrive at the quicksand. If you are lucky, you
may find Key 1 lying on the ground. If not, you will have to pay a visit
to either B1 or J26 to get this key. Be quick, you only have 3 seconds
before the sand starts to give way.
6a. Turn back and head to the swamp area until you are faced with R/L/B.
6b. When you get to the wooden bridge, the admiral will warn you of the
potential excessive weight danger. If you're a gambling person, take
your chances and cross the bridge. If you survive to the other side,
advance forward three times until you're faced with the directions
R/L/B. Keep rotating round in a circle at this point until the Good
alien materializes and throws you a Translator. Pick up the object.
7. Continue advancing forward, traveling east along the top of the
island, until you arrive at the Old Mansion (node M1).
8. Turn left here. The unidentified alarm sound should be triggered, but
you will not see any object until you turn back round. Once you have
rotated , pick up Key 2.
9. Turn back round so that you are facing the jungle area and go forward
until you have to insert CD3. Save the game at this point. Be careful
from now on, no saving on this CD!
10. When you arrive at the fork point , turn left, then forward and then
right. Ensure that your weapons is set to Toxin. You are about to
encounter the most difficult attack - the spider attack. Fire early and
in the center of the screen - the spider is well camouflaged.
11. Advance forward 4 times and then turn right, and forward into the
12. Once inside the ship, turn right. You will see a strange looking
symbol on the screen. Turn to you analyzer and click on the symbol. Now
look in your specimen storage and there will be a code consisting of
circles and vertical lines. You need this code to finish the game.
Revert back to the position (map) status.
13. Exit the ship, turn right and then forward, then right. You should
now be at node J12. Rotate once and if you are lucky, you may see the
Key 3 and the alarm sounding. If not, you will have to go hunting in V2,
the volcano area , situated in the bottom right hand corner for this
14. Once you have all 3 Keys, head towards the Transporter, at node TP1.
15. Outside the transporter, all the sensors and alarms will be
sounding. In order to pass the magnetic barrier, it has to be first
lifted. This is done by inserting the keys into the pad at the side of
the transporter archway. Click on the pad and the keys will be inserted
for you automatically. The field will disintegrate and you will be
allowed access through. Note that if you do not insert the keys and try
to go through, you will be teleported to a random location in CD3.
16. Go through the archway.
17. Change weapon to either Missile or Toxin for the final attack.
18. Go forward and shoot at the head of the alien monster.
19. Approach the sphere, the source of radiation, and click on it to
20. You will be faced with an alien code, consisting of five horizontal
lines. Click on any line.
If you click on an incorrect code, the two hemisphere segments close up,
and your timer clock speeds up. Repeat points 19 and 20 above until you
see the arm appear and press the correct code.
21. You will be faced with another set of codes. Click on the code that
corresponds with the code in your specimen storage.
22. The source of radiation will explode and you will be left to view
the cool closing video sequence.