1. Head towards the OLI (objective location indicator), displayed on the HUD
a cyan coloured diamond, to reach the desired position.
2. Shoot the thorium to break it up into small pieces.
3. Position your sub over the shards of thorium and your ORS (object retrieval
system) will automatically suck them up.
4. Access the map and place a PLI (personal location indicator), displayed as
white diamond, over one of the drop points.
5. Follow your PLI to reach a drop point.
6. When over a drop point, activate the ORS to offload the thorium. (The ORS
icon will turn green when this action is available).
7. Go back to step 1, and repeat until the salvage time reaches zero.
Investigate Fish farm.
1. Head towards the OLI.
2. Use the sub’s OA (object analyser) to find the radioactive element that is
killing the fish.
3. Return to the city and dock to get sub upgrades: MGH (Magnetic Grappling
Hook) and Attractortron).
4. Return to fish farm and use the MGH (Magnetic Grappling Hook) to tow the
radioactive rock away from the farm.
3. Blow up the rock, and use the ORS to suck up all the thorium shards that
4. Return to the city and dock to get sub upgrades: MGH and Attractortron.
5. Locate a male yellowfish (found just outside the city, north of door 4) and
stun it with a venom dart.
6. Use your MGH to attach to the stunned male and tow it to the farm. If the
male wakes up, you will have to stun it again.
7. Locate a shoal of female yellowfish (found north east of the farm, in the
green area on the map). If you have trouble finding them, Deav will contact you
after a couple of minutes, and tell where you can find the female fish.
8. Use your Attractortron to lure the fish towards your sub, and drive towards
the farm with them in tow. Repeat this until the Admiral is happy with the stock
1. Head towards the OLI.
2. Locate the crate (displayed as a white blip on the radar).
3. Destroy the Shadowkin fighter.
4. Use the MGH to tow the crate back to the city drop point and offload it.
5. Return to the city when requested, for your next briefing.
Attack at Sand Mine.
1. Head towards the OLI.
2. Destroy the attacking Shadowkin fighters (homing torpedoes are the key).
3. Dock and repair shields if required.
An old adversary.
1. Head towards the OLI.
2. Kill the jellyfish that are attacking the mine.
3. Investigate the hole that the jellyfish are coming from. (Deav will ask you
to do this, a new OLI is placed above the hole).
4. Dive as far as you can, but watch that depth gauge.
5. Return to the city when requested, for your next briefing.
1. Stick close to the Carrier, at all times, and escort it to the Oil mine.
2. Fend off any aggressors (best to make sure they are all destroyed before
moving on to step 3).
3. Use your MGH to pick up and tow the turrets into position (indicated by an
OLI). NOTE: If the carrier was destroyed before reaching the mine, the turrets
will drop prematurely so you will have to tow them much further, but Deav and
Razz should help you with this.
4. When all turrets are placed and are active, the Admiral will ask you to
at the city. Shield damage is repaired and Flares are now available.
1. Head towards the OLI. (use the flares to help navigate the dark caves).
2. Kill all the sea spiders that are around the base, being careful not to
destroy the seismic sensors.
3. When all the spiders are destroyed, Deav will blow the blocked entrance.
4. Return to the open sea.
1. Head towards the OLI.
2. Use your radar or map to locate the turrets (they appear as cyan coloured
3. Use your MGH to place all three turrets into position (indicated by a cyan
4. Fend off any aggressors. Stay on the outskirts of the mine when fighting
Shadowkin, and let the active turrets do their job.
5. Make sure all turrets are placed at the metals mine before moving on to the
6. Head towards the OLI. to reach the Thorium mine.
7. Use your MGH to place all three turrets into position.
8. Return to the city when requested.
Attack on Mothership.
1. Head towards the OLI.
2. Destroy all the Shadowkin fighters (you can return and dock at the city to
replenish shield and ammo).
3. Return to the city when requested, for your next briefing.
Rescue stranded subs.
1. To save all three subs you must use the transport tube (shown in cut scene
before you launch on this mission) to get over to the west side of the landscape
quickly. Entering at the city end you will come out near the abyss lip, west of
2. Access the map and locate the civilian sub (down the abyss/nearest the
and place a PLI to help guide you to the sub.
3. Use the MGH to pull the rocks away from the trapped sub. Once the rocks are
removed the sub will power up its engines and head back for the city.
4. Access the map and locate the second civilian sub (down the abyss/nearest
the city) and place a PLI to help guide you to the sub.
5. Again, use the MGH to pull the rocks away from the trapped sub, once
the sub will power up its engines and head back for the city.
6. Access the map and locate ‘Boady’ and place a PLI to help guide you to his
7. Use the MGH to pull ‘Boady’ out of trouble, and tow him back to the city
8. If Shadowkin appear, release ‘Boady’ from the MGH and destroy the
9. When the Shadowkin have been destroyed, retrieve ‘Boady’ and continue to
city drop point.
1. When requested, dock at the city where Detonation charges will be loaded
onto your sub automatically.
2. Launch and head towards the OLI.
3. Shoot Detonation charges onto the large rock. The sub computer will target
four positions on the rock for you to aim at. The target will change to green
when a charge is successfully placed.
4. When all charges are placed, detonate them with the tool button. (The
charges must be selected in the weapon list to access the detonate function).
5. Enter the newly created passage.
1. Explore the area. Keep heading east and build up the auto-generating map.
2. When Shadowkin fighters appear, flee to your home landscape. These guys
1. With Razz’s help, destroy all Shadowkin fighters that chase you into your
2. Return to the city when requested, to repair your sub.
Improve Quake Detection.
1. Dock at city and restock with detonation charges if required (3 needed).
2. Head towards the OLI. Use the flares to navigate the dark tunnels.
The next set of steps do not have to be performed sequentially.
3. Retrieve the sensor from the top of the seismic base.
4. Use the MGH to tow it to the blocked passageway. An OLI shows the way.
5. Destroy the rock that is blocking the way with the charges. Three targets
are placed on the rock by the sub computer.
6. Tow the sensor into the new cavern and place it where the OLI states.
7. Search the cavern and use your OA to locate the life readings indicated by
the professor. NOTE: The cavern is extremely hot, so keep an eye on your shield
8. Use the MGH to retrieve one of the strange plants growing in the cavern
(located at the southwest corner of the cavern), and tow it back to the city
9. Dock at the city when requested for your next briefing.
1. Head towards the OLI.
2. Dive into tunnel where you were once stopped by sub depth limitation.
3. Fight the Mutha (the Sarnoff is the chosen weapon).
4. Blow each of the four birth tubes off the mutha, whilst also fending off
5. When all four tubes are destroyed, the head of the mutha will rise and
revealing the vulnerable neck membrane. This is its weakpoint. Watch out for the
fast baby jellies that are now released.
6. Once defeated, escape up through the tunnel in the roof.
1. Access the map and place a PLI to guide you to one of the two listed mines.
2. Clear all the escaped jellies at the first site. Make sure you get all six
3. Head towards the second listed mine. (Use a PLI if required)
4. Clear all the jellies at the second site, again, make sure you get all six
5. Head back towards the city when requested.
6. Respond to distress signal. Head towards the OLI.
7. Destroy the attacking Shadowkin fighters.
8. Dock at the city when requested for your next briefing.
Test the B.U.R.S.T. drive.
1. Head towards the OLI and drive through each hoop. The OLI will move onto
the next race hoop when you pass through the current one.
2. Use the B.U.R.S.T. drive, activated from the tool list, just before you
the jump ramps, this is essential to leaping through the floating hoops. Miss
timing this can be costly.
3. Activate the B.U.R.S.T. drive whilst racing through the water to gain
bursts of speed.
1. Head towards the OLI. Use your B.U.R.S.T. drive to get there quickly.
2. Locate and destroy all aggressors (after attacking the Oil mine they will
move north, towards the Metals mine. If they manage to destroy both mines, its
game over man).
3. Once all enemies are defeated, dock at the city to repair any sub damage.
The Real Test.
1. Head towards the OLI, and enter the rock pools landscape.
2. Head towards the OLI and locate Deav and the jump ramp. Use the B.U.R.S.T.
drive to leap into the higher pools.
3. Work your way through the level, fending off any enemies.
4. Fight the mutha pondskater.
5. She first attacks by spitting shards of crystal at you. Concentrate on
avoiding these, using strafe. The mutha will then charge and stab at you with
mandibles, again a swift strafe timed correctly should avoid this attack. She
will then turn away and skate back to her starting position. This is your
aim your weapons at the two bright orange sacs located at the rear of her
these will be dropping larvae at this time. The larvae slowly swim towards you,
and cause damage by gnawing on your sub’s hull. Blow them away. The mutha will
repeat the said attacks until the sacs are destroyed. She will then move onto
next attack stage. This has her taking to the sky, strafing and spitting volleys
of crystals, just avoid the incoming projectiles and shoot her on any part of
main body. Keep at it and eventually you’ll take her out.
6. Once the mutha is defeated, head through the waterfall to discover a hoard
7. Respond to the Deav’s distress signal, jump over the lip into the lower
pools and return to the original meeting point where the ramp was placed. Locate
8. Return to your home landscape when requested.
1. After returning to your home landscape from the rock pools. You remotely
take control of a turret at the Oil mine.
2. Control the turret and destroy the falling volcanic rocks that are heading
towards the mine installation units. Their remaining shield are displayed next
the relevant icon, with an overall mine efficiency displayed below that. If this
falls below ??% then you will fail the mission.
3. Once the volcanic rock shower ends, control is returned to your sub. Return
and dock at the city when requested for your next briefing.
To the Abyss.
1. Head towards the OLI, and dive into the abyss.
Explore the abyss.
1. Explore the dark depths of the abyss.
2. There is an opening on the south wall, at a depth of 600.
3. After following the short tunnel, it will open up into a larger cavern.
a blocked tunnel leading off to the north and another cavern to the south. A
strange blue organism seems to beckon you. Follow it.
4. The blue organism leads you into the second cavern and eats the alga sheet
that covers the first of three tunnels, and blocks your way. Each of these
tunnels leads to a trapped blue organism, held in fear by some horrible creature
5. The area at the end of the first tunnel is guarded by deep sea spiders.
the five large spiders that spit venom at you, to release the blue organism. The
rescued organism will replenish your shield and, by following it, will then
return to the tunnel (that comes off the first cavern) and eat the first sheet
alga that blocks it.
6. Return to the second cavern and follow the original organism to the second
7. The area at the end of the second tunnel is home to a large electric eel.
has two attacks: lightening bolts are released when the external lightening it
generates hits the walls. Concentrate on avoiding these with strafe
up/down/left/right. The second phase is the lightening tongue, again use strafe
at the right time to dodge the strike. The eel’s mouth is open during this
attack, and the interior is its only weak point. Once defeated, the rescued
organism will replenish your shield and, again, by following it, will return to
the tunnel (that comes off the first cavern) and eat the second sheet of alga
that blocks it.
8. Return to the second cavern and follow the original organism to the third
and final tunnel.
9. The end of the third tunnel is where you’ll find the giant squid. Depending
on your position, the squid will try and strike you with one of its tentacles, a
twitch will tell you which one is about to strike. Use strafe to avoid it. The
weak points on the tentacles are the blue areas, close to its main body, shoot
these to blow the tentacles off. All four tentacles must be blown off. The
attack is an ink jet, fired from the mouth, and is harder to avoid than the
tentacles, as it tracks you. Once unleashed, try to move in a circular motion to
keep ahead of it. All four tentacles must be blown off to defeat the giant
10. Follow the third rescued organism to the tunnel (that comes off the first
cavern) and it will gain you further access by eating the third and final sheet
of alga that blocks it.
Before we start a quick explanation on how to use the ROV. When you activate the
ROV from the tool list it will automatically undock from the rear of the sub and
put you in remote control of it. You can then maneuver it like any normal sub.
Pressing the tool button whilst controlling the ROV will revert control back to
the sub. With the ROV undocked, pressing the tool button (with the ROV selected
in the tool list) will give you remote control of the ROV. To dock the ROV,
it round to the rear of the sub and when in range, the dock icon at the bottom
right of the HUD will turn yellow. Press the tool button to dock, and control is
returned to the sub.
1. Enter the crashed sub through the opening on the north side of its hull.
2. Once inside, use your flares to help you navigate the dark corridors. Turn
east and attach your MGH to, the top of, the lever on the wall, watch out for
jellyfish then reverse away and this will pull the handle down, thus opening the
door. Head east.
3. At the end of this first corridor there is a door in front and a door to
your right blocking your way. Look closely at the door in front, the glass is
cracked. Blow this out. Activate the ROV and maneuver it through the gap in the
glass and then through the small service tunnel, below and to the right. Near
end of the tunnel, it splits into two, take the right tunnel. This leads you to
collapsed corridor blocked by a closed door. Drive into the yellow button on the
wall (directly in front of you), this will turn the light green and open the
door. Then guide the ROV back through the service tunnel and dock it with your
sub. This little section becomes clear later.
4. Now, back in your sub, drive into the button on the wall to open the door
leading south. Watch out for the electric eel in this corridor. Head south until
you hit a T-junction, a door halts your progress on either side. There is a
switch with no power running to it and a service tunnel ahead of you, time for
the ROV again. Guide it through the service tunnel, this leads you to the other
side of the door, right of where you left the sub. Drive into the button to open
this door, and dock the ROV back with the sub.
5. Head west, through the now open door. This leads to a corridor with three
power units (one with a power regulator, two without - yep, you’ve guessed it,
you have to find the other two power regulators) and three linked electrical
switches. Use the MGH to attach to and pull the western most lever, which not
coincidentally is linked to the power unit with a power regulator. This sends
power through part of the sub, and to the door button in the T-junction.
6. Head east, towards to the T-junction, and press the, now powered, button.
Move through the open door and follow the corridor right to the end, passing an
open room on the left and a closed room on the right, watch out for the two eels
in this section.
7. You should now be facing north, looking at a collapsed corridor (that is if
you used your ROV correctly in step 3). On the wall to your right is a computer
up-link, the sub OA will identify this. Connect to the up-link with the MGH.
will download the map and stay attached to recharge your sub shield; very useful
I think you’ll agree.
8. Turn 180 degrees, head south back down the corridor and enter the open room
on your right (1F), before the corridor turns. Kill any venom spitting spiders
that are present so you can leave the ROV safely behind in this room. On the
wall behind the stacked crates is a time release door button, launch the ROV and
leave it next to this button. Revert control back to your sub, leave the room,
turn left and place yourself in front of the closed door, facing east. Switch
control back to the ROV, drive into the button, switch control back to the sub
and quickly dive through the open door. Watch out for the venom spitting spiders
in this room (1D).
9. At the north east corner of room (1D) is an air duct, filled with lice,
enter this and follow it round, with a bias of heading north, (at one dead end
you will need to ascend). Use the map, if required, your objective is the
northern most room (1C).
10. In this room (1C) there are a couple of spiders, an up-link (which powers
the door button) and one of the missing power regulators. Kill the spiders,
access the up-link with your MGH, activate the door button and then tow the
regulator back to one of the power units. You will have to use the ROV to press
the timed switch so you get out of the large central room (1D).
11. Tow the recovered power regulator and place it in-between the two prongs of
any one of the empty power units, release it from your MGH and then pull the
relevant electrical lever. This sends power through more of the sub, lights,
buttons etc. Now go back to the room where you entered the air duct (1D). Again
you will need to use the ROV to get through the timed door, though this time
you are through, a button to the left is now powered and can be pressed to keep
the door open.
12. South of this room (1D) is a corridor, blocked with a closed door, which
now be opened by pressing the recently powered button (just to the left of the
door). The second missing power regulator is in here, along with a closed door
and a powerless button. Tow the power regulator back to the last empty power
unit, and pull the relevant lever. This sends power through the rest of the sub.
Go back to the corridor where you found the last power regulator, collecting the
ROV from room (1F), if you haven’t already. Use the, now powered, button to open
the door and you should be confronted with a collapsed corridor, an air duct and
a service tunnel.
13. Send the ROV through the service tunnel. Emerging into a corridor, a button
on the wall is directly in front of you. Drive into the button, which will open
the door to the left then return control to your sub.
14. Maneuver the sub through the air duct, with a bias to heading south. You
will come out into the passage where the open door and your ROV are waiting.
the ROV and continue through the corridor, being careful of the electric eels.
You will come to two doors and a button, use the button to access the eastern
room (1B). In this room, as well as a couple of spiders, there is an up-link.
Access the up-link to open the other door, this leads to the control room (1A).
15. Enter the control room and head east, watching out for the eels. On the
wall is an up-link that opens the door to Hold 1G at the aft of the crashed sub.
On your way then….
16. At the eastern most point of room Hold 1G is an up-link, fend off the
jellyfish and spider threats before using it to open the door that leads to the
lower level engine room (1H); the western most part of the sub.
17. In the lower engine room (1H), head west, being careful of the eels, until
you hit the back wall, you then need to ascend a tunnel in the roof to reach the
18. The Second floor of the crashed sub starts with a couple of electric eels
and spiders hindering your progress. Head east and eventually through the half
open door on the right. Follow the corridor, use the button to open the door and
move into the next room.
19. Oil spurts from cracked pipes on your right, stay near the floor or ceiling
and time your progress past them. Then double back, on the other side of the
corrugated wall, two eels here, to reach a lever. This lever opens the exit door
at the opposite end of the room. Go through the door.
20. Watch it! There’s a spider on the ceiling to the left, kill it. Undock the
ROV and maneuver it in front of the button by the eastern door. Return control
the sub and go into the computer room through the half open door, an eel patrols
this area. Access the up-link, this powers the button, change control to the ROV
and press the button. Sub controls again; release the MGH from the up-link go to
the ROV; change control and dock the ROV. Edge your way into the corridor
carefully as eels patrol this area.
21. Head down the corridor, an eel patrols across the T-junction. Turn right
move south through the half open door, then left and into the next open room.
Spider and jellyfish threat in here. This room also contains a torpedo on a
trolley, a button on the south wall activates the trolley and sends it down the
room, opens the door and allows access to the next room, a spider and eel await
you. When the torpedo reaches the end of its track, the chute doors open. Move
into the chute, use flares to help guide you then halfway down turn to the left,
and then left again at the end to get into the room, opposite the one you just
22. A spider and two eels hinder your progress. A button on the north wall,
slightly ahead of you, activates the second torpedo trolley, follow as before.
Spiders and jellyfish populate this next room. Keep heading west and into the
corridor. A closed door and button await you, this leads back into the
corridor you came through earlier, but behind you on the north wall is a service
tunnel. Undock the ROV and pilot it through.
23. Time your exit from the service tunnel and into the computer room, an eel
waits. To the left of the closed door is the button. Again, time this as an eel
patrols the area. Move through the door, turn left and use the button to open
south door. Switch back to the sub and take it through to meet up with the ROV,
dock them. Head back into the second computer room and access the up-link to
the door opposite the computer room.
24. Moving west, you should now enter a room with three rotating cogs, time
passage through these, and follow the corridor round. As you turn left a spider
spits at you from the ceiling, and as you turn right another waits on the north
25. You should now be outside the reactor room, and are confronted with two
closed doors and two buttons. Use the button to open the reactor door and enter.
Access the up-link to engage the plutonium rods, a cut scene then shows the
consequences. Disengage from the up-link, head down into the reactor and suck up
the shards of plutonium from the snapped rod. These fragments are so irradiated
that they start depleting your shield, you have to get out of the crashed sub
back to your home landscape immediately. When the reactor started it
automatically closed the door you came through, blow out the glass and send the
ROV through to open the door from the other side. Turn left, open the door and
head west. Use the tunnel to descend to the first floor, you can replenish your
shields from the up-link in room (1G), before exiting the crashed sub where you
first came in.
26. Ascend quickly, though the crack that was cleared by the propeller, and get
back to your home landscape. Once back, head to the nearest drop point (at the
metals mine) and offload the plutonium shards before they kill you. Then dock at
the city for your next briefing.
Fend off spores.
1. The GP3 sub, equipped with double ripper is the best bet for this mission.
Follow the OLI and as you near the abyss a distress signal is detected. Respond.
Follow the new OLI back to the seismic base cave entrance, where a turbulent
vortex has appeared, enter this and the incredible pressures will crush your
You will be set upon by strange alien life forms, which unleash part of
themselves at you. Concentrate on one of the creatures at a time. Inflicting
damage on the main body, rids them of the circling orbs and ultimately splits
creature into two, take these out before the can reform with on another. With
Razz’s help, eliminate all of them to finish the mission. Return and dock at the
city, when requested, for your next briefing.
Ride the Vortex.
1. A simple sub game where you control a gun turret mounted on the Military
Cruiser. Defend the Cruiser from any oncoming obstacles as it navigates the
Vortex. Try to ignore the Vortex tunnel and keep your eye on the crosshair.
Emerge into a wasteland.
Hint: stick to using the pulse gun and laser and reserve your sarnoff/ripper
1. Now piloting the GP4 ‘Tank sub’ you can now drive along the sea floor if
so wish. After launching from the Cruiser, head west until you reach a tunnel in
the floor in-between two pyramids. Descending this tunnel you come out into a
room with two doorways set in the back wall. One half open and one closed, enter
2. On the floor is a set of hieroglyphs, with three of them being illuminated
by red rays that come through a red crystal in the roof. Make a note of these
three symbols. Leave the room and ascend the tunnel.
3. The tip of the northern pyramid is not aligned correctly, attach to it with
your MGH and pull it round so it clicks into position. This opens the second
in the underground room, but entering this room now is useless. Continue heading
west until you come across a tall obelisk with a hole through it.
4. To the left (south) of the obelisk you will see a red crystal set in the
floor, to the north and west are two empty slots. Looking through these holes
can see two more underground rooms with hieroglyphs on the floor. You have to
find the green and blue crystals that are somewhere in the landscape, place them
in their slots, which then illuminates the hieroglyphs in the relevant
5. The blue crystal can be found north west of the obelisk, in the rubble of a
fallen tower. Use the MGH to tow it back and place it in the slot north of the
6. The green crystal is found southeast of the obelisk, at the tip of a still
standing tower. A locking mechanism keeping the crystal in place, so you must
at it from the inside. At the base of the tower a slab covers a tunnel, use the
MGH to pull out of the way. Once inside the tower, ascend to the top and either
shoot the, or drive against the switch until the green crystal is released.
Retrieve it and tow it back to the slot, west of the obelisk.
7. When all three crystals are in place the obelisk lowers into the ground.
hole is aligned with the sun on the giant carving, in the underground room you
first visited, and creates a passageway. Use this to get into the green light
clue room. Once you have noted down the three sets of illuminated hieroglyphs,
head west to the open room, just near the green crystal tower.
8. The red puzzle room consists of a red crystal inside a clear pyramid and
eight pressure pads set in the floor. These must be activated to start the
machinery. Hope you noted down those symbols (if not, it’s the crow, the mouth
and the arm). Once the puzzle is solved, it raises the central obelisk and opens
the blue puzzle room door.
9. The blue puzzle room consists of a blue crystal inside a clear pyramid and
six pressure platforms that must be weighted down with the tank sub. The symbols
are the crow, the mouth, the leg and the stork. Once solved, it raises the
central obelisk and opens the green puzzle room door.
10. The green puzzle room consists of a green crystal inside a clear pyramid
and eleven pull blocks set into the back wall. Use your MGH to pull out the five
correct ones. These are the crow, the pot, the water symbol, the crow again and
the mouth. Once solved, the green crystal obelisk will rise and when at the top
will trigger a cut scene. This, ultimately, opens the door to the giant pyramid.
Giant pyramid interior.
DUAT floor 1.
Hint: stick to using the pulse gun and laser and reserve your sarnoff/ripper
1. Head east, and on the floor behind the raised block is an Ankh life
regenerator. Place the tank sub over this pad and your shield will be
replenished. This can be used limitlessly.
2. Ascend and head through the tunnel, still moving east. Watch out for the
nautilus in here. When you come out into an open room, another nautilus, ascend
and turn one-eighty to find another tunnel and a nautilus behind the blocks.
3. Now heading west, follow the tunnel along and up, it then opens up into a
wider passageway. Follow this round and you will be confronted with a damaged
wall. Destroy the blocks at the base to advance.
4. Following the passage round, a stream of hot bubbles will suddenly erupt
from the grate in the floor, watch the timing and choose your moment to
There is another before the turn. You are then confronted with more bubbles and
what looks like a dead end. Turning south, you notice a section of the wall is
discoloured, blast a way through.
5. Ahead of you are more destructible blocks, blast these to reveal a
hieroglyph on the wall. Follow the tunnel around and down. Below you, a large
floor grate and in the back wall, two pull switches. Remember that hieroglyph?
Use your MGH to pull the correct one. Return through the tunnel and continue
heading north, remembering to time the hot bubble streams.
6. A grate in the wall ahead, directs a strong current towards you, preventing
your progress. A nautilus here and two round the corner also hinder you. Destroy
the discoloured part of the south wall to reveal a small passage and use the MGH
on the pull switch at the back to stop the current.
7. Continue on your way, blasting the block wall and avoiding the bubble
behind it. Nautilus and a timed current await you round the next corner. Then a
combo of bubble stream and current flow has to be bypassed next, watch the
and wait for your moment.
8. A thin passage of bubble streams, but before that a discoloured wall are
encountered next. Blast a gap in the wall, then use to the MGH to pull the stone
slab, in this passage, back towards you. Now time your way past the bubble jets
in the thin passage parallel.
9. Before moving into the next area that opens out a little, take out the
nautilus, as the camera switches to an external shot and makes fighting them
difficult. An Ankh life pad is to your left. Time your way past the next set of
bubble streams and ahead of you a spiky stone slab should start moving.
10. Follow the spiky slab closely and strafe into the first alcove on your
Turn 180 so you are looking west and wait for the slab to move past you, moving
west. Quickly strafe out left and to the right you should see three bricks,
partially blocking a small gap. Blow them away, strafing back into the alcove to
dodge the spiky slab if necessary. Follow the slab west and dive through the
11. Above the grate section of the floor in this room, it is hot throughout. So
get across to the other side, whilst avoiding the bubble jets as quickly as
possible. A pull switch awaits you at the other side. Once activated, return to
the spiky slab passage. Wait for the slab to pass you moving west and dive out,
head east and if you’re quick you can go straight to the next alcove on the
right. If you don’t want to risk it, strafe into the alcove on the left and have
12. From this southern alcove, and looking east, you should be able to see a
discoloured part of the wall ahead, blast it from here. There is enough space
between the two spiky slabs to sit, use the tracks in the floor as a guide. Dive
into the gap when the time is right.
13. Another larger hot room with a grated floor and bubble jets wait. Get
to the other side and active the pull switch with your MGH. This lowers the
second slab that stops your progress in the spiky slab passage.
14. The second spiky slab is more difficult to get past. Wait in the southern
alcove, opposite the small gap, until the slab passes you heading east, then
quickly dive out in-front of the slab and head west for the alcove on the left
fast as you can. Wait in here ‘til the slab passes you and starts heading east
again, then move out and continue. A nautilus waits around the corner.
15. You should be now heading north and will be confronted with a nautilus and
bubble stream/current flow combo. Wait, watch the timing and choose your moment.
Round the corner a current flows from the left, forcing anything caught in it,
into bubble streams on the right. Again, time your move.
16. The final room on this floor has a few external camera cuts, which may
disorientate you, a tip is to always turn and head towards the camera when it
switches. A spiky block is ahead of you, a bubble stream hinders your progress
the immediate right, immovable pressure pads can be seen on the floor and a gold
pull switch is on the central pillar. When this switch is activated the spiky
slab starts moving around the room, over the pads which switch off the bubbles
forward of them. So, you are in-between a slab and a hot place. As soon as you
have pulled the switch, quickly detach the MGH, turn and head towards the
wait for the bubbles to stop before advancing. A little tip, you are more likely
to die from being hit by the spiky slab than the bubbles. You have to go round
the room twice, and when heading west for the second time, a slab door will have
lowered to let you exit. Turning left (south) in this exit passage will lead to
dead end and a Ankh life pad. Whew! Then head south, turn right at the end and
move up the slope.
DUAT floor 2.
1. Turn right, so you’re looking east and destroy the blocks (the laser is
excellent for this purpose). A plaque on the wall can be analysed by the Sub’s
OA. Drive onto the pressure pad, this opens the door to the north. Go through
door and turn right, there is a spider here. Destroy the blocks to reveal
pressure pad, drive onto it (the camera will cut here) to rotate the cog, and
allow you access to the next area. Head west and drive under the cog. Two
to your right.
2. Keep left and head south. An Ammit statue, spits fire intermittently. You
have to time this and nip in to the right, where a pull switch waits (you have
revert to sub mode to pull it). After activating the switch, time your way back
past the fire and go into the room that has just opened. A spider waits. Blow
base of the statue away, it falls and triggers a pressure pad, which in turn
lowers a door behind you. A plaque is also at the back of this room behind some
destructible stone cubes. After retrieving the clue, head south through the gap.
Turn left immediately and destroy the blocks next to the Ammit statue you
encountered earlier. Drive onto the pressure pad to switch off a bubble stream
further down the level.
3. Continue south and into a fire jet maze (the camera will cut to above),
it easy and aim to get to the north west corner where destructible blocks cover
hieroglyph plaque on the wall. Once analysed and the clue is uncovered, rotate
180 and head south. Behind the Ammit statue is an Ankh life pad, destroy the
blocks and drive onto it to recover your shield. Drive round the front of the
statue, time your way past the fire jet and down the slope into the water.
to sub mode, activate the pull switch in this pool to rotate the cog, then
and drive under the cog to progress. Follow the
4. Follow the corridor round and sit on the, time release, pressure pad until
the door is lowered completely. The advance quickly, but be careful as fire jets
suddenly erupt from the floor grate. When these have extinguished rush through
the gap. If you don’t make it, time your way back through the fire and activate
the pressure pad again.
5. You will then come across a simple maze with two spiky blocks sliding
the floor (camera cuts to above view). Turn right and head towards the second
block. Bide your time, follow the second slab and drive into the alcove. Choose
your moment, nip in front of the slab and get round the corner. Wait for the
first slab then cruise round past the column. Use the Ankh life pad to restore
your shield. A large pressure pad sits opposite the Ankh pad and to the west of
that, destructible blocks that stop the spiky block from advancing. Destroy the
blocks, get out of the way, and the spiky block will move onto and depress the
large pad. The door behind you opens.
6. The Mummy. You are locked into the automatic combat mode for this boss. So
strafing left and right are your only movement options. The mummy’s initial weak
points are the thin bare arm bones, the ripper is a good weapon choice here.
Concentrate on these parts whilst strafing to avoid the single bolts thrown by
the mummy. To avoid the larger, double handed, bolt, it is best to stay still
whilst it is being charged, then strafe quickly to one side as the imminent fire
flash is created. When you have blown the arms off, the mummy’s weak point
changes to the amulet that protects its heart and its attack switches to the eye
beams. To avoid these beams, move to either the far left or right of the room
whilst the eyes are charging, then as you get the imminent fire flash, quickly
strafe across to the other side of the room. Continue until you have destroyed
the amulet heart protector. The north exit door will then open.
7. An Ankh pad is to your immediate left in this room, whilst to the right
destructible blocks covering a plaque. Time your way past the flames that are
released from the Ammit statue, the last flame obstructs your way to a pad that
opens the exit door.
8. A couple of spiders are scurrying around in here. Head north and behind
pillar is a pad that opens two low doors behind you. The area on the left
contains destructible blocks and a plaque. The area on the right has a
discoloured section of wall, shoot this to knock the block through. Directly
north of the pad are two more stone cubes that block an area containing a plaque
and a pressure pad. This pad switches off the west firing flame from the Ammit
statue. Time your way past the east and north firing flame jets and cut in left
to the pressure pad and the last of the seven clue plaques. Switching this pad
reactivates the west firing flame but turns the south one. Go round the Ammit
statue again and head for the door the pad just opened.
9. To the immediate right is the second pad required to open the south bound
door. Time your way through the two flame jets (stick close to one side). A
plaque on the wall describes what the next room is.
10. The Hall of Two Truths: A plaque directly in front of you gives a clue of
what you have to do to solve the puzzle in here. The seven plaques you analysed
before tell of four virtues and three sins. Basically you have to suck up the
virtuous parts of the heart, drive up the ramp and offload them in the scales.
The correct colours to suck up are gold, white, black and silver. If you drop
four pieces in that are not all correct, the scales remain unbalanced, the
reappear at their origin and deadly gold flies are released. When the puzzle is
completed the first part of the artifact is released from the hand of Osiris’s
statue. Drive over to the base of the statue and suck it up, the water level
11. Revert to sub mode and leave the room from where you came. Head up to the
surface, turn 180 and move south. Spiders are on the roof of the scale room.
Above the half column that resides in the spiky maze area is the exit to the
DUAT floor 3
1. Set into the wall are four spinning stone cubes, three sides contain an
image of a mosquito and the fourth having the water symbol. When a cube is shot,
it stops rotating until all four cubes are stationary. Hit the water symbol so
these are all aligned and the water level will rise giving you access to the
area. Hint: shoot the faster spinning cubes first.
2. Up the slope into the next room. Five large tops with pressure pads at
base circle a stone column that rotates firing a deadly beam. By driving over
pads you have to make the tops spin in the correct sequence. Destructible blocks
in three corners of the room hide this three part sequence. For you lazy lot,
first sequence is RED, GREEN, BLUE. Then YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, BLACK. Lastly,
YELLOW, GREEN, BLACK, BLUE. Head west through the open door once the puzzle is
3. The mirror room has beams of light coming in through holes in three of the
walls. These then hit a crystal and turn the beam to the relevant colour. Your
task is to link the three coloured beams to crystals in the centre of the room.
Shooting the mirrors rotates them, and reflects the beam accordingly. These
are so intense that they will inflict damage if you drive your sub through them.
DUAT floor 4
1. Moving south off the lift, a bunch of gold flies are released from the
at the back of the room. You must destroy all of them for the exit door (at the
southeast corner) to open.
2. Moving east into the next area, a plaque on the left gives you a clue on
to retrieve the second piece of the artifact. Enter the open room and a cut
will show you the position of said artifact (in the hand of the King’s statue).
Head down the room towards the statue, timing your way past the flames (stick to
one side). A pressure pad is set in front and an Ankh life pad is to the left of
the King’s statue. Depress the pad, a cut scene shows the door opening. Head
to the open door and go through it.
3. A solid gold statue of a fly sits on a pedestal at the north end of the
room, two shards of gold sit at its base. As soon as you suck these pieces up
fly comes alive. Flying around the room and intermittently landing on the wall
drop maggots, you have to blow it away and suck up the fragments of gold fall
from it. When the maggots are released, concentrate on these first and you
get through this quickly and easily. Suck up all the gold from the destroyed fly
and return to the King’s statue room.
4. Replenish your shield from Ankh pad first. A drop point in front of the
King’s statue, shown by a slot in the floor, is where you offload the gold
shards. When the king is happy with your offering the artifact is released. Suck
up the artifact and you move on to the fifth and final floor.
DUAT floor 5
1. The third and final piece of the artifact is in this room. The only problem
is that you have to defeat the mutha scarab to get it. You are locked into the
fixed attack position for this boss, so strafing left and right are your only
2. The first attack has the scarab bashing her mound which releases mud balls
from the hole nearest to you, avoid these by strafing. The second attack has
three flying baby scarabs hatching from these mud balls. They in turn hover
around in front of the mound and spit venom at you. When all three are killed,
the mutha moves to its third attack. Turning round, so its rear is pointing
towards you, she opens her wing casing revealing a red crystal looking object.
Just before the wing case opens fully, start strafing as an intense beam of
shoots out and tracks you. The weak point is the red area that unleashes the
beam. After you have killed the mutha scarab, the third piece of the artifact is
dropped just in front of the mound, suck this up to move on.
When you hit the water after leaping out of the pyramid, head east back to the
Cruiser. As you approach you receive a distress signal, they are under attack.
Get over there and help them out. Tip: just go underneath and to the centre of
the Cruiser. This automatically docks you and the Cruiser heads home. You have
man a turret through the vortex.
Silent turret attack!
1. As you come out of the Vortex the Admiral warns you of a silent attack. You
are requested to remotely man a turret and fend of the craft that are attacking
the city. When the turret you are controlling is destroyed you are automatically
moved to the next turret. Take out as many craft as you can before the Cruiser
2. Load up the GP3, launch and take out the remaining silent craft. After all
are destroyed the Admiral will request you dock at the city for your next
Attack on Shadowkin Base
1. Load up the GP3 with your desired selection of weapons, doubling up on the
sarnoff or ripper is usually a good move, though I prefer the ripper.
Alternatively, if you retrieved the old style damaged pirate sub earlier in the
game you will be piloting this instead.
2. After launching, follow the OLI and enter the rock pool landscape.
3. In the rock pools, head for and through the mine field then down one of the
three thin passages that head east. Use the B.U.R.S.T. drive to get through
quickly and avoid confrontation with the turrets. When you come out into the
large open pool, Razz will lead her team in.
4. When Razz and her team arrive they will take out the turrets and any
Shadowkin that are launched, you must concentrate on getting through the outer
doors (easy if you’re in the old pirate sub), east of the ruins. Hang around
the doors until a Shadowkin sub is launched then dive through.
5. A simple rotating door mechanism must be bypassed, the first opening is at
o’clock and the second at 9 o’clock. Wait for the gap to align then nip through.
6. In the allied sub you will be attacked straight away, but in the old pirate
sub you are ignored for a few minutes or until you shoot the door mechanism or
destroy parts of the power generator. Make these minutes count.
7. Coming out of the passage and to the interior open area of the Shadowkin
base, turning 180 to face the passage you can see the door mechanism on the
Destroying this allows your allies through.
8. Lots of Shadowkin attack you in here, its tough but multi-homers help a
little. Let your allies handle the craft while you go and take out the
Head east past the two smaller buildings and south of the main dome is the
generator platform. Threat diamonds on your HUD highlight the sections that must
be destroyed. These are the two large tanks at the back and the central drill
spindle. Once all three are the wrecked the main dome doors open. Get in there.
9. Inside the main dome a collar rotates protecting the central core. Strafe
around with the gap in the collar and shoot through it to hit the plasma core.
Shadowkin are launched constantly to make your life difficult. When the core is
destroyed, a little surprise awaits.
10. Deav! Not dead after all, but a Shadowkin brother. A fight to the death
ensues whilst the base counts down to explosion. Again, multi-homers are vital
11. If you manage to kill Deav, you escape the base just before it blows (cut
scene) and pleasingly emerge in your home landscape. Return to the city for a
Abyss once more
1. Follow the OLI and dive into the abyss.
2. Once in the Abyss, dive, dive, dive. Ignore the silent spore threats and
spiders and dive as deep as you can, past the crashed sub until you reach the
seabed – depth of 1050. Then head through the tunnels and east towards the
city. More spiders and spores attack you here. Enter the opening of the silent
Stealth or Impression.
1. Follow the organic tunnel. This opens out into a chamber with electricity
running from the ceiling to the floor. Head north for the exit, avoiding the
electricity. The exit mouth opens and closes so hold back, away from the
electricity before choosing your moment to dive through.
2. Entering the next chamber you are attacked by silent craft. Keep moving.
Using multi-homers your best bet is to back away whilst strafing to avoid their
bullets. When you hit the back wall, fly forwards past them, turn 180 and start
backing away again. Don’t expect it to be easy, and concentrate on taking the
ones out that are flying around. When all the ships are destroyed, the mouth at
the west end of the chamber opens. Your OLI shows this. Tip: with the pin gun,
you can take out a couple of the craft that are growing on the wall before fully
entering the room.
3. Through the tunnel and into the next chamber you are attacked by a swarm of
adult spores. You’ve fought these before so kill them with the same vengeance.
Don’t forget they split into two and reform if you don’t kill one of the split
spores. When all the spores are destroyed, the opening to the south becomes
4. Out of the tunnel into the next chamber baby spores are launched from five
egg shaped objects that are embedded in the floor. Ignore the spores and
concentrate on shooting the eggs, when all five are destroyed and the exit will
open. Indicated by the OLI.
The Silent Mutha.
1. This is the heart of the silent city and the creator of everything evil.
are locked into the automatic attack position for this final boss, so strafe up,
down, left and right are your only controls. The electricity is a constant so
need to keep your eye on it as it comes over and around the mass.
2. Its initial attack is to spawn three adult spores, you have to destroy
first. Try to concentrate on one at a time as they move towards you, as they
regenerate their attack spheres if you leave them. When all three spores have
been destroyed, the second attack begins. Whilst you are fighting the spores,
and destroy the connection point where the three tendrils are linked to the
3. The mouths on the mass open and charge up a beam attack. Strafe out of the
way as you get the imminent fire flash to avoid the beam. The three mouths on
left are linked to the left tendril, and same with the right. Only when the
left/right tendril has been detached from the wall and the relevant mouth is
can you damage them, a well-timed single shot with the pin gun should destroy
them. After a mouth has unleashed the beam, another mouth starts to open. This
continues until the last large mouth in the centre (which cannot be destroyed)
has unleashed its attack.
4. After the beam attacks the mutha will go back to releasing the spores,
unless you have blown away the links and detached the tendrils from the wall. If
the left and right tendrils are free then they will swipe and release a volley
spore spheres at you, left then right. Just keep moving to avoid them.
5. If the lower tendril is free it will unleash rings of negative energy
your sub. Just stay out of the rings to avoid taking damage.
6. If the lower tendril is free and the six mouths have been destroyed it will
try and retrieve energy from its surroundings by drawing in matter (the rings
will go towards the tendril opening). This is the time to use the artifact.
Select it from the weapon list and use the same technique as the homers to lock
on to the opening, then FIRE!